Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New G4's -- Post BTO Shipping Status Here

New G4's -- Post BTO Shipping Status Here (Page 5)
Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2001, 02:05 PM

SkiBikeSki, I hope you get yours next week and I hope mine ships next week. It's a dual ordered 7/18.

machine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2001, 03:29 PM

I know this question should be in peripherals, but I didn't get any response there.
Is the free Lexmark printer any good? The paper feed tray is broken on mine and I don't think I'm even going to hook it up unless the printer is any good. So, is this printer worth keeping? I have an Epson Stylus 800 now.

Hoping my dualie arrives next week,
machine

BlazeWeb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2001, 04:11 PM

I ordered an 867 without the Superdrive on 8/10. They are saying 4 to 6 weeks...we'll see.

I'm hearing that there are problems with the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX TwinView cards and some of the larger Sony monitors? Possibly even the Apple Cinema Display...anyone received one of these and had problems?

Hydra
Senior User
Aug 11, 2001, 04:31 PM

I ordered my Dual 800 on 7/18 right after the keynote and as of the middle of last week Apple apparently put a "precharge" on my credit card much like others have been stating. A call to the Apple Store and the very nice lady told me it looks like it will ship by the middle of next week. I hope she's right.

I have a dual 800, 40GB HD, 128MB ram(I already have the new IBM Deskstar 60GXp and 512MB DIMM to go into it) and GF3 with the education discount. I have my new 17 inch Studio LCD waiting as well.

About that Lexmark printer: I recently bought a Compaq Duron 800 for my office (forgive me for the PEECEE purchase but I need it in my practice) and they threw in a free Compaq printer which is really a re-badged cheapo Lexmark. It looked so cheap and cheezy that I almost put it back in the box and threw it in a storage closet. Well to make a short story long I hooked it up and tried it out and was shocked at the near laser quality text. It blows away the text from my old Epson 740 and even shames my newer Photo 875DC when it comes to text. I actually plan on using the one that I got free with my new G4 solely for text and the like and this will save me the expensive inks from my epson. Even if you only get 400 pages till the inks run dry with the Lexmark and never use it again, that'll save you a few bucks in ink costs so use it.

Jerry C.

kwiersma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2001, 09:41 PM

SkiBikeSki I feel your pain. I just called the Apple Education store and found out that my order (an 867/CD-RW/GeForce3/Zip) was going to ship by the end of next week. I order my system on 7/21 so I was getting anxious with all these posts about 867 BTOs shipping.

So hopefully the wait for you and I and many on this forums is close to an end!

--KW

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2001, 11:49 PM

The wait for the dual-800's is quite unbearable... I haven't been able to concentrate on anything else since I put the order in. I bet I access the order history page more than any other page on the net.

Hopefully they will ship next week...

Now I can understand all the complaining about the delays on the 733s in February/March.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

fabz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2001, 02:10 AM

Leonard, you don't have to tell me about waiting for the Dual 800. I have been surfing the web and checking my mails my ThinkPad 560. I want my Mac DP

MorseRJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2001, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by kwiersma:
<STRONG>SkiBikeSki I feel your pain. I just called the Apple Education store and found out that my order (an 867/CD-RW/GeForce3/Zip) was going to ship by the end of next week. I order my system on 7/21 so I was getting anxious with all these posts about 867 BTOs shipping.

So hopefully the wait for you and I and many on this forums is close to an end!

--KW</STRONG>
You are getting anxious after ordering your 867 on the 21? Ha! I ordered my 867 from the education store on the 18th, and my machine has not shipped yet! I am more anxious than all of you
Anyway, I feel your pain too

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: MorseRJ ]

SkiBikeSki
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2001, 04:07 AM

Thanx for "feeling my pain" everyone. I said it before and I'll asy it again. i think the 80GB hard disk is holding up my order. squidward has his 80GB ship, but he got his order in very early, and i bet apple ran out of them right after his machine shipped. I know the gf3 is in good supple since a 733+gf3 takes only a few days. But a 733+80GB takes 15-20 days. Not good! All i can do is hope that the one person out of 10 apple reps was correct and my computer will ship on monday.
-- SBS --

<MasAgua>
Aug 12, 2001, 12:44 PM

I can also feel the pain... I placed my Apple Educational Store 867 MHz Quicksilver order on the 18th and still no word on shipping. I did have an awesome experience yesterday at the Apple Store in the Mall of America, though!! This was my first time using OS X and actually seeing QuickSilver in person. The 867 is VERY fast, and it's an absolutely gorgeous machine. (They didn't have any dual 800's out, but I think they had a small supply in the storage room for those who wanted one...) The 867 I was using had 256 megs of RAM and it seemed quite usable to me running 10.0.4, even in Classic with Adobe GoLive running. I can't wait!

