Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Save Window Size - Preview.app 10.6

Save Window Size - Preview.app 10.6
cgc
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2011, 09:22 AM

I'm using OSX 10.6.8 and every time I open a .pdf in Preview.app it opens in a window using about half the screen. I'd like it to open at max size but can't find anything via Bing, in Preview's help or menus, or in MacPilot 4. Is it possible to have Preview open at full size or somehow specify the size/location of its window? Thanks.

Thorzdad
Aug 27, 2011, 09:59 AM

In Preview's preferences, under the PDF section, I have it set to...
Initial document scale: Use scale of 100%
Define 100% scale as: Size on screen equals size on printout

That gives me PDF display at actual size, which, of course, will mean having to scroll to view the whole thing. If you just want the pdf to fit the screen, I think setting Document Scale to "Size to fit" will do that.

cgc  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks but that didn't do it, still filling about half the screen and the Preview window isn't even pinned to to top left of the screen...kind of offset by 10 pixels. Annoying and not practical. Maybe I'll trash Preview and use Skim.

Forum Links
Forum Rules