Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Kerry's Desperation: What Next?

Kerry's Desperation: What Next?
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 08:05 AM

I saw yesterday that Kerry had actually sunk to an all-time low of trying to scare votes out of people by telling people that the draft is coming back.

Along with his wife, who pronounced that Bush will pull Osama Bin Laden out of his pocket or something.

I thought, "These people are so desperate to win, they'll try to scare people into voting for them. They're desperate."

Even if I was on the fence, seeing someone sink to desperate measures makes me feel sorry for them, not want to vote for them.

So, let's have a prediction thread here...what other desperate measures will Kerry resort to?

Honestly, the draft scare was bottom of the barrel, so I can't imagine anything else. Maybe he'll bring up North Korea invading us?

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Sep 24, 2004, 08:06 AM

'preciate the heads up Cody.

U might wanna open the other thread about it though. Just a thought.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 08:18 AM

Which one?

Sorry, I'm trying to pack crap up, get the house ready for a second hurricane, get the bank account in order, figure out cash resources, food resources, etc. Two hurricanes in one month isn't easy.

Oh, and yeah, I noticed that while Bush was down here right after the hurricane handing out water and supplies in the hot sun, Kerry was nowhere to be seen. In fact, the Miami Herald talks about that this morning and there are a lot of Democrats down there that didn't appreciate it.

I'm surprised that Kerry isn't blaming the hurricanes on Bush.

huxbnw
Sep 24, 2004, 08:53 AM

Kind of like Bush's desperate attempts to convince American voters that things are actually getting better in Iraq, or the insurgency is decreasing in size, or elections are coming, etc. I'll take one of these Kerry despaerate measures any day over the delusional fantasy wasteland that is the current administration's policy.
( Last edited by huxbnw; Sep 24, 2004 at 09:01 AM. )

deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2004, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by huxbnw:
Kind of like Bush's desparate attempts to convince American voters that things are actually getting better in Iraq, or the insurgency is decreasing in size, or elections are coming, etc. I'll take one of these Kerry desparate measures any day over the delusional fantasy wasteland that is the current administration's policy.
Exactly.

Leading Republicans attempt to tie Kerry to undermining war effort

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 09:27 AM

Gimme a freaking break!

That's the funniest thing I've heard all morning:

by deedar
Leading Republicans attempt to tie Kerry to undermining war effort
Kerry undermined HIMSELF with his own back-and-forth crap. The guy is off his meds or something - he can't even remember what he voted for or said half of the time. He's his own worst enemy because he contradicts himself.

Watch aberdeenwriter's iMovie then let's talk.

<shaking head + big grin>

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2004, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:

I'm surprised that Kerry isn't blaming the hurricanes on Bush.
They already are, saying Bush's environmental policies caused them.

They have commercials saying that the black vote will be thrown out.

Nothing but silly lies.

Tereza openly told airzona that they don't matter.

Thanks for the state Tereza.

The democraps are imploding and I'm beyond amused.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 09:34 AM

By the way, the iMovie is all about Kerry...and what he said...and then him contradicting himself...caught redhanded in contradiction after contradiction...there IS truth to the fact that Kerry cannot stay the course on one position. The movie gives specific television soundbytes and calendar dates...it is one of the very best pieces on Kerry I have EVER seen.

huxbnw
Sep 24, 2004, 10:13 AM

What is up with all the Republican babble focusing on stupidity, like Kerry or Bush's conduct in Vietnam, hurricanes, an iMovie, or Kerry's demoralizing effect on the troops? In this election, all one must do is look at two things, Iraq and the economy, to know Bush must go. Republican friends, take a look at reality. Iraq is turning into a huge mess, with no end in sight, no real strategy, and little hope for success. The economy continues to tank, with stagnant job growth, a huge deficit, no fiscal responsibility, and a readjustment of income to benefit the wealthy. Get a clue and stop focusing on the banal. Take a look at reality people!

huxbnw
Sep 24, 2004, 10:25 AM

Great cartoon about the election -- my point exactly.

http://www.msnbc.com/comics/editoria...sFile=jd040924

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 11:57 AM

Take a look at reality people!
Reality is that Kerry changes his positions as the wind blows. The reality is that Kerry cannot run a campaign, and every time there is a shift in the polls, he shuffles his campaign staff. He's now on his third staff configuration in 2 months.

If he can't make decisions that he can stand by, and he can't run an effective campaign, how in the world is he going to run the nation?

During a 1997 debate on CNN's "Crossfire," Sen. John Kerry, now the Democratic presidential nominee, made the case for launching a pre-emptive attack against Iraq.

The U.N. Security Council had just adopted a resolution against Iraq that was watered down at the behest of the French and the Russians. Yet the candidate who now criticizes President Bush for ignoring French and Russian objections to the Iraq war blasted the two countries, claiming that they were compromised by their business dealings with Baghdad.

"We know we can't count on the French. We know we can't count on the Russians," said Mr. Kerry. "We know that Iraq is a danger to the United States, and we reserve the right to take pre-emptive action whenever we feel it's in our national interest."

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2004, 12:02 PM

Ahem.

Can we get a lock on this redundant thread, please?

BG
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Sep 24, 2004, 12:03 PM

Get a clue and stop focusing on the banal.
Wow! Democrats can be so cruel about their candidates.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2004, 12:07 PM

Great cartoon about the election -- my point exactly.

http://www.msnbc.com/comics/editoria...sFile=jd040924
Yep.

Forum Links
Forum Rules