Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Where can I download Omega?

Where can I download Omega?
Funny Bugga
Jul 15, 2004, 07:27 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been around here in a while, but I remember a new theme coming out called 'Omega' that was previewed here maybe a year (or two?) ago. I have searched on the net and in the forums here and can't seem to find anywhere to download it.

Can anyone help please, it sounded like an awesome theme!
Be nice to other people; they outnumber you 6 billion to one.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 07:31 PM

It hasn't been released yet, and won't be until ShapeShifter 1.5 (or maybe even 2.0) are released. Sorry.

Here is a link to the original thread (which got totally out of control and thus, was locked)

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 08:26 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA... heh...

(anyone who remembers the original Omega thread will understand why this is so funny).

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by codywalton:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA... heh...

(anyone who remembers the original Omega thread will understand why this is so funny).

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2004, 09:02 PM

Download Omega 1.0
Released 5/12/03

Dave-o�
Senior User
Jul 15, 2004, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
Download Omega 1.0
Released 5/12/03
But how is ShapeShifter used to it's fullest possible capabilities with this? Do explain...

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 09:09 PM

+ 3067

ender2002
Senior User
Jul 15, 2004, 09:43 PM

actually, if you were on William Bart's mailing list you would have recieved the alpha last week. didn't anyone else get it?

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by ender2002:
actually, if you were on William Bart's mailing list you would have recieved the alpha last week. didn't anyone else get it?

is this true ?? I'm on it but my previous email is closed due to spamming (I got alot of spam emails)

This is great news if it's true. Ofcourse I'll look like a duffus if not.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 09:58 PM

No way it's true. Don't worry bout it

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by ender2002:
NOT EVEN AS A JOKE!

C**ktease.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by codywalton:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA... heh...

Oh man... that was my reaction too.

Someone better lock this up before it gets out of hand.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 10:22 PM

lol this is funny, it really has almost been 2 years hasn't it? I really wish BBX hadn't said anything about Omega until he even knew what he wanted to do for the finished product. SS can't have been very far in development when BBX started on Omega, and I'm not sure if he was in on it form the start... What happened is that when SS first was in development BBX got excited about features that hadn't even made it to code yet and I guess he went wiled with his design, and everyone thought we'd see Omega with SS 1.0. Since the "new features" were a large undertaking they never made it into the 1.0 release of SS. And the needed features are still in development today with the estimated version number of 1.5. SS 1.2 still has some text color issues anyway, so you can see how a perfectionist like BBX would want to hold off until to looked just right on the required software.

The good side of this is that BBX must be making a good deal of extras for when the time finally comes. He was also talking about "kits" (templates) to make your own Omega extras, and a whole site to upload them to. I've learned not to hold my breath anymore though, sadly you'll just suffocate waiting for it if you do.

I just went back to JetBlack after a long vacation form dark themes. http://swizcore.com/SS/macOSX.php I had forgotten how nice and sleek the theme is.
click one

Makki
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 10:28 PM

I know where to download BBX Omega it's at http://www.williambartsbbxomegaisdab...wyouwantit.com and the same theme works on OSX, OS9, XP, and Linux without porting, jk

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2004, 11:02 PM

I don't even know WHY I clicked this subject. Don't you think that if OMEGA DID come out... you'd be able to find news about it. It's ONLY one of the MOST anticipated themes out there. Come on man... that was a stupid question really... STUPID.

Hey... by the way... does anyone have a link to download Mac OS X 10.5 while were at it?

Get real man. Seriously.

I just wasted 2 minutes of my life... thanks a lot.</sarcasm>

If anyone wants OMEGA... they can IM me on iChat at: justspaztik (I'm on that mailing list also)

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 15, 2004, 11:28 PM

its never coming out because BBX is an idiot.

Makki
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2004, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
Ditto

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2004, 12:07 AM

Save that for one SS 1.5 is out, but I really don't see why he couldn't release it (edit: Omega) now and update it later...
( Last edited by NetworkShadow; Jul 16, 2004 at 03:32 AM. )
click one

Mike S.
Senior User
Jul 16, 2004, 02:29 AM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
lol this is funny, it really has almost been 2 years hasn't it?
Anybody else remember Mirai/Future Metal? That was the big drool before Omega.

dole
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2004, 02:42 AM

Omega will be out when....

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2004, 03:20 AM

Save that for one SS 1.5 is out, but I really don't see why he couldn't release it now and update it later...
its been almost two years. there can be no possible excuse on why it takes so long.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2004, 03:31 AM

its been almost two years. there can be no possible excuse on why it takes so long.
Ask Jason about that, I don't know what it takes to code whatever it is he's doing with ShapeShifter but obviously it takes a lot of hard work and time. He's the only one working on SS too.

As for BBX, who knows why he needs SS 1.5 so badly?
click one

smeger
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2004, 05:32 AM

Ask Jason about that, I don't know what it takes to code whatever it is he's doing with ShapeShifter but obviously it takes a lot of hard work and time. He's the only one working on SS too.

As for BBX, who knows why he needs SS 1.5 so badly?
Omega was announced in either September or October of 2003. So, worst case scenario is that it's now been ten months since it's been announced. I don't know where two years is coming from.

As far as I know, it's still slated to come out with ShapeShifter 1.5. As I've said on numerous occasions, the Omega thing is mainly my fault. Billy wanted features that weren't yet possible, but were part of my long-range plans. I decided to hack them in early so he could release Omega. Later, I decided it wouldn't be fair to hack in Omega-specific stuff, and I'd have to "do it right" so all theme artists could use the features. Hence, the wait until 1.5. But by then, he'd already announced Omega and the hype-wagon had taken off. Hence, my fault.

I haven't spoken with Billy in a few months, so I don't know where he's at regarding the Big O. But I'm still on track for ShapeShifter 1.5 having the features he wanted for Omega.

And, to preempt the standard "OMG 1.5 w1ll be sooo k00LL and change th3m1ng 4evar!1" comments, it won't be. 1.5 is the milestone at which all of the features I have slated for the 1.x series will be in place. 1.3 and 1.4 will probably be more exciting releases than 1.5.

By the way, the first source code file for Modamac, which was later renamed "ShapeShifter" was created on July 20, 2003 at 10:25 PM. The basic functionality was done 13 coding days later. So, happy almost first birthday, ShapeShifter!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2004, 06:01 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
I decided to hack them in early so he could release Omega. Later, I decided it wouldn't be fair to hack in Omega-specific stuff, and I'd have to "do it right" so all theme artists could use the features. Hence, the wait until 1.5. But by then, he'd already announced Omega and the hype-wagon had taken off. Hence, my fault.
i'd rather you have it "hacked" in so we actually know what these "special" features are than to keep us waiting for 10 months so only you and BBX knew the features. why the tight lips on the features? whats the big deal?

iOliverC
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2004, 06:15 AM

i'd rather you have it "hacked" in so we actually know what these "special" features are than to keep us waiting for 10 months so only you and BBX knew the features. why the tight lips on the features? whats the big deal?
Because someone might steal his ideas?

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2004, 06:59 AM

Ditto. That's right what I was thinking about.

Funny Bugga  (op)
Jul 16, 2004, 08:05 AM

Thanks everyone, sorry I didn't mean to cause trouble like some people thought, I did search first but couldn't find any recent info. I didn't expect that it would still be not available, but it sounds like it is coming soon which is good.
Be nice to other people; they outnumber you 6 billion to one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules