Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > future macbook... with free ipod?

future macbook... with free ipod?
idykenano
Forum Regular
Jan 9, 2008, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I thought I'd give it a shot. This summer/early next fall I will be buying a Macbook for school/work/pleasure. My girlfriend has been oogling the ipod touches since they were released, but the price tag is a bit much for a college student's budget.
Does Apple routinely offer the free ipod/rebate with a purchase of a new mac during the summer or was that just this last summer? Also, was it simply a free 4gb nano or can it be used as credit towards another model? (ipod touch being the target).

Cletus989
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2008, 02:31 PM

They offer it right before a new ipod model comes out. So when ever you see a free ipod touch with purchase of computer then you know a new ipod touch is coming out. They usually do the cheaper nano so I doubt you will see free touch with a computer

tripletaker
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 03:00 PM

I think you pay for the Nano upfront and then they mail you a check later for the amount of the Nano. I think the price was $150. So you can actually buy any iPod you want. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 9, 2008, 04:35 PM

Tripletaker's memory is correct. You pay for the iPod and then get a rebate check later (after you submit the paperwork). This allows you do go bigger than the lower end iPod they advertise-you just get a rebate for the cost of the one they advertise and wind up eating the difference. I did that with my iMac last August, getting a 30GB Video iPod (just before they discontinued them and went to 80 and 160GB models of course).

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules