Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help With Destkop in OS X PB

Help With Destkop in OS X PB
mactropolis
Senior User
Nov 10, 2003, 12:20 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to control the default window that is created when clicking the Desktop icon from the Dock using Mac OS X WW Public Beta (2E14)?

Thanks

cpac
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2003, 01:31 AM

sorry can't help - but I'm really curious - WHY?
cpac

Toyin
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 10:31 AM

Not quite sure what you're asking. When I click the Finder icon (or type command-n) I get the same window each time. You need to 'train' the finder to remember the position. The easiest way is to close all finder windows, click the Finder icon (which will pop up a window in your default location; home or computer). Configure the window exactly how you want it and then close the window. Sometimes it doesn't stick the 1st time so try it a few times. The key is if you manipulate a finder window later and close it on your default location that new window will be set as the new default finder window.
-Toyin
13" MBA 1.8ghz i7
"It's all about the rims that ya got, and the rims that ya coulda had"
S.T. 1995

gralem
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2003, 11:18 AM

Don't you actually have to change your mac's system date before you even try to install OSXPB? That OS timed out a long time ago.

---gralem

mactropolis  (op)
Senior User
Nov 10, 2003, 03:32 PM

Yea, the OS may have timed out a long time ago, but I just keep my system time back in or before 2001 and I can contine to use OS X Public Beta forever.

I love OS X PB, and I use it regularly as my primary OS. It does everything I want and is fast + stable.

Give it a try again sometime if you still have the CD.

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by mactropolis:
Yea, the OS may have timed out a long time ago, but I just keep my system time back in or before 2001 and I can contine to use OS X Public Beta forever.

I love OS X PB, and I use it regularly as my primary OS. It does everything I want and is fast + stable.

Why!!!!??!!!

Good lord, are you just that cheap? The public beta completely sucked. It sucked even more than 10.0, which sucked. 10.0.4 was the first usable version of OSX, and even it sucked compared to 10.1 and 10.2.

You know you can get a copy of 10.2 for under $50 if you look around, right?
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2003, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by mactropolis:

So do you live in your original house? Drive your first car still? Have you bought clothes in say the last 10-15 years? Just wondering.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2003, 04:34 PM

LOL.

Just looked up the words frugal and cheap in the dictionary. Saw your picture. You are one ugly sob.

Jim_MDP
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2003, 04:54 PM

Wow.

This is like all the big movies that come out in the fall so they're fresh in the memory when voting for the Oscars.

Mactropolis is going for 'Post of the Year'.

Forum Links
Forum Rules