Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Can't join TeamMacnn

Can't join TeamMacnn
nemesys
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2000, 11:25 PM

I've just downloaded the OS X application, created a new account with handle, email address and password, and started the app manually.

When I saw that everything was working, I went to the TeamMacnn page and tried to join. I was asked for my email address and password, which I entered.

However, when I click "Join", it always returns "Invalid username/password". Does it take a certain time to be registered?

I'd like to become member of the team!

Thanks for any info, pointer or help!

-Laurent.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2000, 01:10 AM

hmm, distressing... and i am stumped...
the only thing i can figure is that the SETI registration DB is not fully updated to reflect your info and therefore does not recognize it when you attempt to join us

please do keep trying... and report back as to your success or failure

nemesys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2000, 02:13 AM

Well, I gave it another try tonight and got the same result. What's wrong? Is it because I haven't completed a single unit yet? I also noticed on the right hand side of the window, where my handle name is displayed, that the computer time is still at 0. However, on the left hand side, I already done over 75% of my first block, with something like 15 hours of computing. Is it normal that the right side doesn't seem to know that I've been crunching for a while? Is it updated only when a block is sent?

Who I should contact to resolve my joining problem?

Thanks!

cwasko
Senior User
Oct 6, 2000, 02:53 AM

Not sure whut is up with the joining problem. I joined when I had 0 units as well. What are you entering for your username? Meaning - are you entering your email or your nickname? It requires the email that you registered with. You could have it send you your password, and if it does not come to the email you thought, then maybe you mis-typed your email.

You are correct about the left and right sides. The right only knows what the left has sent. So, if the left is working, the right has no clue...

Not sure who you should contact, there may be a support channel, but I don't know.

Hope all works out for ya! Cya on the list soon!

nemesys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2000, 04:00 PM

I did try to enter both my handle and my email. I also tried my email and my handle in the password field. BTW, isn't that strange that the password field is in the clear?

I did send a message from their help pages so hopefully, someone will be able to figure it out.

Thanks!

nemesys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2000, 09:35 PM

This is ridiculous! I've sent them 2 messages using thier web form and I haven't received any reply yet, this after over a week now.

Is there someone in charge of SETI@home????

Can anyone here provide me with an email address I could use to request some help? I have now 7 units completed and I still want to be part of TeamMacNN!

Help!!!!!!!

Psych
Oct 17, 2000, 01:23 AM

did u use the password that seti gave you or another... u might try on the join page getting them to send you your password...

nemesys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2000, 05:24 PM

Well, I've tried that and never received a reply. My email address is looking good, though. I typed it when I want to access my stats, and it works fine. I don't know why I'm having those problems, so I wanted to have an email address where I could address my problem and have them resolved, but it looks like a ghost site...

Psych
Oct 18, 2000, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by nemesys:
Well, I've tried that and never received a reply.
Thats strange... I had a similar problem and i received a reply within a few minutes of my request.

Forum Links
Forum Rules