Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [Update] SmoothStripes and Aqua Extreme for Tiger

[Update] SmoothStripes and Aqua Extreme for Tiger (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:37 PM

Dryden no one ever said you were being a jerk at first. It wasn't until I told you it wasn't the installer that you started getting pissy.

But yes, you did insist it was the installer.

I don't care if you didn't experience a problem. I did, I wrote up what it was to inform the guy who created the installer
Oh jeez. What does an installer do? It installs. What does it install? I'll let you think about that for a moment.
Well, duh. I'm talking about this installer, too. It's cause me a bit of hassle
And when I came and told you it wasn't the installer, you started being a jerk to me, telling me I had no clue what I was talking about, and how you had all this knowledge.

So when I asked you to explain to us how it was the installers fault, just like I usually tell the SS people when they say it hosed their system (It's usually not SS's fault) you got all hostile and pissy.

Then I asked you again, and you then backpedaled and acted like you had no clue how such things worked, but you would take a look at it later.

And now you are just spazzing throwing out personal attacks like a 2 year old.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
Dryden no one ever said you were being a jerk. But yes, you did insist it was the installer.

Oh god. Now you're back-peddling. What a laugh. Look at what I said, I said it happened after the installer had ran, and it did. In no way can you construe that I said the installer, as a process, was to blame. It's what the installer did that concerned me. Christ, It's why I pointed out to you what an installer does! It installs software, meaning, something that had changed during the install (what it installed) had done something to the system).

Are you so desperate now that you're willing to go back and re-invent your argument?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dryden
I'm sorry, you lost the right to be treated nicely long ago.
Long ago? How long ago? It's only been what an hour?
It is pathetic, and I'm regretting even getting involved with you, and looks like others are too.
Yes, other persons that just starting posting here saying something about the installer.
Also, you were not being helpful. I asked you to contribute in a helpful manner, but all you did was carry on your "thing".
No, I helped you in telling you the problem wasn't the installer. That should have made you go look and find out what other problems it may be.

Instead, you spazzed out.

Still waiting for that explanation on how it was the installer that caused the fault.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 03:44 PM

Oh god. Now you're back-peddling. What a laugh. Look at what I said, I said it happened after the installer had ran, and it did. In no way can you construe that I said the installer was, as a process, was to blame.
Go read your posts Dryden. I quoted you saying just that. Nothing needed construed.

If you didn't think the installer was at fault, why did you tell me you'd check it out, tell Max, and inform the forum?

Talk about back-peddling.

It's what the installer did that concerned me. Christ, It's why I pointed out to you what an installer does!
Yes because I had no idea what it did.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:49 PM

Instead, you spazzed out.
Jeezus. How you forget. You friggin laughed at my misfortune right from the start, in your very first reply. No wonder I got my back up. You then proceeded to be accusatory in your remarks to me.

You were never helpful, not once. Then you revealed how all along you assumed I was a troll and you waited for the moment to make it known. Then you went on about how you were annoyed about my simple remark on using the guikit. You can't be helpful all the while you have al little agenda going on about me being a troll.

Get a grip, and go away.
Still waiting for t

Waiting for it? For what? What the **** do I need to show you? Are you the guy behind the theme? What friggin good is it to give you my logs and thoughts on this? Remember, your install went fine. You're about as much use as stick in the eye.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 03:53 PM

Go read your posts Dryden. I quoted you saying just that. Nothing needed construed.

If you didn't think the installer was at fault, why did you tell me you'd check it out, tell Max, and inform the forum?

Really, what are you smoking? You quoted me by saying " But yes, you did insist it was the installer." If you mean by installer that what is installed caused the issue, then yes, that's my whole bloody point. If you mean the actuall install program, then friggin get a grip. You're being pedantic then.

My whole damn point has been that un-installing it is when the issue arose. Jeez.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:00 PM

bOOzo, I sent you a PM with what I think might be wrong, and what is happening.

Thanks again.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:08 PM

Just want to apologise to bOOzo and others for the way this thread veered into this amazingly bizzare situation.
Hope it gets back on topic now.

cgc
Professional Poster
May 15, 2005, 04:36 PM

Funny how this type of discussion happens all the time online. Dryden had a problem and when Zimphire tried to help him Dryden snapped and became beligerent. I'm sure you both know exactly what you're doing and are very adept with Macs and computers in general. Dryden may have some weird combination of things that led his system to choke the install. I too have hosed my system, it sucks, but life goes on. Reinstall and learn from it. Neither of you should have let this go on for so long. Let it go.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by cgc
Funny how this type of discussion happens all the time online. Dryden had a problem and when Zimphire tried to help him Dryden snapped and became beligerent. I'm sure you both know exactly what you're doing and are very adept with Macs and computers in general. Dryden may have some weird combination of things that led his system to choke the install. I too have hosed my system, it sucks, but life goes on. Reinstall and learn from it. Neither of you should have let this go on for so long. Let it go.

You are joking, aren't you? Did you even read his initial reply to me? Is that what you call helpful? To laugh, and mock someone from the get go? To offer no help at all, but to be like that? To then go from insult to assumptions, accusations.

Gimme a break. Most people I know would get their back up at such an inflammatory reply, everything I said after his initial post was expected.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:41 PM

Here's a reminder of his reply:
"Man oh man that was funny.

BTW I just tried this 10 times in a row. Not a problem.

There is nothing wrong with said installer Max used. It's the one Apple itself uses.

If you hosed your system, you did something wrong"

Now tell me. Is that a helpful reply?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by cgc

Also, if you read my damn original post, you'd have seen that I said I was going to poke around first, then re-install. At no point did I put all the blame on the theme, I damn well went out my way to say I didn't know if it was. I also didn't intend to let this run, but I won't let jerks like Zim speak to me like that. I am none too bothered by the screw up with the theme, but I thought it decent of me to at least let others know what I encountered.

Jeez, what a place.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 04:47 PM

Jeezus. How you forget. You friggin laughed at my misfortune right from the start,
It wasn't your misfortune I was laughing at. But ok.
No wonder I got my back up.
You got your back up?
You then proceeded to be accusatory in your remarks to me.
Accusatory? The only thing I have accused you of is blaming the installer. Which you did indeed do.
You were never helpful, not once. Then you revealed how all along you assumed I was a troll and you waited for the moment to make it known. Then you went on about how you were annoyed about my simple remark on using the guikit.
I said I was annoyed? When did I say that? Are you making things up now?
You can't be helpful all the while you have al little agenda going on about me being a troll.
What Agenda is that?
Waiting for it? For what? What the **** do I need to show you? Are you the guy behind the theme? What friggin good is it to give you my logs and thoughts on this? Remember, your install went fine.
Wait, you claimed you would post said information in the forum. Now you wont?

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by cgc
Funny how this type of discussion happens all the time online. Dryden had a problem and when Zimphire tried to help him Dryden snapped and became beligerent.
It's just like this in every forum. Someone comes in, and their system is hosed. They automatically blame whatever they were running at the time on the fault. Without really knowing the problem. This causes FUD.

That is what I was laughing about when I read his post.

And he got bent out of shape because of it.

Maybe Dry doesn't realize what kind of havoc such baseless accusations cause. but I do.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:55 PM

It wasn't your misfortune I was laughing at. But ok.

You got your back up?

Accusatory? The only thing I have accused you of is blaming the installer. Which you did indeed do.

You are unreal. Friggin' unreal. Save your grandstanding for those who care, I don't. Do you forget your little spiel on assuming I was a troll, something about SS, and what was it again? Ah yes, me being "transparent" (you never did explain that).

Look, we can do this all day, you can back-peddle as to what you really meant by your comments originally, but to me, you just look foolish. Keep on moving the goalposts, seems to be your tactic.

As to the installer, jeez, what was your answer to that? Oh yeah, you had checked all the files in it and it was ok. Uh huh.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 04:57 PM

It's just like this in every forum. Someone comes in, and their system is hosed. They automatically blame whatever they were running at the time on the fault. Without really knowing the problem. This causes FUD.

That is what I was laughing about when I read his post.

And he got bent out of shape because of it.

Maybe Dry doesn't realize what kind of havoc such baseless accusations cause. but I do.

That's your problem, you assumed I blamed the installer when I made it clear in my first post that it might not have been. That the installer was the natural choice at this moment since it happened right after it. Get your facts straight, ok? You're the only one taking an absolute stand on what it must be, oh no, it's definitely not what the installer did.

Keep on moving those posts.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 05:01 PM

You are unreal. Friggin' unreal. Save your grandstanding for those who care, I don't.
No one is gradnstanding. You are being silly again.
Do you forget your little spiel on assuming I was a troll, something about SS, and what was it again? Ah yes, me being "transparent" (you never did explain that).
No, nothing about SS. See, we have lots of trolls in here that come in, scream that some software borked their system, and how it stinks. (Not saying you said it stinks before you put words in my mouth again.) When someone offers that maybe it might not be said software, but something screwy with a computer, esp since it seems to be working for most other people, said troll usually gets outraged like you did.

THAT is what I was referring to.

