Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Troubleshooting Airport Extreme

Troubleshooting Airport Extreme
m_brand0
Sep 14, 2003, 06:56 PM

I have an Airport Extreme basestation and the older Airport card in my TiBook. I opened my laptop this morning and there was no Airport reception. I unplugged the basestation for a minute, plugged it back in and it was back up, thankfully.

Is this common with Airport? Should I take this to Apple to see if something is wrong or just let it be?

Thanks!

aaanorton
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2003, 07:16 PM

Well, you might want to check any of the bazillion or so posts here on this exact same subject.
You can try different firmware versions on the AEBS, older and/or newer. If that doesn't work, return the base and buy a cheap, reliable 802.11b router instead, for about 1/4 of the price.

dragonbong
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2003, 10:52 PM

Like he said they're are tons of posts like this here's mine.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...89#post1581789

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 15, 2003, 02:45 PM

The thing to think about is, is this a continuing problem or just a "one-off" situation. If it doesn't happen again, no sweat. If it continues to happen, then you need to worry.

You should also consider that it could be your AirPort card, not your base station, that caused the problem. While a lot of people have no problem at all with it, some folks have a big problem with their computers waking up and not connecting wirelessly. If you have an older card, you may not have the latest software and firmware, which have both been upgraded to improve performance in this kind of situation.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules