Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > WMP plugin- firefox help

WMP plugin- firefox help
DCP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2006, 12:32 AM

I'm new to macs, so please pardon my ignorance. I like using firefox (mainly because I like the idea of supporting open source not because I know anything about open source) and I cannot figure out how to get it to play Windows Media Player files in the webpage. I have tried downloading Flip4Mac, but I still get the same message that I need to download a plugin. is there anything further I need to do to get the plugin to work?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Sorry is this is the inappropriate way to request help. I know that all forums have their own social mannerisms. I am new to macs and this forum.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 26, 2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by DCP View Post
I'm new to macs, so please pardon my ignorance. I like using firefox (mainly because I like the idea of supporting open source not because I know anything about open source) and I cannot figure out how to get it to play Windows Media Player files in the webpage. I have tried downloading Flip4Mac, but I still get the same message that I need to download a plugin. is there anything further I need to do to get the plugin to work?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Sorry is this is the inappropriate way to request help. I know that all forums have their own social mannerisms. I am new to macs and this forum.
Well, we're pretty strict here about posting in the right place -- in this case, this belonged in Applications (since Firefox and WMP are applications) and not in iBook/MacBook, which is only for discussing things specific to those models (it's not a generic forum for owners of those models). Since you're new I'll move this for you, but please read our rules (linked at the top of any thread listing) and also carefully read each forum description.

Thanks,
tooki

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2006, 10:49 PM

Flip4Mac usually works great. Have you checked that it's turned on (System Preferences / Flip4Mac WMV / Plug-In / Use Flip4Mac WMV internet plug-in)

Did you restart your browser?

Forum Links
Forum Rules