Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 9 requires password verification for all store purchases!!

iTunes 9 requires password verification for all store purchases!!
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2009, 05:55 PM

Can someone please help me figure out why it is that iTunes is now requiring that I enter my iTunes password seemingly every day for any new purchases I make, even though I've checked the checkbox to "remember password".

I can't be sure but this behavior either started happening when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, or when I upgraded iTunes to version 9.

I know this must have been addressed on these forums somewhere, but I wasn't able to come up with any thing meaningful when I did some searching for the answer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
-------------------------------------------
Please don't tell me to "search the forums" before posting. I can assure you that I already have!

64stang06
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2009, 01:24 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but I would like to add that I've noticed the same thing with 9.0 and even 9.0.1.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

HenryMelton
Oct 28, 2009, 08:25 PM

I'm seeing the same thing. I chalked it up to my having two computers accessing the iTunes store. One is my Mini that downloads TV shows to my library, and the other is my laptop that I occasionally use for music and podcast downloads. Both are connected via Home Sharing to exchange updates. Since both are on the same account, I speculate that the iTunes store gets confused about which is the preferred download machine.

However, this is all pure guesswork on my part. Another complicating factor is the changing IP number of my machines as the ATT network goes up and down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules