Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Pay it Forward

Pay it Forward
whgoodman
Jul 9, 2006, 03:50 PM

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this, but here's the deal. I have a sawtooth Mac with the following specs -

Panther 10.3.9 [installed from 10.3.2 and upgraded]
AGP graphics
One 500MHz processor
1GB of RAM
60GB disk [I think. Didn't check before I shut it down]

I used this system to get my feet wet with the operating environment and have since purchased a dual 2.3 G5. I want to GIVE this system away with a legal copy of 10.3.2 Panther. No warranty, no other software and no follow-up support. I would like this system to go to someone who has a need for the system other than resale on e-bay. Perhaps someone that would like to experience OS X w/o the cost of the startup system as I did. At any rate, I'm not willing to ship the system so it's for pickup only. I'm located west of Washington D.C. so if you want/need a fully functional, although slightly dusty, sawtooth and are willing to make the effort to pick it up then it will go to the first person that sends the PM.

Walt

Cross
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2006, 04:10 PM

I wish you would ship this is a great deal for someone looking to introduce someone else to the mac. I would love to see this go to my mom and finally get her into the mac world.

Its awsome to see someone do this, Kudo's!
"I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine." -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2006, 04:33 PM

Ooo i am looking for one of these right now but I live in Colorado Springs. I will pay for shipping.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2006, 04:45 PM

You can email me too at imitchellg5ATgmail.com ( just remove AT with @)

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2006, 05:30 PM

Find a teacher or a school who would put it to good use in your area.

Cross
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2006, 05:55 PM

Thats a really good idea to!
"I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine." -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.

CrazedVW
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2006, 06:06 PM

I'm a teacher. PM sent.
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/4GB/500GB/SuperDrive (Mine)
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/2GB/160GB/SuperDrive (Wife's)

pinktank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2006, 06:10 PM

I would want it If I wasnt economically stable(will create a download server), try to give it to someone who can't afford it but shows passion for creating.

whgoodman  (op)
Jul 10, 2006, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the interest. I really would like to keep it local as the shipping on this thing [due to weight and I don't have the original packing] would be pretty high. I do like the idea of giving it to a school. I live in Fairfax county which seems to be very picky on what is accepted as a donation. The area as a whole is fairly wealthy and the schools are well funded for computers and such.

Walt

whgoodman  (op)
Jul 10, 2006, 10:00 AM

Thanks all. The Sawtooth has a new home with CrazedVW in RIchmond about an hour and a half south of here.

Walt

specialk
Jul 10, 2006, 10:01 AM

too late...

Forum Links
Forum Rules