Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes, multiple devices, same account

iTunes, multiple devices, same account
Rumor
Aug 10, 2014, 09:31 PM

I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible:

Wife and I each have an iPhone, and we share a MBP. My iPhone and the MBP are on my iTunes account with my Apple ID. My wife's iPhone used her own Apple ID but it was linked to my iTunes account. I won't go into particulars, but her phone was remotely wiped. When Verizon split our plan, they screwed all sorts of stuff up, but ultimately, she created a new Apple ID. Contacts and everything are fine because it was saved in iCloud (they had her set up a new ID for that also, but I changed it back so she didn't lose her info).

Now, her old (pre-wipe) Apple ID seems to no longer be tied to my account and I can't figure out how to get it back that way. It's silly to have to pay for apps twice.

Short: Up until recently, wife had an Apple ID that tied to mine. That is no longer the case. How do I get it back?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 11, 2014, 08:30 AM

It might be a good idea to wait for the introduction Family Sharing in iOS 8 before trying to work this out - this is the opposite of what you want, but chances are that there's a lot going on in the background at the moment that may even have caused the dissociation of your Apple IDs.

And it's quite possible (please please please) that they might make ID management more flexible than it has been in the past, while they're at it.

P
Aug 11, 2014, 10:46 AM

Have you tried calling Apple iCloud support and explaining your problem? Seems like the easiest way.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules