Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > UK: airline terror plot disrupted - "mass murder on an unimaginable scale"

UK: airline terror plot disrupted - "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" (Page 2)
PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
He was taken off the most wanted list.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

As if Liberals would have captured him. He's obviously being aided by certain people, probably the same people that Liberals would object to bombing. The Liberals would have probably signed a peace agreement with Osama now if they were in power.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:21 PM

It's not very complicated, Crash. On the day that the government goes public with news of a terror plot and arrests all the suspected conspirators, it seems like good judgement to take the precaution of banning various substances that could be used to carry out such a plot just in case:

(a) They didn't really find all the conspirators
(b) Copycats sympathetic to the terrorists would carry out a similar plot
(c) Fill in the blank with any other reason you could think of

It doesn't necessarily mean that they suspected the attacks were going to occur today, we don't yet have that information. When I go to the airport and have to take off my shoes during the security check, does that mean the government suspects another shoe-bombing plot is going to take place today?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE
Do you get out much? Seriously. Are you locked in a bunker or something?

CLEARLY no one expected a thing to go down today. The entire nation's airline service, as well as the UK should have checked with you in your bunker today to know there was nothing to be concerned about.

I know that right after the Florida plot was uncovered everyone was asked to dump all liquids and armed guards and National Guard troops were called out- suuure. Everyone just forgot about it.

Get over your stupid spin already- this WAS thought to be something that could happen today, and probably security measures will remain increased for some time now.
As itai points out they enacted the ban on liquids starting today, but they haven't claimed the plot was being executed today.

Look, because some people believed this was taking place today, I made the point that it was a plot in the planning stages and the authorities have said they don't know when it was going to be executed. That statement is true. You stated that terrorists were known to be boarding planes to blow them up today. That statement is false.

There is such a thing as truth and falsehood, crash. You can make post after post if you wish, but it doesn't change truth and falsity.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:25 PM

Oh, and just to add:
Originally Posted by CNN
Plotters hoped to stage a dry run of their plan within two days, U.S. intelligence officials tell the AP.
Hmm.... two days.... two.... days.... two ... days... to... days... to... day? ... today?!?! Hey I broke the secret code! CNN is working with the terrorists and they're planning to doctor photos of PowerAde so that some newspaper in Podunk, Iowa writes some caption about how Powerade 'bombed' as a product, thus notifying the terrorists to put their plan into action today using Gatorade, one month and a day from the fifth anniversary of 9/11! OMG! Wait is it the fifth anniversary??? I don't remember what year 9/11 happened! That damn Saddam must have put something in my water good thing we got him!
( Last edited by itai195; Aug 10, 2006 at 04:32 PM. )

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell
As itai points out they enacted the ban on liquids starting today, but they haven't claimed the plot was being executed today.

Look, because some people believed this was taking place today, I made the point that it was a plot in the planning stages and the authorities have said they don't know when it was going to be executed. That statement is true. You stated that terrorists were known to be boarding planes to blow them up today. That statement is false.

There is such a thing as truth and falsehood, crash. You can make post after post if you wish, but it doesn't change truth and falsity.
You made a truly dumb statement implying that it was "like the Florida plot" (it wasn't, not even close) and that it wasn't like anyone was on board with a bomb or ready to push a button. (As if that's what anyone would wait for before they'd stop a bomb plot.) Doofy was the ONLY person to state anything about it happening today before you posted your idiocy, and there's good reason to believe that something could have happended today- as much of the US and UK that tried to travel anywhere today found out first hand. But hey, you were in your bunker and so must have missed the news. Or everyone just made it all up, because, hey, what's the big deal?

Again, one has to ask, why is it liberals always do try and make light of terrorist threats?

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 04:40 PM

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Terrorists planned to use MP3 players and sports drinks to blow up as many as 10 jetliners bound for the United States, authorities said Thursday.

Not that it makes much of a difference, but I wonder if they were using Apple Ipods or some other MP3 player ?

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 04:42 PM

Again, one has to ask, why is it liberals always do try and make light of terrorist threats?
It's a knee-jerk reaction to the conservatives who will knee-jerk about the attack.

