Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Address Book and Exchange synch

Address Book and Exchange synch
HyperX
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2006, 11:30 PM

I am pulling my hair here. Trying to download all my contacts from an exchange server (2003) to the address book. I follow the directions, fill in the info, but nothing happens, no errors, no synchs, nothing. Sync logs are empty too. Tried on my wifes new Imac, same thing. Tried with a different (work) exchange server - same thing. Has anyone actually gotten the address book synched up with an exchange serveR?

Also - as a side note, someone noted on one of the sites that the isync should show an exchange icon when adding the exchange info to the apple address book. I dont have that icon. Any help would be great.

--- edit --- after searching apple forums this is a known bug in exchange 2003. Work around was to find the name of your own virtual folder so yor url looks like http://exchangeserver/exchange/username

so all is working... .thanks much
( Last edited by HyperX; Dec 26, 2006 at 12:08 AM. )

andybrawer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2007, 12:38 AM

also pulling my hair out today.

Everytime I try to sync address book with exchange, i get an error "iSync couldn't connect to Exchange - the specified server could not be reached".

But if I copy/paste the url from the address book preferences into a web browser, i get the outlook web access login page.

the url in the preferences also matches that url on my windows mobile phone, that correctly connects to sync contacts (and mail, etc).

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks,

andy

peroyind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2007, 02:44 PM

The same thing happends to me. Mail.app is working fine with exchange, the mail.mailserver.com/exchange page is fine etc.. But it still says "the specified server could not be reached". I even tried with 2 different exchange servers, but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2007, 07:47 PM

Firstly, the OS X Address Book works with Outlook Web Access and requires that OWA be enabled on the server.

andybrawer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2007, 11:59 PM

i understand. OWA is enabled on the server - i can hit the page directly, and my windows smartphone can connect through OWA / Activesync. Thanks for the thought.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2007, 12:24 AM

FWIW, the URL format that works for me in the Address Book prefs field is:

http://OWAurl/exchange/username

Make sure your URL includes an appropriate path, you may need to speak to your Exchange admins about what this might be.

Forum Links
Forum Rules