Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > fus users can't load firefox

fus users can't load firefox
eatinwokout
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2005, 04:05 PM

i don't know whats going on.

i have two accounts on my mac. my admin account and one standard user account. im not having this problem with any other application.

when i go into the standard user account and click firefox, the firefox icon shows up on the dock for about a second then disappears. i've repaired permissions no both accounts. these are the ownerships & permission settings i have set in the admin account for firefox:

you can: read & write
owner: {myusername}
access: read & write
group: admin
access: read & write
others: read only

are those the right settings. i don't recall ever playing around with them after installing firefox.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2005, 04:32 PM

Any interesting messages in the console?

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2005, 04:34 PM

Ha, same thing happened here to me the other night. Do you have filevault on? Even if you don't, what I did to resolve the issue is download Firefox in the account having problems. Change permissions to have everyone with read/write access. Launch Firefox to make sure it works. Logout, try your account. If there's another workaround, please let me know but this seemed to work for me so far.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

eatinwokout  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2005, 04:36 PM

optimus thanks.. i changed the permissions to read & write for both accounts. i restarted and the standard account was able to access firefox.

Forum Links
Forum Rules