Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17"

17"
yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 6, 2003, 08:28 PM

confirmed. I went to the apple store few hours ago saw a 17 inch on display. Its huge. Any how they said with in a few weeks they should get it. Its just backorderd since like chinese ne w year etc war **** like that. Not just apple but other companys are having that problem to.

Over Achiever
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 6, 2003, 08:38 PM

I don't understand...

Which Apple store are you talking about?

So no units are shipping this week, but in another couple of weeks?
"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you got."

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Over Achiever:
I don't understand...

Which Apple store are you talking about?

So no units are shipping this week, but in another couple of weeks?

I was in the Apple store near me and they told me that next week is hopeful...(Then I got up off of the salesman's neck).

Told him I'd be back next week...

badnewsblair
Senior User
Mar 7, 2003, 12:37 AM

"...(Then I got up off of the salesman's neck).

Told him I'd be back next week..."

Hahahah! Cut through the sales pitches. Scare tactics always work.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

yoyoman  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2003, 02:47 AM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
I was in the Apple store near me and they told me that next week is hopeful...(Then I got up off of the salesman's neck).

Told him I'd be back next week...

well sandiego fashonvally has it on demo and from what i was told most of the stores have the demo and i was told some online retail stors already got them such as macmall etc. They are just trying to get enough in stock so that they can roll them out smooth. then the 15 inch will be upgraded as well with in a month or so. It has been confirmed. so that all the comps have airport extream and bluetooth fire 800 etc.

The Jackalope
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2003, 02:50 AM

Mall of America's Apple store only has a 17" in the window display. The damn thing isn't even turned on though.

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2003, 02:52 AM

Everything you said here has already been predicted elsewhere in these threads.

Except that most stores do not have them on demo. I don't think half the stores even have one on display in the window. It has gotten to the point where cardboard units are on display, and that is just pathetic.

Originally posted by yoyoman:
well sandiego fashonvally has it on demo and from what i was told most of the stores have the demo and i was told some online retail stors already got them such as macmall etc. They are just trying to get enough in stock so that they can roll them out smooth. then the 15 inch will be upgraded as well with in a month or so. It has been confirmed. so that all the comps have airport extream and bluetooth fire 800 etc.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

andybrawer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2003, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by yoyoman:
SD Fashion Valley does not have a demo 17" - they have a non-functioning model rotating in the window.

Forum Links
Forum Rules