Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Shouldn't George's G/F Have Been Pleased He Had Notes?

Shouldn't George's G/F Have Been Pleased He Had Notes?
abe
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 10:00 PM

Shouldn't George's G/F Have Been Pleased He Had Notes?

In watching this ASSMAN/MOVE/FUSILLE JERRY episode of Seinfeld (one of my favorites) I've always thought that George's girlfriend was silly to have gotten upset that he'd have written the notes of how to do "the move" on his hand.

[Back to George and Nancy in bed. George is looking quite pleased with

himself. Nancy, on the other hand, looks...bewildered...pleasantly

surprised...]

Nancy: Wow. That was...*great*. I mean...*wow*.

George: It just came to me.

Nancy: I---I've never in my life have---have I---. What was that?

George: You mean in the end?

Nancy: Uh-huh.

George: A counter-clockwise swirl.

[Spotting something on George's hand]

Nancy: What's that?

George: What?

Nancy: On---on your hand? Let me see what's on your hand.

George: Nothing. I don't know...just a little dirt.

Nancy: Give me that. [grabs his hand] I wanna see what's on your hand.

[They struggle for a bit, but Nancy finally gets a hold of his hand and tries

to make out the scribble]

Nancy: Number one. Take her leg.... Oh, my god! Crib notes? You've got

crib notes?!!

George: It's a very complicated move! I couldn't remember it all.

Nancy: Oh, my god, you're sick. [gets out of bed]

George: You know, it's not the S.A.T.s!
Seinfeld Lists - The Fusille Jerry

In my opinion he cared enough to go the extra step.

What do you think?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 3, 2007, 10:07 PM

Some women are never happy.

Though George messed up by saying "It just came to me" and going over-board by exaggerating (Not being humble.. acting as if he made it up)

Him getting busted was probably karma playing it's turn for such shenanigans.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Some women are never happy.
I KNOW, huh?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Sep 3, 2007, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
What do you think?
Put down the mouse and slowly back away from the keyboard.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2007, 11:11 PM

I'm only up to S6E09, The Secretary. I'll let you know when I get to the Fusilli Jerry.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2007, 11:45 PM

I think I am the only person in the world that absolutely despised Seinfeld. Watching it filled me with seething homicidal rage. Everybody Loves Raymond had the same effect on me, curiously. I understand that this is just my issue, and I've got it on the list for when I finally break down and get some therapy.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 11:48 PM

Seinfeld. Very tempting.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by keekeeree View Post
Put down the mouse and slowly back away from the keyboard.
As if you aren't a habitue!

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by awaspaas View Post
I'm only up to S6E09, The Secretary. I'll let you know when I get to the Fusilli Jerry.
Hurry up. This thread is hot now. It might cool off later.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
I think I am the only person in the world that absolutely despised Seinfeld. Watching it filled me with seething homicidal rage. Everybody Loves Raymond had the same effect on me, curiously. I understand that this is just my issue, and I've got it on the list for when I finally break down and get some therapy.
At the risk of setting off a madman, what made you so angry when you watched the show?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:29 AM

You have my respect and admiration.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 4, 2007, 12:50 AM

George's efforts are always backed up by selfishness, which makes it so much fun to watch him fall on his face.

I used to love Seinfeld for Kramer. Then I loved it for Jerry. Now I love it for George. The character is neurotic, pitiful, and brilliant.

I'm a Seinfeld nut. My wife and I watch it together almost every night.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:56 AM

"I know less about women than anyone in the world."
Vandelay Industries

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by bradoesch View Post
At the risk of setting off a madman, what made you so angry when you watched the show?
I can't really narrow it down to just one thing. I suppose it is that I find Jerry and his humor just aggravating. Never found his stand up that amusing, and it carried over to the show. Plus I wanted George to die an agonizing and protracted death that involves bludgeoning and fire. Just hearing him talk made me wish fervently for his death. Neurotic characters tend to polarize me. Either they are my favorites or I want them to perish horribly. The female (does a quick google) Elaine was just mildly annoying. I suppose Kramer was the least offensive. But, in the interest of fairness, I thought the whole cast should perish. If I am going to indulge my irrational hatreds, might as well do it even handedly. Really, they are a group of people that, if I knew them in person, I would end up yelling at them. A lot. Probably use a bunch of obscenities as well.

Everybody I've talked to about Seinfeld loves the show, and they think I'm insane for hating it. Seems like the very reason I hate the show are the same reasons others really like the show. I'm pretty sure this is just my own little issue that will someday be erased by electroshock.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 01:53 AM

Sublimated anti-semitism? Just kidding.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 4, 2007, 02:51 AM

Seems like the very reason I hate the show are the same reasons others really like the show
You hate the show for it's clever take on everyday situations, great writing and deeply flawed, yet funny characters?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2007, 02:56 AM

Abe, what notes have you thought about writing for yourself (or asking others for advice on) when it comes to women? Was this before or after you were making fart sounds with your armpit?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 06:57 AM

I can't really narrow it down to just one thing. I suppose it is that I find Jerry and his humor just aggravating. Never found his stand up that amusing, and it carried over to the show. Plus I wanted George to die an agonizing and protracted death that involves bludgeoning and fire. Just hearing him talk made me wish fervently for his death. Neurotic characters tend to polarize me. Either they are my favorites or I want them to perish horribly. The female (does a quick google) Elaine was just mildly annoying. I suppose Kramer was the least offensive. But, in the interest of fairness, I thought the whole cast should perish. If I am going to indulge my irrational hatreds, might as well do it even handedly. Really, they are a group of people that, if I knew them in person, I would end up yelling at them. A lot. Probably use a bunch of obscenities as well.

Everybody I've talked to about Seinfeld loves the show, and they think I'm insane for hating it. Seems like the very reason I hate the show are the same reasons others really like the show. I'm pretty sure this is just my own little issue that will someday be erased by electroshock.
Then you might enjoy knowing they were all sentenced to long terms of imprisonment for failing to help a citizen in distress. They were criminally self absorbed.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
"I know less about women than anyone in the world."
"What are you doing?"
"Uh, pleasuring you?"

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
"What are you doing?"
"Uh, pleasuring you?"
Great line, huh?

It always cracks me up!

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2007, 01:37 PM

Rev-O should perhaps watch the George Costanza redemption episode, where it all pays off:

YouTube - George Doing The Opposite

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 4, 2007, 01:42 PM

I really like Seinfeld, but I can't stand Everybody Loves Raymond. It pisses me off.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2007, 01:44 PM

Sorry. Add me to pile of folks that doesn't like the show. I remember laughing at it years ago, but when I scan past it now I can't for the life of me understand why.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I really like Seinfeld, but I can't stand Everybody Loves Raymond. It pisses me off.

[nasal voice]Why? WHY?![/nasal voice]

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
You hate the show for it's clever take on everyday situations, great writing and deeply flawed, yet funny characters?

Yes, but I would phrase it as "...it's sophomoric take on everyday situations, tepid writing and deeply flawed and horribly annoying characters?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules