Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Inauguration Speech

Inauguration Speech
Thread Tools
- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 08:04 PM
 

Barack Obama's Inaguration Speech as a tag cloud

So what did everyone think?

Personally I thought it was a great speech. Barack wasn't afraid to send kicks flying to the failed policies of the previous administration and more than hinted at forthcoming common sense policies. I think this will be a fresh breath in America's history, even if most of it will be spent trying to mend what has gone wrong so far.

Of note I particularly enjoyed that he will "restore science to its rightful place" and the acknowledgment of "non-believers" on the heels of Bush's "I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots".

Good job America and good luck!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/us...ext-obama.html

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 08:23 PM
 
Wow, he's just so eloquent.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 08:29 PM
 
Totally awesome. Totally +1.

-t
     
nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Baltimore, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 08:32 PM
 
I didn't watch any of the inauguration (not a huge fan of political theater), but I read the transcript of his speech. Seemed to be pretty much in line with the things he said in his book(s) which is what first attracted me to him as a politician. I just hope the level-headedness and open-mindedness are born out in his performance as President.
     
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 10:31 PM
 
I'll point you at my sig and quietly mouth the words "wire fraud".
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 20, 2009, 11:28 PM
 

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 1999
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 12:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Of note I particularly enjoyed that he will "restore science to its rightful place" and the acknowledgment of "non-believers" on the heels of Bush's "I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots".
Schwarzenegger took a gamble in establishing California as the stem cell research capital of the nation. I'm hoping one of the first executive orders signed by Obama is to lift restrictions on stem cell lines and testing.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 02:41 AM
 
Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
Schwarzenegger took a gamble in establishing California as the stem cell research capital of the nation. I'm hoping one of the first executive orders signed by Obama is to lift restrictions on stem cell lines and testing.
I do have to agree, if we're going to kill off so many unborn children we might as well make their deaths meaningful.

No, I'm not being snarky (not really), just pragmatic. Better to use them than let them sit in a landfill.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 02:45 AM
 
The snarkiness comes from using weasel words like "unborn children".

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 03:33 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
The snarkiness comes from using weasel words like "unborn children".
It's true. No sense in mincing words and sanitizing this s***. If we're going to kill them, at least we can put them to good use.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Sage
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 03:49 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Of note I particularly enjoyed that he will "restore science to its rightful place" and the acknowledgment of "non-believers" on the heels of Bush's "I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots"
I believe those were Bush Sr.’s words, not Bush Jr.
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 04:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I believe those were Bush Sr.’s words, not Bush Jr.
This is true, sorry if my post implied otherwise

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 04:29 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
It's true. No sense in mincing words and sanitizing this s***. If we're going to kill them, at least we can put them to good use.
So are you saying I should save up my unused sperm for a good use?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 05:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
So are you saying I should save up my unused sperm for a good use?
If you're able to "spit out" a fully formed fetus, you should probably hold on to it.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 07:35 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
It's true. No sense in mincing words and sanitizing this s***. If we're going to kill them, at least we can put them to good use.
While I might disagree with your broader point, I appreciate your intellectual honesty in how you explained it. I love it when people cut out the B.S. and just tell it like it is.

As for the speech, I've heard them a million times. As someone else so accurately put it, I"m not into "political theater" and didn't watch or read. WOW...he said partisan things about the past administration and told of how he'd push things to the left. AMAZING. Inspiring.. truly. Whodathunk!?!
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 07:52 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
If you're able to "spit out" a fully formed fetus, you should probably hold on to it.
If a conscious one pops out I'll consider it.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 07:54 AM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
As for the speech, I've heard them a million times. As someone else so accurately put it, I"m not into "political theater" and didn't watch or read. WOW...he said partisan things about the past administration and told of how he'd push things to the left. AMAZING. Inspiring.. truly. Whodathunk!?!
So you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears and go na-na-na? It never cease to amaze me that people will go out of their way to avoid hearing things they don't agree with.

How about listening to it with the words "political theatre" firmly in mind and then cooly and calmly analyse what is being said? I guess it's easier just to stick your head in the sand *shrug*

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: BFE
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:07 AM
 
Obama had the oath memorized and Chief Justice Roberts botched it which threw Obama off.

The next thing you will hear are idiots saying Obama isn't really president because of the botched oath.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).
     
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
So you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears and go na-na-na?
No. I'm just not going to go out of my way to listen. Big difference. Especially since I was already pretty sure what he'd say, and it appears I was right.

I don't watch TV sitcoms for mostly the same reasons.

ps. To clarify, I didn't watch Clinton or either Bush's speeches either. I think the last I saw was Reagan's last.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Jan 21, 2009 at 09:14 AM. )
     
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:36 AM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
I'll point you at my sig and quietly mouth the words "wire fraud".
You'll have to add a number of other infringing aspects to your disclaimer, in addition to 2A infringement. One can not uphold the Constitution and proclaim support for every bankrupting (financially as well as morally) Entitlement under the sun. One cannot uphold the Constitution while promising to deliver to the electorate every single thing they could ever want to get from government. One cannot uphold the Constitution while declaring that one's judicial appointments will be biased toward those who are going to take factors other than textual meaning of the Constitution into account when rendering opinions. One cannot uphold the Constitution while promising an even more biased, intrusive and confiscatory tax burden on the most economically productive Americans. One cannot uphold the Constitution while modeling one's presidency after FDR's, who essentially ripped the Constitution to shreds while attempting to "save us" from the Depression. And many more. But I guess you can't fit all that into one signature line.

On the other hand, there's a small outside chance that most of what we've seen of him politically up to this point is a smoke screen and that his intelligence and pragmatism could actually lead him to doing good as POTUS instead of the evil disguised as good he's promised the public he will do. If he actually rises above the leftist rhetoric that got him elected and crafts policy in accordance with what's truly best for the country and truly in keeping with the Constitution as written, he has the chance to be one of the greatest presidents ever. Most improbable, but still plausible, to be fair.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ
     
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 09:18 AM
 
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
On the other hand, there's a small outside chance that most of what we've seen of him politically up to this point is a smoke screen and that his intelligence and pragmatism could actually lead him to doing good as POTUS instead of the evil disguised as good he's promised the public he will do. If he actually rises above the leftist rhetoric that got him elected and crafts policy in accordance with what's truly best for the country and truly in keeping with the Constitution as written, he has the chance to be one of the greatest presidents ever. Most improbable, but still plausible, to be fair.
I'm 100% on your page. I don't have a lot of hope though on many things, especially when it comes to his insistence that his judicial appointees not actually follow the Constitution, which is what the last President did. I'm pretty sure he means that stuff.
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 10:18 AM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
No. I'm just not going to go out of my way to listen. Big difference. Especially since I was already pretty sure what he'd say, and it appears I was right.
Wilful ignorance as a virtue. Fascinating.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Paco500
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 10:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Wilful ignorance as a virtue. Fascinating.
I don't think he sees it as a virtue- more as a lifestyle.
     
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
 
Willful ignorance of the irrelevant is most certainly a virtue.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 11:35 AM
 
I agree that the political rhetoric of these sorts of events is always quite thick. Me, I like listening to him give speeches of this magnitude because I admire his public speaking and his poetic way of speaking. He could be talking about bunny rabbits and rainbows for all I care, there is still a great beauty to it that generally makes it worth my while, at least for me...
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
 
I was fixed on this inauguration unlike really any other that I can recall. I respect it and acknowledge it for the monumental moment in time that it was. I thought the speech was very well delivered and accomplished all of what I believe he'd have wanted to accomplish with it.

For me it was Aretha y'all! I fear her health, but man she's still got the chops for real!!!

The honeymoon will soon come to an end and now it is on to the scrutiny of leadership, but yesterday? Yesterday was a time to celebrate what we've been through and what we can accomplish. All of us.
ebuddy
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
 
One of my greatest hopes is that more of us can be like ebuddy in his last post in not being 24/7 political partisan animals hoping and wishing for Obama to fail. I'm not making any insinuations about anybody in particular here, but I do think that as a whole we are waayyy too obsessed and wrapped up over the perpetual left/right contest, that we are failing to get **** done that we can actually agree on, or at least be willing to compromise on.