The store was busy ALL day and just the "macness" of the entire place was amazing. The iBooks were going like hotcakes, and I even saw a desktop or two being rolled out. The staff was very friendly and the machines were all running without a flaw. Quite the experience - if you ever have the chance to visit an Apple Store, GO!!

Richard5mith
Aug 12, 2001, 06:42 PM

Ordered my 867 on Thursday night (9th Aug), without Superdrive, only 40gb HD, but with GeForce3 and Airport card. All from the Apple UK online store. They said 20 day estimated build time.

Shipped yesterday, just two days later (11th Aug).

Which, if my calculations are correct, means I should get it on Tuesday the 14th. Hopefully.

Now that's service.
http://www.allapple.com - all apple, all the time

blakespot
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 10:00 AM

Complaining about using a ThinkPad to surf the web?? How about this:

outside --&gt; http://www.blakespot.com/list/images/i-opener.jpg
inside --&gt; http://www.blakespot.com/list/images/imod2_big.jpg

...it's a laptop that's not. (Shipped with proprietary OS (QNX variant) on it, but I hacked it and installed Win98 and a HD to put it on, so I can use it as a conduit through which I move files from my (old, now sold, G3 400) to my Compaq iPAQ handheld.)

200MHz WinChip2 (did add 128MB tho), 10" screen. Fairly painful coming from my (now sold) Mac w/ dual head (19" and 17") running OS X. Can't wait for my dual-800 to arrive.

blakespot
iPodHacks.com -- http://www.ipodhacks.com

Nyuni
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 10:08 AM

Finally, the wait has paid off...

My QS 867 Arrived today, in all it's glory. Man, you just can't beat the feeling of opening a new Apple Hardware box.

Just to recap, I ordered mine on 7/18 minutes after the store went online with Superdrive/128mb/60gig/GeForce 3. It was shipped roughly a week ago today.

Now I just need to get out of work to go home and play!!
The Quintessential Featherhead.

blakespot
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 12:47 PM

GET READY! I just called the Apple Store (by phone) to check the status of my order:

G4 dual 800
GeForce 3
Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
128MB RAM
40GB (slow) HD
Zip 250

...which I orderd on-line, using an iMac in the Apple Store, Tysons Corner, moments after the new machines were updated in the on-line Apple Store on 7/18 (saw keynote there). The guy said:

"Looks like...(pause) Looks like your machine should be shipping this week. Can I confirm your e-mail address? (do so) You should be getting a tracking number when that goes out, sometime this week."

ALRIGHT!

blakespot

dymanohum
Aug 13, 2001, 01:06 PM

I got the 60gig hd and superdrive but the same as the rest of yours and was told this morning that my dual will ship wednesday!!

Originally posted by blakespot:
<STRONG>

GET READY! I just called the Apple Store (by phone) to check the status of my order:

G4 dual 800
GeForce 3
Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
128MB RAM
40GB (slow) HD
Zip 250

...which I orderd on-line, using an iMac in the Apple Store, Tysons Corner, moments after the new machines were updated in the on-line Apple Store on 7/18 (saw keynote there). The guy said:

"Looks like...(pause) Looks like your machine should be shipping this week. Can I confirm your e-mail address? (do so) You should be getting a tracking number when that goes out, sometime this week."

ALRIGHT!

blakespot</STRONG>

Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 01:28 PM

I hope the Apple store is right this time. If I could only upgrade my shipping from ground to 3 day. The weeks wait will just about kill me. Of course I've been waiting a month since the order, and longer than that since I sold my Pismo and have been using an iMac DV as my main machine.

Osirisis
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2001, 01:38 PM

Guess we're talking late this week early to mid next week for those of us who ordered late

What can I say I waited until the 21st... Had to make sure I could take on those Apple Loan payments

This is exciting. I wemt into MicroCenter over the weekend and got a hands on look / feel for the 867... The covers actually look pretty good on the Quicksilvers... Got a look inside also... That's one big heatsink RAM and crads look very easy to access... Here's hoping the Crucial RAM I bought works...

ficca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 02:09 PM

I ordered my 867 on the 27th through the US education store and am still waiting. 40gig, cdrw. There must be a different que for education buyers, as it seems like the longest wait is for us education buyers. It's a bit unfortunate that apple seems to neglect the education market, to which it owes much of it's life. I guess steve needs to learn how to read a calender, and not make statements he can't keep!

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2001, 02:23 PM

I just called Apple Canada to check on the status of my Dual 800 order. No changes yet - they still stand by the 5-7 weeks. Granted, I only placed my order a week ago so maybe I'm way back in the queue............
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

iamnotmad
Senior User
Aug 13, 2001, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
<STRONG>I just called Apple Canada to check on the status of my Dual 800 order. No changes yet - they still stand by the 5-7 weeks. Granted, I only placed my order a week ago so maybe I'm way back in the queue............</STRONG>
Yeah, I just called a bit ago and got the same thing. As I think it may have been mentioned before, sounds like it totaly depends on who you get on the phone, as to how much information you get.

blakespot
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 02:43 PM

ficca,

What are you whining about? Statements he (Jobs) can't keep?? He said shipping in August. It's now August 13--not quite halfway through the month yet.

What are you whining about?

blakespot

ficca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 03:11 PM

blakespot,

he, Steve Jobs, said shipping immediately for the 733 and 867. Get your facts right!

Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2001, 04:25 PM

Ficca,
You did a BTO so that adds shipping time. You probably were give an estimate of 5-7 weeks (maybe less on the 27th). It's only been 2 1/2 since your order. I know it's frustrating. I'm waiting for my BTO dual 800, and I hope it ships this week.

MrExe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by SkiBikeSki:
<STRONG>Thanx for "feeling my pain" everyone. I said it before and I'll asy it again. i think the 80GB hard disk is holding up my order. squidward has his 80GB ship, but he got his order in very early, and i bet apple ran out of them right after his machine shipped. I know the gf3 is in good supple since a 733+gf3 takes only a few days. But a 733+80GB takes 15-20 days. Not good! All i can do is hope that the one person out of 10 apple reps was correct and my computer will ship on monday. </STRONG>
i ordered my dual 800 on 7-20-01, still waiting, yesterday i called and was told the hold up on the dual 800's was because of the "twin view" graphic cards, they weren't ready, so if you ordered your dual 800 with the twin view graphic card, it might be delayed, just FYI
MrExe

<AI refugeeee>
Aug 13, 2001, 05:43 PM

Bodhi started this thread and is not even promoting the new AI forums which he is a moderator at!

http://www.xsorbit.com/users/flamingo/index.cgi

Fran441, Bodhi, Applenut, MacAddict, Eskimo, Groverat, Kate, MacAgent, MacotheIsles and many more people are over there already... check it out!

Makor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 07:00 PM

Just placed an order for a BTO Dual / 128MB RAM / 60GHD /GeF3 and a 17"LCD
I have 2x256MB CL2-2-2 RAM from OWC sitting in FedEx depot .....and a new desk being built

Order is currently being reviewed
The wait begins

Regards

Makor

SkiBikeSki
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2001, 06:28 PM

Although Apple said it would, my machine did not ship on monday. And it also didn't ship by 5:00 PM tuesday. I am going to call, and be mad, and maybe i'll get some cash back, or i'll be told of upgraded shipping, or some settlement. I hope. And I also hope it'll ship this week.
-- SBS --

<vnvbnvbnn>
Aug 14, 2001, 06:38 PM

Yeah, Apple tends to give free FedEx shipping without blinking an eye if you complain. I've even had them give it to me when I just sounded mildly disappointed. Ask.

Alex

Osirisis
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2001, 06:38 PM

Just heard some great news... I just spoke with a representative at the Apple Store... Checking on software I ordered with my machine and the machine itself... The representative told me that he heard of a dual 800 that shipped today...

I was told to probably expect a shipping date within the next week... Wahey Of course I did get the 5 week from order thing but was told that that was Apple being conservative...

I'm counting the days, hrs, minutes...

<Fusionsaber>
Aug 14, 2001, 07:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I posted some time ago to report the apparent shortage of 867s at Apple. Well, I just thought you'd like to know that mine shipped today. For those of you who are keeping track I ordered mine back on 7/20. It has been a long wait, but worth it.

Power Mac G4
065-2839
867MHz PowerPC G4
065-2873
128MB SDRAM/1 DIMM
065-3001
60GB Ultra ATA-7200rpm
065-2915
No Zip drive
065-2956
SuperDrive
065-2918
NVIDIA GeForce3-64MB DDR SDRAM
065-2976
No Radeon PCI card
065-2348
No Ultra SCSI PCI card
065-1695
No Modem
065-1245
AirPort Card
065-1898
Apple Pro Keyboard
065-3160
Mac OS
065-2837
Country kit Desktop
065-2838
POWER MAC G4 CTO; 1 shipped on 08/14/2001

blakespot
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2001, 07:30 PM

I had called Monday (yesterday) and was told mine would ship sometime this week (dual-800), but called again today and was told that yes, it is near shipping but is not "in process" now and that it should ship next week. He commented that I was one of the first orders, apparently, so I'd be right at the front of the list (7/18).

Varying responses.

blakespot

kwiersma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2001, 07:40 PM

Yesterday my order status changed from "Being Assembled" to "Being Reviewed". This had happen to me once before but was fixed within 12 hours. This time my status had not changed for over 24 hours so I called up the Apple Education Store. Surprisenly I got a human without waiting on hold.

Appearently Apple had screwed up the temp card on my credit card. I call by them to the bank while I was on hold straightened things out. The first lady told me that this billing issues would not effect the production schedule of my machine (867/128/GeForce3/CDRW/SCSI/60GB).

Finally I was told my machine should ship Friday!

--KW

dymanohum
Aug 14, 2001, 09:00 PM

I was told yesterday that my dual would ship wed. of this week...then I called back and was told tues. of next week???? I would have posted sooner but these almost bankrupt boards make thet impossible.

SkiBikeSki
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2001, 10:20 PM

My machine is being boxed as I type this, and is going to ship early tomorrow! They didn't tell me I got upgraded to FedEx, but since that has happened a lot, I bet it will happen to me! I couldn't be more happy... ... well maybe I'll be more happy when it arrives!!
-- SBS --

tyris
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2001, 10:29 PM

My order too has finally shipped.. well all but the CD-R's... I ordered it on the 5th (866Mhz BTO) of August, so it should be here Friday at the latest. Time to get me some RAM

DougAA
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2001, 10:48 PM

Just got the shipping notification for my dual 800 BTO It's an educational order I placed a few hours after the keynote on 7/18. I'm one of the people who had a pending charge placed on his credit card last Wednesday. Here are the specs:

Part Number: Z03W
Product Name: Power Mac G4 B
Options:
065-2023 Ultra SCSI PCI card & cable adapter
065-2837 Mac OS
065-2919 NVIDIA GeForce2 MX w/TwinView (64MB SDRAM)
065-3160 Apple Pro Keyboard
065-3080 56K internal modem
065-2918 Apple SuperDrive
065-3001 128MB SDRAM - 1 DIMM
065-2838 Accessory kit
065-2915 60GB Ultra ATA drive
065-3162 Dual 800MHz PowerPC G4

I'm impressed Apple shipped one day short of four weeks.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: DougAA ]

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2001, 11:35 PM

hmmmm....still no word on my dual 800....but my printer (z53) did show up today......i am going to call again at the end of the week and see if i can get an update.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Tcy125
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 12:46 AM

Yaaahooo I placed my education order for an 867 BTO, 80 gig twinview, zip drive yaada yaada yaada on 7/28 and it shipped today 8/14. I preordered fedex 2 day shipping and didn't expect anything more than that Well before the 4-6 weeks most of us were promised at the time of order So i'm happy. I should have my system thurs or fri.

anybody who asks for more than that is foolish hee hee

good luck folks...and may the force be with you

Apple Rules!!!

<happy g4 owner>
Aug 15, 2001, 07:07 AM

I ordered on 7/18/01. Oddly, they haven't shipped by 17" LCD, even though I requested that they ship the order complete. I'll call them later today to see what is going on.

POWER MAC G4 CTO Z03W $ 2,949.00 1 $ 2,949.00
Power Mac G4 065-2839
867MHz PowerPC G4 065-2873
128MB SDRAM/1 DIMM 065-3001
80GB Ultra ATA-7200rpm 065-2916
No Zip drive 065-2956
SuperDrive 065-2918
NVIDIA GeForce3-64MB DDR SDRAM 065-2976
No Radeon PCI card 065-2348
No Ultra SCSI PCI card 065-1695
56K internal modem 065-3080
No AirPort Card 065-1899
Apple Pro Keyboard 065-3160
Mac OS 065-2837
Country kit Desktop 065-2838

POWER MAC G4 CTO; 1 shipped on 08/14/2001

zcasper
Aug 15, 2001, 08:36 AM

I ordered my 867 (CD-RW, 128meg, 60Gb) on 7/30 and it shipped yesterday via Fedex Ground. I guess Apple is using Fedex Ground instead of UPS these days - I requested the free UPS shipping.

Zach

Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 15, 2001, 09:42 AM

I just called Apple and the Sales rep said my dual 800 (Superdrive, 40GB, 128MB, GF2MX) would ship by the end of this weeks. She said she could see no reason why it wouldn't, it was in the final few stages of production. Hey if it would save them time they could ship the 40GB, 128MB, and GF2MX in a separate box. I'm pulling those in favor of 2 80GBs, 3 512MBs, and a Radeon ($149 from Apple).

ficca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 10:30 AM

I ordered my 867 on 7.27. It shipped yesterday (8.14) via fedex ground!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2001, 10:51 AM

While I was looking around on Apple's website, I noticed that on the US Apple Store site it now offers free ground shipping on items bought now. This offer doesn't appear on the Canadian Apple Store site though. This is probably why Apple doesn't blink when you ask for free Fed-Ex delivery.

Still waiting for my dual-800 bought on 26/07/2001. At least it's good news that someone's dual-800 will be shipping soon.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

BlazeWeb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 10:55 AM

I ordered my 867 BTO on 8/10. They said 4 to 6 weeks.

It shipped last night, 8/14.

WooHoo! Looks like hey are running a BIT ahead of schedule!

giljanus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 01:26 PM

I ordered a BTO 867 on 7/25 - they said 4 to 6 weeks .

I've gotten all the other parts (Speakers, Base Station, 17" LCD, and free printer) .

My CPU with 2 HDs, 512MB mem, SCSI card, Airport card shipped yesterday.

It should get to me by the 21st according to Fedex.

They are ahead of the game.

Thanks Apple,

Gil, 'ng in NYC

Makor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 02:33 PM

I placed an order 2 days(13/8/01) ago for a BTO Dual800 / 128MB RAM / 60GHD /GeF3 and a 17"LCD.

Today i paid a visit to the Web site to find my status had changed from Being Reviewed to Being Assembled

Is that good new ??

Regards

Makor

<Helix>
Aug 15, 2001, 03:09 PM

Ordered 7-25 (867/40/128/GF2/No Modem) and it shipped out at just after 11:00 last night (8-14) Cupertino time. It's coming 2nd day so tommorrow or friday....

blakespot
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 15, 2001, 03:51 PM

Called Apple and was told my unit "will ship within 24-48 hours". My unit is a dual 800 (128/40/combo/GF3/Zip250).

blakespot

Hous68
Aug 15, 2001, 06:04 PM

I ordered a BTO dual 800 on 8/3 through the education store @ apple.com and was quoted with 5-7 weeks delivery time.

I went back to Apple's site today and checked on my configuration and the quoted delivery time was 15 days. The GeForce2 twin-view added another 10 days to the delivery time.

My config via a "new" order:
Power Mac G4 Z03W 15 days Remove $2,865.00 $2,865.00
56K internal modem 065-3080
128MB SDRAM - 1 DIMM 065-3001
Apple Pro Keyboard - U.S. English 065-3160
Accessory kit 065-2838
Ultra SCSI PCI card & cable adapter 065-2023
Mac OS - U.S. English 065-2837
Dual 800MHz PowerPC G4 065-3162
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX - 32MB SDRAM 065-3023
Apple SuperDrive 065-2918
40GB Ultra ATA drive 065-2914

So, it looks like the 800mhz stock has come in and they're shipping them right out. I'm anxious like everyone else.
Peace. Love. MacOSX.

liftemup
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 09:15 PM

Just checked online for order status on my 800DP BTO (128mb, GE 3, Super Drive) - moved to SHIPPED!!! Though no tracking number. Crossing my fingers! I need today - but, I guess I'll need to be patient.

Forum Links
Forum Rules