Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Facebook weirdness in Chrome

Facebook weirdness in Chrome
ibook_steve
Jul 3, 2012, 10:22 AM

I'm having major issues with FB in Chrome that started all of a sudden. The only thing I've done recently is update to 10.7.4. Here is a list of issues:

1) More stories: clicking More stories at the bottom just pops me back to the top. I'm unable to look at any older stories. Trying to click "Edit options" for this does nothing.
2) Timelines and groups: these don't completely load. I scroll to the bottom and then they just stop.
3) Notifications and messages: neither of these will finish loading from the top of the page.

Now I do have Social Fixer installed which I was sure was the cause of all this, but I've tried running with and without it installed as well as reinstalling it from scratch. No luck. FB works fine in Safari.

I've tried deleting cookies. I don't know what else to do other than give up on FB in Chrome.

Any ideas?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

dpooper79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2012, 10:00 PM

Hi Steve,

Sorry no ideas from me, but I do have the same problem it seems. Did you find out any more?

Cheers,

Christian

ibook_steve  (op)
Jul 9, 2012, 12:24 PM

Strangely enough, the problems suddenly went away.

I think I tried deleting Facebook cookies as well as emptying my cache (I forget what period of time I selected, but it was probably 1 month). That may have done the trick.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules