Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Version control... driving me mad.

Version control... driving me mad.
velodev
Senior User
Feb 12, 2004, 09:29 PM

I'm a switcher. I'll admit it.

However, there's one tool in PC land that I just can't find a replacement and that was Visual SourceSafe. I used it extensively with my designs, wireframes, documents, storyboards, etc. etc.

Version Cue has peaked my interest but it only works with Adobe products and when I code by hand I don't feel like using GoLive, let alone Dreamweaver.

So, I have been reading about CVS but I keep getting the idea that it is either 1) mostly command line and 2) not very good with binaries.

I currently have Version Cue on the powerbook but I thought it would be a great idea to make my PowerMac the central storage. Can't be done...

Wow, does Microsoft finally have one tool that I can't live without?

Help...

gralem
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2004, 11:28 AM

Just bumping this issue back up. I have the exact same question. My presumtion is that someone on this forum designs and uses some sort of source control on the mac. What is the best way to do it. In my mind, it would be integrated into the design app (but I can't find it in photoshop/dw/flash/etc). Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

---gralem

Forum Links
Forum Rules