Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > MacNN Deals: Pamper your ears with these audio accessories

MacNN Deals: Pamper your ears with these audio accessories
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jan 21, 2016, 11:00 AM

Every day, alongside our regular Daily Deals post, we are showcasing some of the offers available from our own MacNN Deals store. Today's selection are all audio accessories to help get the most out of your music, including a way to convert some wired headphones into Bluetooth versions, some Bluetooth speakers, and some in-ear headphones made from wood.

First, if you have a pair of wired headphones with a detachable cable, you might want to look at the BTunes Bluetooth Headphone Adapter. This unit plugs directly into your headset and can connect to two devices at the same time via Bluetooth, with it also including a hands-free mode and up to ten hours of battery life. Available in standard 3.5mm and an alternative 2.5mm version, you can get this $99 add-on for $69 with free shipping, but the deal runs out tonight.

If you want your music to be a little more public, but your smartphone's speaker is not up to the task, consider the Soundfreaq Pocket Kick Bluetooth Speaker. Using custom-engineered drivers and a passive radiator, this unit has a ten-hour quick-charging battery, touch button controls, and a speakerphone mode. Available in multiple colors, it is down from $100 to $47 with free shipping for six days.

Want a Bluetooth speaker but with more refinement? The Grain Audio PWS Bluetooth Speaker has a walnut enclosure containing a sound processor developed by Grammy award-winning technicians and a patented bass isolation system for a full, natural sound. Offering eight hours of playtime, it connects over Bluetooth 3.0 with APT-X and AAC technology, and comes with its own carrying pouch. For the next two days, you can pick up this high-class speaker for $249.

Lastly, pamper your ears with some unusual earphones. The XTC In-Ear Genuine Wood Headphones claim to use wood as a durable material that will help the earphones last longer than normal, while also enhancing the sound and providing high-quality noise isolation. Supplied with a nylon black cable with a mic for calls, these earphones are available for less than half price at $24 with free shipping, with the offer running for seven more days.

tehwoz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2016, 12:25 PM

You won't be "pampering" your ears with a Bluetooth device -- you will just be radiating your ears -- like popcorn in a microwave. Get wired. Stay safe.

unicast reversepath
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by tehwoz View Post
You won't be "pampering" your ears with a Bluetooth device -- you will just be radiating your ears -- like popcorn in a microwave. Get wired. Stay safe.
Oh Noes - say its not true!!!
If you have Ghosts, you have Everything!

Steve Wilkinson
Senior User
Jan 22, 2016, 02:07 PM

@ tehwoz -

I'm hoping it's too low power to cause problems, but it certainly seems to be where things are going. And, since we're only starting to get a slight clue about epigenetics, the idea that it is safe is far from being proven.
------
Steve Wilkinson
Web designer | Christian apologist
cgWerks | TilledSoil.org

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jan 22, 2016, 03:57 PM

I don't buy it. Not enough energy, not any scatter to speak of, reduced to NSBE with effectively no shielding.

Steve Wilkinson
Senior User
Jan 22, 2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Wuerthele View Post
I don't buy it. Not enough energy, not any scatter to speak of, reduced to NSBE with effectively no shielding.
Mike, the problem is that we don't know the epigenetic effects. Yes, the power and such is probably too low to directly cause damage or genetic mutation, etc. But, that doesn't mean there isn't an impact on gene expression.

Again, I hope not, as if that's the case, we're probably also in trouble from a number of other sources of electro-magnetic radiation. But, we currently just don't know. So, it would probably be a good idea (IMO) to at least reduce such stuff until we do. (For example, I don't sleep with a cell phone on the night stand, at least not in 'Airplane mode' or even have a traditional alarm clock there. It doesn't negatively impact me, so why not?) But, I do sometimes use a BT headset, as I'm unable to listen to podcasts while I'm working around the house any other way. I'd like that not to be the case, but I haven't found another good solution yet.
------
Steve Wilkinson
Web designer | Christian apologist
cgWerks | TilledSoil.org

Forum Links
Forum Rules