Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Homefront

Homefront
gradient
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2012, 02:45 PM

I was bored on Sunday afternoon so downloaded this from XBL. I knew that the single player campaign was going to be short but I blew through it in 3 hours. What a POS game this was, too. It looked more like 3 years old with sub-par graphics, and gameplay mechanics were pathetic. What a waste of $30.... shame on me.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 4, 2012, 02:49 PM

We could have told you this. Somewhere in the archives the first one lays dormant, seething with the rage of their disastrous online debut.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 4, 2012, 03:01 PM

Single-player was about as mediocre as they come, played for about 30 minutes when the servers were down at launch and that was certainly enough.

Multi had a lot going for it, except the utterly borked matchmaking which proved to be its demise.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 4, 2012, 03:02 PM

But hey, hiding in dead bodies!

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2012, 04:14 PM

Ya, I really should have read a couple reviews of this dog and pony show before hitting 'buy'. Boredom turns my brain to mush, though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 4, 2012, 04:17 PM

Impulse buy gone wrong.

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Impulse buy gone wrong.
Yep, though at least it didn't leave as bad a taste in my mouth as this horrendous crap.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2012, 01:14 PM

Like Halo Reach, you don't buy Homefront for the Single Player, you buy it for the Multiplayer. Like the others said, the game showed promise, it introduced recon and attack drones first (Homefront came out before MW3 and Battlefield 3), made vehicles easy to use, and had a decent unlock system. Unfortunately, since it was the first release for that franchise, the graphics weren't up to snuff, the initial release had problems with servers (just like MW3 and BF3), and it was hard to get 16 people on at the same time (which was one of the achievements). It needed some polish. Hopefully Homefront 2 will be more polished.

I did have fun with the multiplayer, though. Shooting down helicopters and tanks with the Rhino was alot of fun. I even bought the first MP DLC, but I had finished the game before the second DLC came, which I didn't buy.

I wonder how it did in sales. I have a guy on my Friend's list that's goiing through the game now. It looks like he's halfway through the single player. He seems to be going for all 3 achievements per mission plus the other objective type achievements.

By the way, I think pretty much everyone here bought it when it came out.... everyone except me, also sold it within 2, maybe 3 weeks... So I wouldn't feel bad about the impulse buy.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules