Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > new macs: do they include free mp3's preloaded in iTunes?

new macs: do they include free mp3's preloaded in iTunes?
tr
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2002, 04:26 PM

hi everyone,

my sister just got a new 700mHz iBook, and i was talking to her on the phone, asking if there were any of the free mp3's that you see on the demo macs found in stores and such, but she couldn't find any. i remembered when my friend got a TiBook last september, she ran iTunes and all the songs were already in her iTunes. my friend's TiBook booted 9, while the iBook booted into X. i told my sister to boot into 9, just to see if she could find any. all she found were the songs from iPhoto.

so, do these songs come with new shipping macs or not? or if they do, are they located on a software restore CD or something?

thanks,

tr

lucylawless
Mac Elite
Location: adrift in a sea of decadent luxury and meaningless sex
Jun 6, 2002, 04:40 PM

When my lab got a 466 last year, there was over half a GB of mp3's on it, including a number of Harry Potter books-on-tape. When I got my Dual 1GHz in February, I didn't get any mp3's. go figure
blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. the X makes it sound cool

jcarr
Senior User
Jun 7, 2002, 08:31 AM

Macs that shipped with iTunes 1.0 included about 600MB of 'Sampler' files (a 'Spoken Sampler' and a 'Tunes Sampler'). Newer Macs that ship with iTunes 2.0 have a much smaller (about 100MB) sampler of tunes pre-installed.

<small>[ 06-07-2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: jcarr ]</small>
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

tr  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2002, 08:54 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by jcarr:
<strong>Macs that shipped with iTunes 1.0 included about 600MB of 'Sampler' files (a 'Spoken Sampler' and a 'Tunes Sampler'). Newer Macs that ship with iTunes 2.0 have a much smaller (about 100MB) sampler of tunes pre-installed.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">can you tell me where exactly these are located, like what folder or directory?

tr

jcarr
Senior User
Jun 7, 2002, 09:44 AM

They should be in a folder called "Sampler"

Look in:

/Library/Applciations Support/iTunes/
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2002, 10:25 AM

Also, there is some free music found on your iDisk. See <a href="http://www.mac.com" target="_blank">http://www.mac.com</a> or your internet prefs in OS X for more info, if you don't have an iDisk/iTools account yet.

J

piot
Forum Regular
Jun 10, 2002, 12:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jcarr:
[QB]They should be in a folder called "Sampler"

Just received my 700 today.
No such folder....and not an mp3 in sight!
Piot

Forum Links
Forum Rules