Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > About my user status

About my user status
Tiresias
Jun 12, 2009, 04:58 AM

It's been a while now since the omnipotent administrators of MacNN resurrected Tiresias. In view of their infinitely gracious gesture, I did not complain excessively about my new status as Alias Whore with its subjoined list of former incarnations. But I believe the time has come to ask for the dunce hat to be removed.

You see, as someone who considers themselves visually literate and who, in particular, cherishes a formal economy of detail, its cumbersomeness has begun to irritate me.

I trust that you will acquit yourselves magnanimously and await your final decision with patience.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jun 12, 2009, 08:26 AM

You know, you can fix that easily by just starting a new alias....

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
its cumbersomeness has begun to irritate me.
Then I guess your punishment has only just begun.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
You know, you can fix that easily by just starting a new alias....
Winner

-t

reader50
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009, 11:44 AM

After merging accounts, all posts show as having been made by 'Tiresias' - even when they were made months or years ago by one of the lost handles. This can be confusing, especially if people had replied to you by name. I added the lost names in part so anyone who visited an old thread could see that you were the same person. The custom title was just for fun.

I'd have pulled the whole thing after 6-12 months if there were no complaints - long enough to cover most people who might visit and check old posts.

You've got your normal title back now, is the rest terribly burdensome? It wasn't intended as a dunce cap or red letter. I was thinking especially of Marketplace posts, where people gauge others' credibility by researching their past interactions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules