Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Late 2009 Mac Mini. Hard drives used in each model

Late 2009 Mac Mini. Hard drives used in each model
Krusty
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2010, 10:50 PM

Hi all,
Just a general question. Can anyone who bought the late 2009 Mac Mini post what model hard drive shipped with their machine ?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 10, 2010, 11:00 AM

Apple pretty much uses multiple vendors at all times. What one person got is only a weak indicator of what you might get.

chrikenn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2010, 03:47 PM

I just replaced the stock HD in my late-2009 Mac Mini with a 40GB Kingston SSD drive. The stock was a Hitachi 5400rpm drive. Don't know what the specific model was, but if you really need it for some reason, I could go look at the label.

Edit: It is a 2.26GHZ with 4GB ram.

Krusty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2010, 01:10 AM

Thanks for the response. This is sort of why I'm asking. I have a couple ideas for what to do as far as hard drive in these things. Preferably, I'd replace the stock with an SSD at some point. I'm just trying to figure out if the stock drive is something I could live with for a while or not. By the way, you needn't look on the lablel, your system profiler will have the model number of the drive used.

Forum Links
Forum Rules