Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Fluttering Sound

Fluttering Sound
kaze0
Jul 19, 2006, 06:13 AM

Hi guys,

My 15" macbook pro started making a fluttering sound thats coming from the upper right corner.
Does anyone have an idea what this is or what components it might be. I previosly heard it before but a light tap stopped it, so I doubted that I'd ever be able to bring it to a genius bar before it stopped. But now it just seems to keep on truck, annoying as hell.

Is there a fan in/near that corner?

pinktank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2006, 08:10 AM

It means your fan is porbably bumping about something since it one of the only mechanical parts of the system. Just take it to a genius?

kaze0  (op)
Jul 19, 2006, 09:13 AM

Yeah I plan to. Seems to start right up again after putting it to sleep so I should have no trouble getting it there while its still making the noise. The closest Apple store is like an hour away so I'd hate to head there and not have it happening.

Forum Links
Forum Rules