I don't know how far to trust Obama in his promises to find common ground, but he is definitely saying what I want to hear. There is no reason I can see why we can't do any of the following without getting bogged down in the old, classic sort of left/right debates:

- advance research and pursuit of alternate fuels (if not for environmental reasons for geo-political/strategic reasons)

- get the economy back on its feet, somehow, someway. Again, there will be a time for the classic big government/small government, welfare/no welfare sorts of arguments, but right now we have a fire to put out that really has little to do with these old debates

- find ways to provide us with more affordable health care - whatever it takes

- find ways to improve our failing education system

etc.


As far as I'm concerned, we should ALL be rooting for these sorts of things, as few would disagree with the need to make progress here - we merely disagree on the means to do so.
     
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
One of my greatest hopes is that more of us can be like ebuddy in his last post in not being 24/7 political partisan animals hoping and wishing for Obama to fail. I'm not making any insinuations about anybody in particular here, but I do think that as a whole we are waayyy too obsessed and wrapped up over the perpetual left/right contest, that we are failing to get **** done that we can actually agree on, or at least be willing to compromise on.

I don't know how far to trust Obama in his promises to find common ground, but he is definitely saying what I want to hear. There is no reason I can see why we can't do any of the following without getting bogged down in the old, classic sort of left/right debates:

- advance research and pursuit of alternate fuels (if not for environmental reasons for geo-political/strategic reasons)

- get the economy back on its feet, somehow, someway. Again, there will be a time for the classic big government/small government, welfare/no welfare sorts of arguments, but right now we have a fire to put out that really has little to do with these old debates

- find ways to provide us with more affordable health care - whatever it takes

- find ways to improve our failing education system

etc.


As far as I'm concerned, we should ALL be rooting for these sorts of things, as few would disagree with the need to make progress here - we merely disagree on the means to do so.
Standard leftie crap there, Bess.

Seen it happen soooo many times before... ...Lefties whining like piggies and being extremely partisan when their guy isn't in charge and suddenly calling for "unity" when their guy gets in.

As a small example, how do you expect to solve the banking crisis without bringing a standard discussion about left vs right financial philosophy into it? Do you expect us to just accept what your idiots think is the correct way of going about things?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:08 PM
 
Whatever Doofy, this is exactly the sort of stuff that turns me off... I know you have great difficulty seeing or accepting the fact that there are many whiners on the right, that they can be extremely partisan too, and that they will be calling for unity as well. If you want to continue to play the game of score keeping I suppose I can't stop you, although I find it puzzling that for somebody who claims to be a Libertarian that you even bother trying? At the end of the day, all of this score keeping basically amounts to spinning your tires and going nowhere - it is so easy to cloud these arguments, and they serve no real purpose anyway. As long as the US is effectively a two-party system with the separation of powers as we have designed it we need both parties to be active.

In terms of your specific example, it's pretty easy to put aside philosophy by putting together bipartisan focus groups to actually figure out what yields the best results for the greatest number of people, regardless of philosophy. It either works or it doesn't work, philosophy can be virtually irrelevant (and would only cloud this research anyway). Think of this as like a science experiment - you have your facts, your cold hard data, and then you have your moral beliefs and philosophies. The former is what we're interested in.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
One of my greatest hopes is that more of us can be like ebuddy in his last post in not being 24/7 political partisan animals hoping and wishing for Obama to fail.
You know, if you had a track record of bipartisan views, I'd agree.

But since you continuously push a partisan Democratic / Leftist agenda, I don't see how you have any credibility here...

-t
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:20 PM
 
turtle: from the bleeding hearts thread:

Of course the problem with trying to make this place more civil with these sorts of suggestions is that I'm sorry some of my greatest fans will drudge up some history in order to call me a hypocrite. I'm not perfect, but why should we have to be perfect in order for our points to be valid?
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:33 PM
 
Score keeping!!
     
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Whatever Doofy, this is exactly the sort of stuff that turns me off...
And that's the attitude I'm talking about. It didn't turn you off back in October for some reason.

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
If you want to continue to play the game of score keeping I suppose I can't stop you, although I find it puzzling that for somebody who claims to be a Libertarian that you even bother trying?
Who's keeping score? Who's trying? I'm near eidetic - I don't have to try.

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
At the end of the day, all of this score keeping basically amounts to spinning your tires and going nowhere
Again. I ain't keeping score. Why do you keep mentioning it?

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
In terms of your specific example, it's pretty easy to put aside philosophy by putting together bipartisan focus groups to actually figure out what yields the best results for the greatest number of people, regardless of philosophy.
Define "best results".
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 01:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
And that's the attitude I'm talking about. It didn't turn you off back in October for some reason.
Sure it did, it always has and it always will. We all slip from time to time and I may have as well, but what I'm saying here is genuine. I see the polarizing left/right divide as being extremely harmful, so I generally try my best to refrain from adding to the noise without making some sort of logical case.


Define "best results".
You look at what the costs are of doing something one way in terms of the strain something puts on the economy (a consideration which is often overlooked), in terms of not making any change, in terms of making a particular change. You look at the benefactors in terms of their population, and the economic impact of this. You look at what is lost the same way. Everything has a mathematical economic cause and effect sort of relationship. It's only when you bring emotions and philosophy into the picture that things become cloudy.

I know a lot of people think that our philosophies and moral beliefs should shape our legislation (e.g. people who want religion to be a part of politics), but with the economy in particular I saw screw that. This is about pure economics. What should give the moral crowd comfort is that by leaving the poor and people that most care about out in the cold, you are harming the economy in terms of strain and negative economic effect.

We have an amazing trust in the free market, but it's puzzling that this same trust doesn't extend towards the well-being of the population being served by a healthy and balanced economy. You take care of business for the largest number of people in the most optimal way, people are happy.
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Willful ignorance of the irrelevant is most certainly a virtue.
This certainly has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. Kudos.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vacation.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
This has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.
Do you spend your days wondering what Spears/Hilton/Lohan are currently up to?

No?

Then you're wilfully (since the information is but a mouse click away) ignorant of the irrelevant. And better for it.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.
     
- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 08:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Do you spend your days wondering what Spears/Hilton/Lohan are currently up to?

No?

Then you're wilfully (since the information is but a mouse click away) ignorant of the irrelevant. And better for it.
If I claimed to be interested in the shallow life of celebrities I certainly would absorb as much information as possible, even if it disagreed with my views on Britney Spears.

Stupendousman claims to be interested in politics, yet selectively sticks his head in the sand to opposing views. That is wilful ignorance - but not of the irrelevant.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]
     
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 21, 2009, 10:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Stupendousman claims to be interested in politics, yet selectively sticks his head in the sand to opposing views. That is wilful ignorance - but not of the irrelevant.
If you paid as much attention as you claimed, you'd see that my response in regards to the speech had nothing to do with not tolerating or being open to "opposing views". I explained I don't normally partake of this type of "Political Theater" regardless of ideology. I made it clear I hadn't taken the time to listen to one since probably the early 80's, which is when I figured out this sort of stuff is irrelevant in the end.

A good speech does not a good leader make. I know what Obama stands for, I know his record, and I know what he's already said he wants to do - the same as I did with both Bushes and Clinton. Simply listening to it presented in a way that's re-written by third parties in order to make it some almost poetic isn't going to make a bit of difference to ANYTHING. That makes it quite irrelevant, unless you simply enjoy "theater". I like action and Sci-Fi myself.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
turtle: from the bleeding hearts thread:
You can't change the past, but you can change the future.

Unfortunately, you are not doing anything differently than 3 months ago, or 3 weeks ago.

So stop the hypocrisy, then we can talk.

-t
     
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 22, 2009, 12:43 PM
 
I'm doing lots of things differently, turtle777, my obsessions change all the time. My general tactics of virtual anarchy are by definition constantly changing, and my opinions on several rules here have changed as well.

I'm not sure why I'm defending myself though...
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,