Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Getting MobileMe software update for Leopard

Getting MobileMe software update for Leopard
Person Man
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2008, 11:05 AM

Anyone else notice something strange about getting the MobileMe update to show up in the Software Update panel on Leopard? I had to do the following on all three of my Macs before it would appear.

1. Open the .Mac preference pane. Wait a minute or two.
2. A dialog box appeared, saying ".Mac is now MobileMe..." and gives you the option of going to Software Update.
3. Going to Software Update then showed the MobileMe 1.1 update.

If I went to Software Update before visiting the .Mac preference pane and getting the dialog box, the update didn't appear. But as soon as I visited .Mac and got the dialog box, I could then download the update.

Does this strike anyone else as odd? Could others who haven't yet found the update in their Software Update try the above steps and see if it works for them?

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2008, 11:24 AM

It may have just started happening today as well.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2008, 11:27 AM

I had the same experience as the OP. I guess the OS hadn't really tried to contact .mac in any way on its own before I went to the pref pane.

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2008, 12:47 PM

Its a well documented problem mentioned in more than a few posts already. One of my Macs saw both updates as soon as they were available. My other mac stubbornly refused regardless of what I tried. I ended up downloading and installing the update manually, and now all seems to be working as expected.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules