Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Keyboard and Mouse Won't Work on PowerPC Mini

Keyboard and Mouse Won't Work on PowerPC Mini
lamar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2007, 03:43 PM

Hi. The other night, I updated the OS on my PowerPC Mac Mini, plus whatever other Apple updates were available (I'm afraid I don't remember which). I then attempted to update my Microsoft Office. Somewhere along the line, the cursor stopped responding to the mouse. Thinking the machine had frozen up, I performed a hard restart. After that, the Mac started up fine, but the cursor won't respond to the mouse. It did respond to the keyboard. Now, however, it has stopped responding to the keyboard, as well.

I have the Mac wired up with a USB KVM switch so that I can share with my Windows PC. I have a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard and Optical Wheel Mouse. I also got a new Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse to test things out, but the Mac doesn't respond to it, either. I've tried the keyboard and mouse through the KVM switch, and directly in the Mac. No combination I've tried has worked at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Thanks.

imacguy309
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2007, 06:25 PM

Go into system prefrences and run a self test on the mouse and keyboard, if that doesn't work, try plugging in the mouse into the other end of the keyboard or straight into the Mini...

iMacGuy309
350MHZ iMac G3 Indigo OS X Tiger (The Storage Server)
500MHZ iMac G3 Graphite OS X Panther (The favorited machine)
MacBook G5 OS X Tiger w/iSight (My new addition)
MacBook G4 OS X Tiger (The dust collector)

Forum Links
Forum Rules