I have no problems with people using SS. It's a great application.
Look, we can do this all day, you can back-peddle as to what you really meant by your comments originally, but to me, you just look foolish. Keep on moving the goalposts, seems to be your tactic.
Backpeddle? What are you talking about? What are you going on about now?
As to the installer, jeez, what was your answer to that? Oh yeah, you had checked al the files in it and it was ok. Uh huh.
I surely did. After I tried it 10x. Those installers aren't too complicated ya know.

You can even reverse engineer them.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 05:05 PM

That's your problem, you assumed I blamed the installer when I made it clear in my first post that it might not have been.
No, in your first post you claimed you didn't know what it was, then said "I wish I would have used the gui.kit"

Then went on to blame the installer. Go back and look at the quotes I posted.

Better yet, I will post them again.

I don't care if you didn't experience a problem. I did, I wrote up what it was to inform the guy who created the installer

Oh jeez. What does an installer do? It installs. What does it install? I'll let you think about that for a moment.

[b]Well, duh. I'm talking about this installer, too. It's cause me a bit of hassle
Remember those? I guess you weren't blaming the installer then eh?

If you didn't mean it that way, you need to find a better choice of words.
That the installer was the natural choice at this moment since it happened right after it. Get your facts straight, ok? You're the only one taking an absolute stand on what it must be, oh no, it's definitely not what the installer did.
Oh wow, now you are admitting you choose to blame the installer.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:05 PM

No one is gradnstanding. You are being silly again.

No, nothing about SS. See, we have lots of trolls in here that come in, scream that some software borked their system, and how it stinks. (Not saying you said it stinks before you put words in my mouth again.) When someone offers that maybe it might not be said software, but something screwy with a computer, esp since it seems to be working for most other people, said troll usually gets outraged like you did.

THAT is what I was referring to.

Ok, now i know you're just being an idiot. Your weaving a very nice little web for yourself here. Nothing about SS? You know what? I'm not going to bother going in circles with you, I've repeated myself too much here. All you do is throw out some opinions, pretend you never meant to say that, then deny you did, then it's the other person who did.

You need help, plus a dictionary.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:08 PM

Oh wow, now you are admitting you choose to blame the installer.

Are you insane? I have said continuously that what the installer did might be to blame. It's what I friggin posted about right from the start. You started your pedantic nonsense that it couldn't have been, I corrected you way back what an installer does and how it could be to blame. I never friggin said it wasn't the installer by your definition of it.

Do you honestly pick and choose what to read?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:11 PM

Look, I don't know what your game is, but give it a rest. If you get a girly thrill from twisting and meandering arguments to suit your warped mind, up to you.

RevEvs
Mac Elite
May 15, 2005, 05:13 PM

How about:

and

have fun....
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by RevEvs
How about:

and

have fun....
I'm not getting into a PM with a schoolkid. I've reported him to the mods twice now, hope they do something to stop his games here.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:18 PM

No, in your first post you claimed you didn't know what it was, then said "I wish I would have used the gui.kit"

I didn't explicitly blame anything, I have been saying it could be this or that. My first post even mentioned when exactly the problem happened, right after the install. There it is, the mention of the installer, right from the start you friggin goose. After that you went into a semantic argument over what an installer was, in which i corrected your feeble grasp of it. It looks like in all that you decided to read into it, that it must be entirely the installer I am blaming.

get a grip, pumpkin chic.

kennethmac2000
Senior User
May 15, 2005, 05:21 PM

I'm not getting into a PM with a schoolkid. I've reported him to the mods twice now, hope they do something to stop his games here.
How can you be really sure this person is a schoolkid?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by kennethmac2000

You can't, but it's insulting enough to make me happy for the moment. That, and he continually spells the word "paid" as "payed". Annoying.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:23 PM

I see you're in Edinburgh. Me too.

cgc
Professional Poster
May 15, 2005, 05:28 PM

Hey, how bout that theme Max hooked us up with ???

Hey Dryden, you said you emailed Max and told him how to fix it, does this mean you have fixed your system or is it sill tango-uniform?

kennethmac2000
Senior User
May 15, 2005, 05:33 PM

I see you're in Edinburgh. Me too.
Ah yes. Whereabouts?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by cgc
Hey, how bout that theme Max hooked us up with ???

Hey Dryden, you said you emailed Max and told him how to fix it, does this mean you have fixed your system or is it sill tango-uniform?

Nooo, not to fix it, but perhaps a hint as to what went wrong. It might still be my machine, but I don't know. The loginwindow and securityagent were crashing as they loaded up.

I'll do a re-install, no biggie.

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:38 PM

Ah yes. Whereabouts?

I'm in Leith, but moving soon. How about you?

kennethmac2000
Senior User
May 15, 2005, 05:45 PM

I'm in Leith, but moving soon. How about you?
In Corstorphine. The most middle class part of Edinburgh according to BBC News.

You in IT for a living?

Dryden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 05:53 PM

In Corstorphine. The most middle class part of Edinburgh according to BBC News.
lol, least it's fairly peaceful where you are. On a weekend morning here, it's like Dawn of the Dead as I try to battle my way through the alkies still roaming the streets from the night before.

You in IT for a living?
Yeah, used to work for an oil company, but now in a more relaxed place. Mostly managing Windows networks, but recently got a few XServes in, nice to use Macs in the workplace.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
May 15, 2005, 06:03 PM

What do 95% of posts in this thread have in common with with SS or AE?

Nothing.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
May 15, 2005, 06:20 PM

Wahoo, another classic Zimbore thread in which he tries to set the agenda with his wriggling and squirming. Just picture a banjo pluckin' manchild on the internet and you can rest easy.

Nice theme, btw. I'm using the smoothstripes one. Did you change the progress bars? Looks good.
sanathana sarathi
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

sofamystic
May 15, 2005, 06:53 PM

just tried the installer on my sister's ibook and it works fine so it must be my powerbook- thank God the installers okay... but heard somewhere that it was safer than SS so wanted to use it first....

Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve.
I wear mine underneath my right pant leg,
strapped to my boot.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 07:02 PM

Ok, now i know you're just being an idiot.
I am being proved right with each post you make like this.
Your weaving a very nice little web for yourself here.
I am not weaving anything.
Nothing about SS? You know what? I'm not going to bother going in circles with you,
Then please stop, it's getting annoying.
I've repeated myself too much here.
Repeated, and contradicted yourself in the same post even.
All you do is throw out some opinions, pretend you never meant to say that, then deny you did, then it's the other person who did.
Please quote me where I have done this.
You need help, plus a dictionary.
Oh come on, now you are just being popmous
I'm not getting into a PM with a schoolkid.
Schoolkid? Heck if it makes you feel better seeing me as a schoolkid, Go on with your bad self.
I've reported him to the mods twice now, hope they do something to stop his games here.
You know, seeing that you were personally attacking me with silliness, I know exactly what they will say. You were doing it too. Stop whining.

And rightfully so.

One thing I have learned about the mods in here is, you cannot flame for half a thread, then get pissing and start reporting people. The mods will say you asked for it by your actions.

But hey. we will see.
Nooo, not to fix it, but perhaps a hint as to what went wrong. It might still be my machine, but I don't know. The loginwindow and securityagent were crashing as they loaded up.

I'll do a re-install, no biggie.
You really don't have to do a reinstall if that is the case. But go ahead.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by SubGeniux
Nice theme, btw. I'm using the smoothstripes one. Did you change the progress bars? Looks good.
Yeah he made them flatter it seems.

It does look better. Max did a wonderful job on everything.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
May 15, 2005, 07:04 PM

You really don't have to do a reinstall if that is the case. But go ahead.
I'll bite. Rise to the challenge, oh god-like one. Adorn us with your mystical knowledge and tell us why he does not need to re-install.

Go on, I dare ya.
sanathana sarathi

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by sofamystic
but heard somewhere that it was safer than SS so wanted to use it first....
Not any safer or less safe than SS. They are pretty much the same safe wise.

Just depends on your personal opinion. Having options is a good thing.

I am just glad someone coded something like SS so themers have the ability to make the themes in their head, and not be held back by Apple limitations.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 07:14 PM

I prefer SS. It smells better.

Still waiting, Zimphire...
sanathana sarathi

sofamystic
May 15, 2005, 07:21 PM

Not any safer or less safe than SS. They are pretty much the same safe wise.

Just depends on your personal opinion. Having options is a good thing.

I am just glad someone coded something like SS so themers have the ability to make the themes in their head, and not be held back by Apple limitations.
i was joking. but point taken, and i agree 100 % that choice is a good thing and i love SS cos it allows gui artists to do just what you said and i get to use their wonderful (sometimes) themes. Thanks Max for sharing. have a sweet rest of your Sunday, all.
ciao.
Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve.
I wear mine underneath my right pant leg,
strapped to my boot.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 07:33 PM

I am being proved right with each post you make like this.

I am not weaving anything.

To be frank, you have been your usual self here. Drydin has been straight down the line from what I can see. Yeah it looks like he got pissed off at you, who wouldn't? I think you decided to get on your high horse about his comment on GUIkits, and spun yourself out of control.