Oh yeah, Kevin says
Originally Posted by Kevin
Hyperbole!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Terrorists planned to use MP3 players and sports drinks to blow up as many as 10 jetliners bound for the United States, authorities said Thursday.

Not that it makes much of a difference, but I wonder if they were using Apple Ipods or some other MP3 player ?

The rechargeable batteries contain one of the ingredients for making the bombs.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
It's a knee-jerk reaction to the conservatives who will knee-jerk about the attack.
Preemtive kneejerking. That's sounds about right.

Considering the only thing any conservative did was joke about it being a mormon plot, looks like it worked.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
Great. So now no one will be able to play their MP3 players or use a laptop on planes because some bunch of dickwad extremists figured out how to make one into a bomb, but let's everyone whine at Bush for being the one taking everyone's freedoms away.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 04:54 PM

You made a truly dumb statement implying that it was "like the Florida plot" (it wasn't, not even close) and that it wasn't like anyone was on board with a bomb or ready to push a button. (As if that's what anyone would wait for before they'd stop a bomb plot.) Doofy was the ONLY person to state anything about it happening today before you posted your idiocy, and there's good reason to believe that something could have happended today- as much of the US and UK that tried to travel anywhere today found out first hand. But hey, you were in your bunker and so must have missed the news. Or everyone just made it all up, because, hey, what's the big deal?

I'm enjoying you claiming in consecutive sentences that 1) virtually no one said it was happening today, and 2) everyone knew it was happening today. Facts are darn things aren't they? When you try to play with them they have a tendency to tangle you up in knots.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 04:59 PM

Now did you read the new measures, it is getting crazier and crazier, forbidden bottles of shampoo, and drinks that you get at the airport; don't they check it before they are being sold at the airport.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:03 PM

I'm enjoying you claiming in consecutive sentences that 1) virtually no one said it was happening today, and 2) everyone knew it was happening today. Facts are darn things aren't they? When you try to play with them they have a tendency to tangle you up in knots.
It COULD have happend today dumbass. The entire world but you and a few other applogists seem to understand that. All the security measures, diversions, and delays were just for show, and armed guards, even National Guard in cities where flights were expected (TODAY) were just for fun. Because you wish it so.

Doofy's post was more a ? ending with MAYBE as far as 8/11. Speculation like anyone else.

Keep spinning. You kneejerked and compared a very serious threat to one that wasn't as serious, and made a dipshit statement about it not being like some last-minute TeeVee show caper you imagined. No one but you brought up any of that, everyone else was pretty much joking around about who was behind it.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:03 PM

It adds a whole new light to that Sierra Mist ad during the Super Bowl.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:06 PM

This is getting a little out of hand. All BRussell did was point out that making comparisons beween 8/10 and 9/11 was very premature given the current state of information.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:10 PM

Not sure about the time difference between the US and UK offhand, but last I checked here in the states currently, 8/11 is tommorow, not today. So even BRussel's insistance his stupid statement was in reaction to posts claiming it was today, is just another lie.

Claiming today's events were anything like the Florida plot was the only thing premature. This has been nothing like that.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:12 PM

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

As if Liberals would have captured him. He's obviously being aided by certain people, probably the same people that Liberals would object to bombing. The Liberals would have probably signed a peace agreement with Osama now if they were in power.

hmmm, if the dems were in power,

1) we would not be iWaq. can everyone agree to this at least?

2) we would have continued the search in tora bora

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 10, 2006, 05:15 PM

No, we'd all be speaking Arabic, our women would be wearing burkas and MTV would be illegal.
Total appeasement.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:16 PM

It COULD have happend today dumbass. The entire world but you and a few other applogists seem to understand that. All the security measures, diversions, and delays were just for show, and armed guards, even National Guard in cities where flights were expected (TODAY) were just for fun. Because you wish it so.

Doofy's post was more a ? ending with MAYBE as far as 8/11. Speculation like anyone else.

Keep spinning. You kneejerked and compared a very serious threat to one that wasn't as serious, and made a dipshit statement about it not being like some last-minute TeeVee show caper you imagined. No one but you brought up any of that, everyone else was pretty much joking around about who was behind it.
I made a factually accurate statement that this was being planned, not executed, and for the past four hours you've gone ballistic in about a dozen posts about it... and yet I'm knee-jerking.

And wait, I thought the Florida threat was very serious. Al Gonzales said that it was planned to be "greater than 9/11" and involved a "full ground war" against the US. Are you telling me that's not true now?

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Captain
No, we'd all be speaking Arabic, our women would be wearing burkas and MTV would be illegal.
Total appeasement.
I was about to post something very similar to this, but I suspect you weren't being sarcastic.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2006, 05:30 PM

"Now did you read the new measures, it is getting crazier and crazier, forbidden bottles of shampoo, and drinks that you get at the airport; don't they check it before they are being sold at the airport."

The Pakistani Islamofascists were planning on 'assembling' the bombs onboard the planes. The bombs were to be made from ingredients found in common items - none of which would be forbidden from being in carry-on luggage. Cosmetics, rechargeable batteries, and other things that were available *inside* the airport terminal - *after* passengers were security screened. Most airports have what amounts to shopping malls inside. I don't know what necessary ingredient is found in sports drinks - but I'm going to suggest that the islamofascists were going to carry-on bottles of what *looked* like a sports drink, but contained a material useful for making an explosive device. This liquid would not be detectable by electronic 'sniffers' - because it wouldn't be classified as an explosive component.

From what I understand, it would take 4 islamofascists on each plane to carry *one* of the ingredients - and they would somehow meet and assemble the bomb.

Looks like all passengers will have to be re-screened a second time by security before boarding the plane. Either that or the airports will not allow the sale of anything after the first security screening.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 05:32 PM

[i]
From what I understand, it would take 4 islamofascists on each plane to carry *one* of the ingredients - and they would somehow meet and assemble the bomb.
Peroxide I read.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 05:33 PM

I made a factually accurate statement that this was being planned, not executed, and for the past four hours you've gone ballistic in about a dozen posts about it... and yet I'm knee-jerking.
And you know damned well it's stupid to expect anyone to stop a plot while it's being executed, or dangerously close to being executed. No one is trying to build any suspense for you, they're trying to stop terrorists from killing people.

And wait, I thought the Florida threat was very serious. Al Gonzales said that it was planned to be "greater than 9/11" and involved a "full ground war" against the US. Are you telling me that's not true now?
What flights were canceled? What major airlines shut down ALL of their flights out of any major city on the day the plot was broken up? What airline rules were changed? What items were people no longer allowed to carry on?

Sure, Florida was serious, but it was stopped well in advance of being carried out. Obviously this threat was much farther along, and the extreme reactions of airlines, states, governments, etc. is clearly much more elevated.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 05:40 PM

Crash you've admitted that you believe the plot was taking place today, and Doofy said "8/10... related to 9/11?"

But you're right, it was horribly wrong and just all liberal and stuff for me to point out that the authorities haven't claimed that they stopped a terrorist action taking place today, and instead have said they stopped it in the planning stages, and don't know when it was to be executed.
http://www.itv.com/news/index_aca944...af693d636.html

It is thought an attack was imminent and could possibly have been mounted within a couple of days.
That's from the other main news network in the UK.

In UK government -> news network codespeak, that means "today, but let's not frighten the proles by letting them think we almost didn't catch it".
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
http://www.itv.com/news/index_aca944...af693d636.html

That's from the other main news network in the UK.

In UK government -> news network codespeak, that means "today, but let's not frighten the proles by letting them think we almost didn't catch it".
Hi Doofy! (and Kevin and Spliffdaddy and PacHead and Simey and Davesinondotcom and Sky Captain and Monique and ebuddy and CRASH HARDDRIVE and MacNStein and whoever else I missed. )

I heard there was to be a 'dry' run test but the question is always whether to allow them to get that close to the actual operation EVEN if you think it's just a test run.

Think about it. If you were a terrorist and wanted to make sure you built-in another level of operational safeguards, you might give every indication that the REAL terror attack was only going to be a test.

Then, if the police didn't stop you...

boom

War is guile.
( Last edited by mojo2; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:58 PM. )
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
Hi Doofy!
Hey Moj babes!

Originally Posted by mojo2
I heard there was to be a 'dry' run test but the question is always whether to allow them to get that close to the actual operation EVEN if you think it's just a test run.
I don't know. I've never heard of this particular type of terrorist doing a dry run. I mean, if they're there on the dry run and everything's going sweetly, why not just detonate right there and then?

I'm still not convinced that this whole this is legit (like I said, I don't trust Bliar as far as I can throw him - this whole thing is a little too close to our home secretary's speech about having to lose our civil liberties). But if it is legit, it would have been imminent - security tactics dictate that you wait until very near to the event in order to get *all* of the perps coming out of the woodwork.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 06:44 PM

Personal angle on the story - today my wife is flying from Bozeman, MT to Louisville, KY by way of Minneapolis.

Yeah, the same Bozeman, MT that the Egyptian students failed to show up to. But they aren't terrorists. Wink wink.

Anyway, woke up to this news and Amy had to re-pack to get all of the liquids out of her carry on. Now, this is a woman who sells Body Shop at Home products so she has LOTS of liquids - body butters, lip balm, lip gloss, hand lotion, etc.

We got to the airport two and a half hours early, very small lines, went pretty fast to get her checked in and such. But it really underlined the new measures for us, since neither of us has flown since 9/11. (I have a phobia - had a bad experience, hate to fly.)

I was more than happy for them to take liquids from everyone. I mean, it makes sense, if they can be combined to make a big BOOM, let's not let them on the plane. Duh.

Amy is one of the few on board with liquids in her carry-on though. She's got MS and requires injections of Copaxone, so she took her meds with her. She had to show a letter from her doctor and a prescription, of course.

It makes me think, though. How long will it be before a "diabetic" terrorist comes on board with "insulin" prescribed by Dr. Mohammad Jihad? These guys find the weakness and exploit it. It's what they do.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 06:48 PM

And you know damned well it's stupid to expect anyone to stop a plot while it's being executed, or dangerously close to being executed. No one is trying to build any suspense for you, they're trying to stop terrorists from killing people.
Richard Reid, the shoe bomber, was stopped as he was lighting the match to set off the bomb in his shoe on an airplane. But that can never happen, because crash is arguing on the internet!
What flights were canceled? What major airlines shut down ALL of their flights out of any major city on the day the plot was broken up? What airline rules were changed? What items were people no longer allowed to carry on?
So our government was lying to us about how serious it was? "Greater than 9/11" they said, "full ground war on America!" But this one this time really is serious?

Sure, Florida was serious, but it was stopped well in advance of being carried out. Obviously this threat was much farther along, and the extreme reactions of airlines, states, governments, etc. is clearly much more elevated.
So you're saying florida was serious, but this was "a step above" that one, perhaps? As I stated in my original post that broke your patella?

Jeezus crash. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post pointing out that this plot was stopped in the planning stage rather than the execution stage. That is a true statement and it wasn't at all clear from listening to the media frenzy today. Why don't we debate something actually substantive, like what policies best address this, or how droopy Hillary Clinton's boobs really are.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 06:54 PM

Great. So now no one will be able to play their MP3 players or use a laptop on planes because some bunch of dickwad extremists figured out how to make one into a bomb, but let's everyone whine at Bush for being the one taking everyone's freedoms away.
The good news is, if the trend goes on, to travel by plane, we may have to strip naked and buy new clothes on arrival.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Captain
Total appeasement.
Wrong.

Under the Talibans, Afghanistan was the greatest importer of pron. True.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
Wrong.

Under the Talibans, Afghanistan was the greatest importer of pron. True.
I never heard of that before, those savage bastards had even banned all non Islamic music.
The biggest importer of pron compared to what ? What kind of pron ? Goat pron ?

The savage barbarian bastards would hit girls with sticks (their morality police) if they showed too much ankle. I have a hard time believing your claim.

LINK?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Hey Moj babes!

I don't know. I've never heard of this particular type of terrorist doing a dry run. I mean, if they're there on the dry run and everything's going sweetly, why not just detonate right there and then?
Claim: Actor James Woods observed and reported four hijackers making a trial run on an airline flight before the September 11 terrorist attacks on America.

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2001]

James Woods apparantly was on the same flight from Logan to LA a week prior and reported seeing individuals in first class that were taking notes and doing a dry run.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/woods.htm
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:05 PM

Does anyone want to call this an unrelated incident? Not ALL Muslims want to become jihadists.
True. These relative few seem to be all we can handle.

2 Muslims held on terror charges in Ohio
600 phones, $11,000 in cash, airplane passenger lists, and locations of Wal-Mart stores.

The phones provide a ready means of communication which, once discarded and replaced, are hard to trace. They also can provide ready cash -- by being sold to drug dealers and others who also don't want to be traced. Chips from inside the phones can also be taken out and used as bomb detonators. The airplane passenger lists are an ominous touch; Susan Vessels doesn't have to say what they're for -- it's obvious. Locations of Wal-Mart stores could involve planned attacks or simply an easy resource for finding those phones and other supplies. "2 held on terror charges in Ohio," from AP:

MARIETTA, Ohio - Two men were charged Wednesday with money laundering in support of terrorism after authorities said they found airplane passenger lists and information on airport security checkpoints in their car.
Deputies stopped Osama Sabhi Abulhassan, 20, and Ali Houssaiky, 20, both of Dearborn, Mich., on a traffic violation Tuesday. They found the flight documents along with $11,000 cash and 12 phones in the car, said Washington County Sheriff Larry Mincks.

Prosecutor Susan Vessels declined to say how the phones, cash or flight information involved terrorism.

Abulhassan and Houssaiky admitted buying about 600 phones in recent months at stores in southeast Ohio, said sheriff's Maj. John Winstanley. The men said they sold the phones to someone in Dearborn, a Detroit suburb.

Investigators going through the car after the pair were pulled over in Marietta, about 90 miles southeast of Columbus, also found a map that showed locations of Wal-Mart stores from Ohio through Kentucky, Tennessee and into North and South Carolina, Vessels said....

The charges allege the two laundered between $5,000 and $25,000, Vessels said. A conviction carries a maximum 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine.
Coincidence?

pinktank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2006, 07:07 PM

"It makes me think, though. How long will it be before a "diabetic" terrorist comes on board with "insulin" prescribed by Dr. Mohammad Jihad? These guys find the weakness and exploit it. It's what they do."
I think this is going a bit too phobic, not to mention racist, this too "
those savage bastards had even banned all non Islamic music.".
It's not as if they're doing anything all that different from "some" other larger governments.

I even think that this plot thing could be a total fake to make Israel look more credible by showing a more "savage" middle-east.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
Personal angle on the story - today my wife is flying from Bozeman, MT to Louisville, KY by way of Minneapolis.

Yeah, the same Bozeman, MT that the Egyptian students failed to show up to. But they aren't terrorists. Wink wink.

Anyway, woke up to this news and Amy had to re-pack to get all of the liquids out of her carry on. Now, this is a woman who sells Body Shop at Home products so she has LOTS of liquids - body butters, lip balm, lip gloss, hand lotion, etc.

We got to the airport two and a half hours early, very small lines, went pretty fast to get her checked in and such. But it really underlined the new measures for us, since neither of us has flown since 9/11. (I have a phobia - had a bad experience, hate to fly.)

I was more than happy for them to take liquids from everyone. I mean, it makes sense, if they can be combined to make a big BOOM, let's not let them on the plane. Duh.

Amy is one of the few on board with liquids in her carry-on though. She's got MS and requires injections of Copaxone, so she took her meds with her. She had to show a letter from her doctor and a prescription, of course.

It makes me think, though. How long will it be before a "diabetic" terrorist comes on board with "insulin" prescribed by Dr. Mohammad Jihad? These guys find the weakness and exploit it. It's what they do.
My best wishes to your wife and her loving husband.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by pinktank

I think this is going a bit too phobic, not to mention racist, this too "those savage bastards had even banned all non Islamic music.".
Yeah, please forgive me, the Taliban are nice people (and protecters of OBL) and a fine example for all human beings to follow (for the savagely inclined).

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:14 PM

"It makes me think, though. How long will it be before a "diabetic" terrorist comes on board with "insulin" prescribed by Dr. Mohammad Jihad? These guys find the weakness and exploit it. It's what they do."

I think this is going a bit too phobic, not to mention racist, this too "those savage bastards had even banned all non Islamic music.".

It's not as if they're doing anything all that different from "some" other larger governments.

I even think that this plot thing could be a total fake to make Israel look more credible by showing a more "savage" middle-east.
In my experience the only people who express your point of view have been those who have been exposed to Middle East propaganda and media manipulation for an extended period of time. It's no wonder folks who have been so exposed suspect every news report and try to find a hidden agenda behind every event.

When you have a generally un-educated population which has been subjected to lies, mistruths and manipulation in the media trying to make sense of the news it comes out looking crazy.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 07:15 PM

You would think that, do you think that 9-11 was fake or not committed by Muslims also ? Nobody needs to fake anything to show a more "savage" mideast.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 07:23 PM

I never heard of that before, those savage bastards had even banned all non Islamic music.
The biggest importer of pron compared to what ? What kind of pron ? Goat pron ?

The savage barbarian bastards would hit girls with sticks (their morality police) if they showed too much ankle. I have a hard time believing your claim.

LINK?
I don't see why I should give you that. I hardly believe you're real anyway, so why would I make an effort to feed you facts when you can't even have the glimmer of empathy for people who have done nothing to you?

You trash all Muslims, yet some of them are in the Marines and defend proudly the U.S., its laws, its culture, its pluralism (the very thing that allows you to be who you are). You advocate murder on a massive scale, undiscriminated murder, no questions asked, with a perpetual lunatic "thumbs up".

No one has shown any support for terrorism to a large scale but you, since this is exactly what you promote on a daily basis.
No one is advocating against an action against terrorism, like you, except that yours is twisted and sick.

Whoever disagrees with you is a Liberal. Sadly, this is true, and that is quite a concern to me.

Pachead, I sincerily believe that if there ever is a day where all Muslims would be eradicated from Earth, your next target will be another group. The Chinese? The Latinos? Then the Jews, certainly.

But you see Pachead, I don't feel so concerned about you, for there is freedom of speech, and there is no law preventing a$$holes to fart and spill $hit. What concerns me is that you are allowed to say all those things and barely anyone from the so-called "Right" argues against you.

It's either that, or are you are playing jokes on us. Either way, you are a sad clown.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 07:27 PM

I don't see why I should give you that.
Haha, you made a strange claim and now you won't back it up. If you back it up with a legitimate link, then I'll believe you and I'll admit that I was unaware of that. Unlike Liberals, I will admit when I'm wrong. Otherwise, your claim remains false.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2006, 07:27 PM

Richard Reid, the shoe bomber, was stopped as he was lighting the match to set off the bomb in his shoe on an airplane. But that can never happen, because crash is arguing on the internet!
So again, you IMAGINED that this would be the standard way of stopping terrorists? "Let's wait until they're on the plane, with match in hand ready to detonate the device... then have the stewardess stop them!"

Richard Reid was a guy who should never have gotten near an airplane in the first place. He slipped through security rather than being caught beforehand. Policy DID change after he was foiled. Had he been caught before trying to pull his stunt, people like you would be here telling everyone it was nothing, claiming it was just racism, and claiming the big bad government or whoever lied to us all about the threat he presented to anyone on any airplane. The same way you're now downplaying the foiled Florida plot.

So our government was lying to us about how serious it was? "Greater than 9/11" they said, "full ground war on America!" But this one this time really is serious?
Nice dodge of the questions! So what airlines canceled their entire flight scheduel out of certain cities? What rules were changed? What items were banned on flights?

Jeezus crash. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post pointing out that this plot was stopped in the planning stage rather than the execution stage.
It just came off as the usual liberal attempts to downplay any and all terrorist threats, rather than have to admit you've been 100% wrong about the threat of terrorism for years.

PacHead
Baninated
Aug 10, 2006, 07:35 PM

It just came off as the usual liberal attempts to downplay any and all terrorist threats, rather than have to admit you've been 100% wrong about the threat of terrorism for years.
That's because Liberals are more concerned with the rabid chipmunk problem than with rabid Muslim terrorists.

Posted by Wiskedjak:
What's your solution to the rabid chipmunk problem?

That was his reply to this question:

... let's hear your solution to the Islamofascist terrorist problem.

Liberals need to stay out of power for the next 3 or 4 decades at least.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 07:45 PM

I don't see why I should give you that. I hardly believe you're real anyway, so why would I make an effort to feed you facts when you can't even have the glimmer of empathy for people who have done nothing to you?

You trash all Muslims, yet some of them are in the Marines and defend proudly the U.S., its laws, its culture, its pluralism (the very thing that allows you to be who you are). You advocate murder on a massive scale, undiscriminated murder, no questions asked, with a perpetual lunatic "thumbs up".

No one has shown any support for terrorism to a large scale but you, since this is exactly what you promote on a daily basis.
No one is advocating against an action against terrorism, like you, except that yours is twisted and sick.

Whoever disagrees with you is a Liberal. Sadly, this is true, and that is quite a concern to me.

Pachead, I sincerily believe that if there ever is a day where all Muslims would be eradicated from Earth, your next target will be another group. The Chinese? The Latinos? Then the Jews, certainly.

But you see Pachead, I don't feel so concerned about you, for there is freedom of speech, and there is no law preventing a$$holes to fart and spill $hit. What concerns me is that you are allowed to say all those things and barely anyone from the so-called "Right" argues against you.

It's either that, or are you are playing jokes on us. Either way, you are a sad clown.
The problem here is that ever since I signed on to MacNN PacHead has been consistent in his warnings about radical Islam. Even when I doubted him and argued against him he has remained constant. (I even suggested that he might one day read the Koran or visit a Mosque or something. A concept I laugh at now. )

Over time I wisened up. He has been right a lot more often than not. And I think time and events have made PacHead look like a friggin Nostradamus!

Why would I speak out against him when tomorrow I might discover he was right, yet AGAIN!

Just as you might have allies who are more liberal and some who are less liberal I have allies who are liberal and I have allies who are conservative. PacHead just happens to be CONSERVATIVE.

And on the matter that poses the greatest threat to the U.S. PacHead is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

We don't agree on solutions necessarily, but at least I know he wants to do what's best to conserve and preserve and protect America, Democracy and freedom.

I'd take one PacHead over a hundred Cindy Sheehan fans.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 07:45 PM

I'd be more worried about Dell Laptops.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 07:47 PM

Liberals need to stay out of power for the next 3 or 4 decades at least.
How do you fight a war without any money?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

villalobos
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 07:54 PM

nvm
( Last edited by villalobos; Aug 10, 2006 at 10:08 PM. )

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 08:18 PM

Pakistani intelligence helped foil bombing plot

The arrests were carried out with the help of the Pakistani intelligence service, which had been working closely with MI5 and Scotland Yard to foil the alleged plot. Many of those detained were said to hold dual British and Pakistani nationality and are believed to have travelled to Pakistan frequently.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...306811,00.html

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 11, 2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by itai195
I was about to post something very similar to this, but I suspect you weren't being sarcastic.
That is correct sir.
The democrat socialist left would rather toss away our entire American culture, way of life and become subserviants to a wackjob religion then resist the demands of "extremeist" muslims.

The word islam does mean "peace". It also means submission.

Robert A.M. Stephens
Aug 11, 2006, 10:02 AM

There is something odd about how whenever there's evidence of terrorism, the conservatives and Republicans here on MacNN get a hard on. Why they hate America I don't know. They sure love using terrorism as politics though, don't they?
Typical radical left UK thinking..............

Trying to invoke flaming from the Yanks.

Islam: The Abolition.
Have Jeep, Have Mac, Have Heart, Will Travel

Robert A.M. Stephens
Aug 11, 2006, 10:23 AM

I think this is going a bit too phobic, not to mention racist, this too "

I cautiously suggest you may need to read the Quran, cheesedick.
Have Jeep, Have Mac, Have Heart, Will Travel

Forum Links
Forum Rules