Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > For business owners, a great book on networking, and a special offer

For business owners, a great book on networking, and a special offer
bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2010, 08:56 PM

I know a lot of us use our Macs to make a living (I certainly do, with my iMac and my MacBook for when I have to go to clients' offices). And I'm sure a lot of us need or want to boost business and and get more clients and customers. I recently bought a great book on networking, "Networking Like a Pro," by the guy dubbed the king of business growth, Ivan Misner. Great tips on all things networking, including strategy, the fundamentals, different places to meet prospects, etc. (I'm currently using it to put together a marketing plan for a new client, so it's just been wonderful.) I already bought it -- and I just found out about this great promotion for this book, that's tied to International Networking Week (which started today, as a matter of fact). It's a limited-time offer -- you get not only the book (for about $15) but also a six-month subscription to all the goodies Misner has at the membership site: networkingnow.com. I'm tempted to buy another copy, just to get the bonus; it's amazing! (Not to mention it's a $70 value, and I do like getting more for my money.) I can give the book to one of my business friends.

Just a heads-up to anyone who's in the situation of needing some guidance, or tips, on how to increase business. Let me know if anyone takes advantage of the offer. And I was just online, looking for some articles on the same topic -- here's one on building networking skills a step at a time. Enjoy all. Hope the info is useful.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 1, 2010, 10:05 PM

This post smells like the other pinkish meat. Would you care to explain why I shouldn't delete it?
Nemo me impune lacesset

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2010, 10:09 PM

Well, you could make humorous substitutions of his words and allow us to act stupid.

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
This post smells like the other pinkish meat. Would you care to explain why I shouldn't delete it?
I'm so tired it took me a while to figure out what "other pinkish meat" referred to.

My apologies -- I've been so focused on business-related stuff recently, and I thought this was such a great offer that I'd pass it on to others. I have some other books I'm perusing on web writing and was thinking about posting about those, too, and ask others for suggestions. But it's been too long a day... I understand if you feel you have to delete it. Just trying to be helpful! I visit lots of book blogs, and the "rules," so to speak, are different there.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 1, 2010, 11:58 PM

Fair enough, as long as you are just passing along information and not doing it for your own profit.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules