Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > what are ways i can make my MBP pretty in the outside?

what are ways i can make my MBP pretty in the outside?
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2006, 12:14 AM

so i found out through another thread, that if i "mod" the MBP i might have problems get it services.

but i want my MBP to be pretty. lots of pink, flowers and cute things. but i dont really know what to use... decals, stickers, some service that will do it without voiding the warranty? any and all suggestions are welcomed!!!

also i would like to have my ipod and cell be generally matching with the outside cuteness. i am big fan of things cute like hello kitty, and www.cuteoverload.com so anything it vain would rock!!
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 12:58 AM

Stickers or decals on your MBP it will not void your warranty
only if you crack the case open or something will it be any type of problem.
Linkinus is king.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 01:15 AM

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/...?configid=1180 take a look there, i would also call apple and see if painting it voids it, and call colorware and ask about the process.... that is going to be your Pretty Pink MBP. hope this helps :-D

onlykaria  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2006, 01:29 AM

thanks both you guys! colorware looks like they do good work, but i was hoping to avoid them simply because they chagre so much and i have already had to have my MBP replaced 4 times, so i thinking that for now spending that kind of money on a job i may not have for very long. but i might do it for the ipod as that is ALOT cheaper.

i know that some stickers are removal, but what about decals? wikipedia doesnt really say much about them.

when i do an amazon search for decals alot of car decals come up, can i use those on the MBP or does it have to be another kind?
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

pinktank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2006, 03:28 AM

I think a large hello kitty vinyl sticker would be great on either a white or black macbook. I'd wait a week and see if anybody comes up with those all covering vinyl stickers o you can do a design and just stick it on and it will look better than individual stickers.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2006, 01:07 PM

A large sponge bob vinyl overlay would look great.
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Forum Links
Forum Rules