I award this thread to Jesus, I mean Drydin.

Edit - Still waiting, Zimphire.
sanathana sarathi

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 07:56 PM

I'll bite. Rise to the challenge, oh god-like one. Adorn us with your mystical knowledge and tell us why he does not need to re-install.

Go on, I dare ya.
Ever try booting into a OS 9 CD, and replacing said files he believes is the culprit?

That is what I would do. But ok.

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 07:58 PM

To be frank, you have been your usual self here. Drydin has been straight down the line from what I can see.
Sub, you have a chip on your shoulder about me before this. I wouldn't expect anything different. And no, he hasn't been straight down the line. Go back and read the thread please.
Yeah it looks like he got pissed off at you, who wouldn't? I think you decided to get on your high horse about his comment on GUIkits, and spun yourself out of control.
I have no high horse to get on. This is no different than say someone coming into this forum, claiming Tiger screwed up their system and it was trash. They would get made fun of as well. And you know it.
Edit - Still waiting, Zimphire.
Man you are impatient. I've been working over-time today.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2005, 08:07 PM

This thread makes me laugh. Hard.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 08:07 PM

Ever try booting into a OS 9 CD, and replacing said files he believes is the culprit?

That is what I would do. But ok.
What files do you replace? He already mentioned he replaced the extras.rsrc. He also said he would attempt a fix; so I'm assuming, since he's a dev. he tried a number of methods.

He mentioned two services that were crashing, but the problem remained elusive. Should he replace his whole /System/Library? Or just Coreservices? How will he transfer these onto the busted Mac?

I'm only asking because you said this "You really don't have to do a reinstall if that is the case. But go ahead. " Now, that's a bit different to saying something like "What's the situation with your Mac? Perhaps you might fix it by replacing certain files".

So, perhaps a re-install is the only answer. Certainly seems like it by the sound of things.
sanathana sarathi

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 08:11 PM

Sub, you have a chip on your shoulder about me before this. I wouldn't expect anything different. And no, he hasn't been straight down the line. Go back and read the thread please.

I have no high horse to get on. This is no different than say someone coming into this forum, claiming Tiger screwed up their system and it was trash. They would get made fun of as well. And you know it.

Man you are impatient. I've been working over-time today.

I certainly do have a (not sexual) thing about you and how you interact with other members. Especially when someone is just new, made a fairly non-threatening post, and you act the crazy man with him. He did nothing wrong, IMO, but you went loopy on him.

I think you were out of order, and you should be made to do more overtime if it keeps you from here.
sanathana sarathi

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by ManOfSteal

Makes me just hard.
sanathana sarathi

Zimphire
Baninated
May 15, 2005, 08:15 PM

What files do you replace? He already mentioned he replaced the extras.rsrc. He also said he would attempt a fix; so I'm assuming, since he's a dev. he tried a number of methods.
Sub if it isn't the files, then it wasn't the installer that messed up. As the installer only touches those files.

The ONLY reason that would happen is if said files were corrupt.

What you don't know Sub, I used to do this very thing. I used to theme, swap files, do the installer thing back even before ThemePark or SS was even thought of. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first people to ever put out a full non-Aqua varient theme. This was as OS X 10.0 came out, Sosumi was done. Took lots of haxoring to accomplish that.

Now, I am not trying to toot my own horn, but I can pretty much guess from his description, if it even happened like he said it did, that one of the files must have corrupted somehow. Now, how that happened is beyond me..

I am not a programmer, just a graphics monkey.

But I do know about swapping graphic resources for themes in and out of OS X and what causes systems not booting up when such things do happen. As I have had many years experience doing such things.
He mentioned two services that were crashing, but the problem remained elusive. Should he replace his whole /System/Library? Or just Coreservices? How will he transfer these onto the busted Mac?
He said this "The loginwindow and securityagent were crashing as they loaded up. "

Which makes me believe that maybe the Login window PDF that it replaced may be corrupted, and swaping said file would fix it .
I'm only asking because you said this "You really don't have to do a reinstall if that is the case. But go ahead. " Now, that's a bit different to saying something like "What's the situation with your Mac? Perhaps you might fix it by replacing certain files".

So, perhaps a re-install is the only answer. Certainly seems like it by the sound of things.
I've been doing it since pre-Public Beta days. Not once did I have to reinstall the OS. And a few times my OS did the same thing as he described.

But ok.

Originally Posted by ManOfSteal
Have you peed your pants yet? I almost did. Shhh!

Forum Links
Forum Rules