Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mac OS 9 drivers for HP Deskjet 656c

Mac OS 9 drivers for HP Deskjet 656c
karambos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2004, 09:52 AM

I've bought a second hand Deskjet 656c from HP and it's supposed to come with a Mac driver only mine didn't. To cut a long story short, HP no longer offer Mac drivers to download and I found this:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/4506

which I installed.
The problem is this - after installation an new icon appeared in the Chooser which is good. Normally, when you click on an icon in the chooser, you get a list of all avaiable printers that are connected and communicating with that driver. Well, with his particular icon, I don't. Which is bad.

However, the computer can "see" the printer because when I try sharing it over the network, it gives me the exact printer name in the share list. When I unplug the USB cable, the printer name disappears and when I plug it in again it reappears so the computer can definately see the printer.

Why can't I select the printer in the chooser? Is it an extentions conflict?
all the fun of
The Fair

storer
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2004, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by karambos:
I've bought a second hand Deskjet 656c from HP and it's supposed to come with a Mac driver only mine didn't. To cut a long story short, HP no longer offer Mac drivers to download and I found this:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/4506
?
I have drivers for the mac in HP Deskjet 640c.

karambos  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2004, 04:14 AM

hi, are they for OS9? If yes, I'm willing to give them a try. I'll wait for your reply and then PM you my eamil address, if that's okay.

Thankyou.
all the fun of
The Fair

Forum Links
Forum Rules