Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > a day in the life of Joe Republican

a day in the life of Joe Republican (Page 3)
macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
I'm still waiting for proof of starving people in the US.

Ain't nobody died of hunger since the 1800's - and that was only during a long winter storm...
http://www.fhfh.org/hunger.html

You can keep denying hunger, and AIDS all you want. Doesn't change the fact that they exist.

Dr.HermanG.
Senior User
Aug 16, 2004, 08:46 PM

LMAO! Food insecure. Politically correct word of the week.

Hunger in America is total BS.

Hunger in Africa? Yes, that's HUNGER.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2004, 08:49 PM

lol

if there's no crisis - create one!

Not poor, hungry, homeless, or starving??

I bet you must be "at-risk for" those things.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 08:50 PM

Other than rare cases, AIDS is your own damn fault. And no AIDS muppet from South Africa will tell me different.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 16, 2004, 08:52 PM

The reason this thread didn't get locked from the get go is beyond me.

The reason it's STILL not locked....

Dr.HermanG.
Senior User
Aug 16, 2004, 08:55 PM

lol

if there's no crisis - create one!

Not poor, hungry, homeless, or starving??

I bet you must be "at-risk for" those things.
Well, yeah, create a new crisis to justify more spending on social programs. It's just an excuse to legislate more laws and raise more taxes to take more from me and you while the ones opining about the social problems sit at home and stuff their piehole all night.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2004, 08:56 PM

I have exactly no food in my house. Well, if you count the 8 month old margarine sticks, I reckon I do have some food.

I am, by any definition, at-risk for hunger.

What if my pickup truck doesn't start?

What if my ATM card no longer functions?

What if there's a state of emergency and all the stores close?

Oh my God. WHAT IF THERE'S NO SAFETY NET??!!

Good thing I can rely on you liberals to send me food and money if I need it. Or if I don't feel like doing it myself.

Dr.HermanG.
Senior User
Aug 16, 2004, 09:01 PM

I think I'm going to take the next 40 years off. I never really liked working anyways. Then I can live off the hard working people who pay the taxes to keep my lazy butt from being hungry!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2004, 09:11 PM

damn I'm hungry. Probably hungrier than 98% of the American population.

I'd really like some food right about now.

There's a television show about Jay Leno's motorcycle collection - it's on now. I don't feel like going anywhere just yet...so could one of you peacenik treehugging liberals kindly send me some food?

Arg. My stomache is growling. Almost hurts. I can't remember the last time I ate. Mostly because I've been stoned since Friday evening. My friend Kate stopped over last night and we partied until almost 5am. We consumed the last twelve Newcastle Brown Ales which left my refrigerator completely empty - except for the old-ass margarine sticks, anyway. We smoked almost a half ounce of pot, too.

I've still got some coffee (no calories, not food). Maybe I'll manage to survive until the FedEx truck arrives tomorrow afternoon with that food I asked you for.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 09:12 PM

Originally posted by Dr.HermanG.:
I think I'm going to take the next 40 years off. I never really liked working anyways. Then I can live off the hard working people who pay the taxes to keep my lazy butt from being hungry!
In case you're not aware, or perhaps blissfully ignorant, there was a significant reform to the welfare system a number of years ago that limits how long any person can stay on welfare. You can't stay on your whole life, even though you'd like that to be the case so you can attack Democrats for it.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 09:20 PM

I'm surviving on Jolt Floats�. (3/4 of a Jolt with some special ice cream from online)
And I got some left over rice, some flour tortilla things, like 3 packs of individually sliced cheese. I also got some peas, a frozen pack of strawberries, like 13 hot sauce bottles, () and a leftover smoked chuck.
I'm going to keep posting and get some welfare. Then I can go have freaky sex with my prostitute, whom I still have 45 minutes with. I should be getting my Summer Sanatarium Shirt and some beers pretty soon. Then I'll go beat up, rape, and kill the bitch and sleep on some Mountain Dew bottles and gummi bear wrappers.

While there have been reforms, I'd like to see it ended. It is a worthless program

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2004, 09:50 PM

Times change. Parties change. Keep up.

BlackGriffen
Actually no, times haven't changed much at all. Everything I mentioned was in protection of capitalism, state's rights, and individual freedoms overall- which yes, at the time was considered progressive. Now progressive means giving the Federal Government more power. Why on earth would I wish to keep up with digression??? The post discussed the Democrat accomplishments we take for granted. I simply mentioned the Republican accomplishments you and others have taken for granted. Apparently it's too painful for you to admit there's the possibility that someone who votes differently than you might have valid contributions to society. Then, as if your onions didn't appear big enough-you actually signed off on your reply. Cracks me up.
ebuddy

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2004, 09:59 PM

damn I'm hungry. Probably hungrier than 98% of the American population.

I'd really like some food right about now.

There's a television show about Jay Leno's motorcycle collection - it's on now. I don't feel like going anywhere just yet...so could one of you peacenik treehugging liberals kindly send me some food?

Arg. My stomache is growling. Almost hurts. I can't remember the last time I ate. Mostly because I've been stoned since Friday evening. My friend Kate stopped over last night and we partied until almost 5am. We consumed the last twelve Newcastle Brown Ales which left my refrigerator completely empty - except for the old-ass margarine sticks, anyway. We smoked almost a half ounce of pot, too.

I've still got some coffee (no calories, not food). Maybe I'll manage to survive until the FedEx truck arrives tomorrow afternoon with that food I asked you for.
Mmmmmm.... Newcastle brown ale, that's some fine damn beer. This evening I'm currently 3 beers into a 4 pack of Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. *slurp*
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
Now progressive means giving the Federal Government more power.
I thought that's what the conservative Republicans were trying to do with things like the Patriot Act!?

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by djohnson:
Well, like I said above, I spent a little over 2 years working minimum wage, no healthcare, and still managed to pay my bills. Sure I lived in a piece of junk, drove an even worse piece of junk(still do...) but I had food. Oh and no eating out(gasp), no cigarettes(oh no!!!), and no alcohol(??? are you insane?).

Oh and the poor dont pay taxes, so why should they get free healthcare?
If I had an award to give, I'd give it to you man: you've hit several nails on the head with that one post, my friend. Bravo!

I get a kick when I drive through the slummy/poor areas of our town and I see the crappy houses with "hot rods" sitting in the driveway. Said hot rods sport multi-thousand dollar additions: stereo systems, custom hubs, all the stoodpid lighting effects, etc. And then, you see the people hootin' it up with their beer and ciggies. "We don't have any money to pay bills by the time we get our booze and cigs. My baby's been wearin' the same diaper for three days now, too. Give us some more of your hard-earned money your capitalist pig -- but don't call us leechers!"

What a wonderful world we live in, eh?

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Bullsh*t, I worked minimum wage jobs and could still afford a car, apartment, food, etc.. No, I didn't have any $ for "bling bling", but I made ends meet... while attending college FULL TIME. Yes, it takes work, but if you bust your ass and apply yourself you will succeed. I have zero sympathy for anyone who won't work to better themselves or their situation, but sits around and bitches about it.

Hear hear! Another Reality Award to you, ManNStein!

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Dr.HermanG.:
Me too. Screw it all. I got my tax break (thanks Bush), and I'm sick of paying for everyone else. It's MY turn not to work. Let's all do a walk out tomorrow...

Maury

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
Actually no, times haven't changed much at all. Everything I mentioned was in protection of capitalism, state's rights, and individual freedoms overall- which yes, at the time was considered progressive. Now progressive means giving the Federal Government more power. Why on earth would I wish to keep up with digression??? The post discussed the Democrat accomplishments we take for granted. I simply mentioned the Republican accomplishments you and others have taken for granted. Apparently it's too painful for you to admit there's the possibility that someone who votes differently than you might have valid contributions to society. Then, as if your onions didn't appear big enough-you actually signed off on your reply. Cracks me up.
For starters, I was only addressing the section I quoted (FDA). Those would very much be classified as liberal laws by todays standards. What I mean by that is, they were an increase in federal government regulation and bureaucracy. I don't see how that is a protection of free market, laissez faire capitalism, state's rights, or individual freedoms.

The point I was trying to make was that the Republicans weren't always the conservatives, nor were the Democrats all always liberals. Generally, Lerk was talking about liberal accomplishments, and his only mistake was conflating conservatives with Republicans.

