Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Simple (hopefully) iWeb/.Mac question

Simple (hopefully) iWeb/.Mac question
willed
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2006, 06:04 AM

I've got iWeb and a .Mac account. Very seamless etc. However, iWeb publishes to an address (web.mac.com...) which is different to and separate from my old .Mac homepage address (homepage.mac.com...), which is the address I've been using for the last few years and which is on my business cards etc.

How do I get my homepage address to access my iWeb page? Could I put a forwarding page in there? How would I do this? (As you can tell, I have no real idea how these things work behind the iCandy). I basically don't want to have to tell people a new address, while I want to make use of the seamless .Mac publishing offered in iWeb.

Any help much appreciated.

Super Mario
Apr 1, 2006, 07:59 AM

Publish to a folder. Upload the folder to Sites directory.

And in the future go with a good host
( Last edited by Super Mario; Jan 10, 2018 at 04:25 PM. )

Frumpy
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2006, 06:37 PM

So i've never really done web development before. I've signed up for .Mac in the past and I've created a page that used a .Mac address. It was nice, but I'd like to have my own domain name. What are a couple of options for having my own domain name AND using iWeb to maintain it. Do I just register a name with someone like godaddy? Where do I get the web space to be able to publish (like iDisk). I just want to set up a blog and maybe create a podcast at some time in the future. Thanks!
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules