Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > OK, now I know why there is so much ignorance of Apple

OK, now I know why there is so much ignorance of Apple
davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2006, 12:58 PM

Listening to the radio on the way home from the gym and the half hour news break had this story:

"Apple Computer is reacting to reports of disturbing working conditions in one of their iPod music player factories. Their spokesperson had this to say..."

Cut to spokesperson saying that Apple won't tolerate such things, blah blah... then back to the news guy...

"No word on whether this has anything to do with Bill Gates announcment that he is leaving Microsoft to concentrate on his charity work."
----

His tone didn't imply the two compnanies were competitors, but rather that Microsoft somehow is a controlling partner or owner of Apple.

It was completely non sequitur...
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2006, 02:09 PM

Apple is a mysterious company. Mainly because they are pretty quiet as far as the Press goes other than the iPod. Therefore, there are many people who equate Apple with the iPod and nothing else. Then there are those who are just so ignorant about the Tech world that they make totally ignorant connections like you mentioned above. Sometimes I hear the most idiotic crap coming from "reputable" news sources about Apple. They are obviously Windows drones.

davesimondotcom  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2006, 02:38 PM

Yeah, I just thought it was odd having a news service basically implying Microsoft had something to do with Apple.

But then again, clear back in 1995 when I was working at OfficeMax I had people practically willing to fight me over the fact that Bill Gates "invented the computer."

Ignorance is really easy to find.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2006, 03:35 PM

People are dumb...

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2006, 09:13 PM

I had to tell someone the other day that Bill Gates did not invent the internet, nor does Microsoft make the majority of their money from it.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2006, 09:57 PM

You must know some dumb people.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jun 16, 2006, 11:36 PM

We need a thread to discuss how to deal with such idiocy.

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2006, 12:00 AM

I've just accepted the fact that the majority of people are idiots, and the only way to make money is to cater to them. There is no money in intelligence (didn't Einstain die a poor man?)

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

Forum Links
Forum Rules