Last, I always signoff my posts, in case you hadn't noticed, jackass. The only difference is I try to use BG when I'm being less serious, and the full nom de plume when I'm serious. I find I prefer that to an automatic sig, which I notice you use. I won't denigrate them, since many people here use them, but I just prefer to sign each post myself.

BlackGriffen

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 16, 2004, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
If I had an award to give, I'd give it to you man: you've hit several nails on the head with that one post, my friend. Bravo!

I get a kick when I drive through the slummy/poor areas of our town and I see the crappy houses with "hot rods" sitting in the driveway. Said hot rods sport multi-thousand dollar additions: stereo systems, custom hubs, all the stoodpid lighting effects, etc. And then, you see the people hootin' it up with their beer and ciggies. "We don't have any money to pay bills by the time we get our booze and cigs. My baby's been wearin' the same diaper for three days now, too. Give us some more of your hard-earned money your capitalist pig -- but don't call us leechers!"

What a wonderful world we live in, eh?

Maury
Like my cousin, sadly enough. He lives in a shack, but drives a $30K Firehawk with $3K rims (he got the car from an insurance settlement, which was a load of BS), and doesn't have money for diapers for his baby or for his utilities. Seems like every time I see him he's begging me for cash... finally I'd had enough and asked him why he didn't sell the car and provide for his family. Haven't seen him since.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 10:42 PM

Yeah, the new trend is ugly Japanese car with all of that ****. Why don't they buy something that's�uh, actually good. There's gotta be one car that's worth something out there that isn't a $35,000 PoS. The old thing I noticed was these old white Lincoln with splurge subs.
I swear to God, if I have to hear one more rap song coming out of some cheap car with the windows rolled down� I'm thinking when I get a car, I'll waste a couple thousand on a stereo and play Face the Slayer so loud it'll break glass. Aren't those annoying?
Boom Boom bo Ba ting Boom Boom bo Ba ting *annoying synth sound*
Rap sucks.
Oh yeah, most of the guys who buy all these "great" cars are working at Jiffylube or something.

pooka
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2004, 10:46 PM

I pee in the coffee at work.

So, liberal or conservative... all their efforts and hard work...

It's assholes like me that ruin it for everyone.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

Lerkfish  (op)
Aug 16, 2004, 10:49 PM

now, see, wasn't this cathartic for the republicans to "let it all hang out"?

you're welcome.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
Other than rare cases, AIDS is your own damn fault. And no AIDS muppet from South Africa will tell me different.
Funny thing about AIDS is 95%+ of Americans with AIDS don't even know it.

Blood banks now test for it (though many recieved blood before testing started... and were never tested for AIDS).

It's 100% possible you have AIDS and don't even know it. Most people don't. And most people that find out, have already spread it to several other people.

Countries in Africa spend lots of money studying it's spread, and US and other countries have been researching it as well hoping to find trends, and examine for different strains (some researchers insist there are more potent strains, and some aren't nearly as deadly... while others consider it a complete myth). Same was done on the Homosexual community.

The one community that refused the idea of testing is heterosexual Americans. It's the least tested group for the AIDS virus. It's also a very fast growing group. Though people being medicated for it is not very high. While higher than Africa, the rate of medicated HIV+ individuals is much higher in Europe and Asia. So is the survival rate. Not to mention the rate of spreading is much much less in Europe and Asia. And considering the sex trade problems in parts of Asia, as well as the oversized population, Asia should really have exceeded Africa. Instead, it's decreasing in many parts.

But then again, we live in a nation where our own president (Reagan)'s administration hid the facts on the virus for several years. And it wasn't until Magic Johnson that the average adult knew about the virus (several years after the average African, Asian, and Europian was being informed about it, and how it spreads).... kind of pathetic for a 'first world country' when 2nd and 3rd world countries have more control over a virus than you.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2004, 11:00 PM

REGAN IS TEH ANTICHRIST!!!!

No, I don't have AIDS. No blood transfers, gay sex, needle sharing, etc. I think I'm fine.
What about that "72 virgins" ditty?

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Aug 16, 2004, 11:08 PM

Ugh. This is pathetic.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules