Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Neocons: a timeline on message boards like this one

Neocons: a timeline on message boards like this one (Page 4)
LoganCharles
Banned
Aug 12, 2004, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
*walks out of thread, turning off lights*
Night, Night troll bait. Come back when the painkillers wear off.

sanity assassin
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2004, 04:45 PM

I got to laugh at how some people just love to character assassinate people by negatively using the term, 'conspiracy theorist'. Rather than make a convincing argument against the opponents, and exposers of such entities like the neocons, they just hurl every socially dubious label they can at people.

Thing is, would anyone trust a nation that planned to fly jets into one its majpr cities to make it look like the Cubas did it? Lol, I mean, to just think of that speaks volumes. So, am I a nutter to then dedice that the nation involved is capable of pretty much anything.

Oh, Lerk, don't worry, you speak sense to most here.
Rockstar Games - better than reality.

sanity assassin
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2004, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by LoganCharles:
Night, Night troll bait. Come back when the painkillers wear off.
My point proven, not a sensical argument in there, but just laughable comments.
Rockstar Games - better than reality.

LoganCharles
Banned
Aug 12, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by sanity assassin:
My point proven, not a sensical argument in there, but just laughable comments.
This thread had troll bait written all over it.

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
I think Lerk, Troll, sanity and the boys have delivered a

****SMACKDOWN****

to Zimphire, djohnson, Millennium, and crew.

Congratulations are also in order to BRussell and others who have conducted intelligent but non-adversarial discussion the topic.

Take a bow, ladies and germs.

BG
I'll abstain on taking sides in a smackdown but it sure seems like old times around here.

Lerk vs. Zimph & ...well, everybody

If only thunderous were around... who else we missing?

It's Old School week at the MacNN Pol Lounge.
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

LoganCharles
Banned
Aug 12, 2004, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
for three years now. Here is a short timeline:
One word. Pathetic. Just think that you've wasted 3 years of your life trying to convince us that you're not a loon....and it's failed. Here's to another 3 years!

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2004, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
And as I pointed out. Clinton shared the same ideals. So he must be a neocon too.
Are you purposefully ignoring us or are you just flicking through our posts so fast that you don't actually read the answer? We've responded to that point umpteen times. If you still disagree argue the point, don't just keep repeating it.

The whole purpose of posing those questions was to get you away from repetition of the same point and to focus your argument so that we can have an intelligent discussion. Now if I don't know if you agree with the summary of the neocon policies that are posted on this thread (or on the CSM website) then how am I supposed to take on your point about Clinton being a neocon? You refuse to tell me what a neocon is. On our version of what a neocon is, Clinton couldn't possibly be one. I don't even really understand what you think the similarity is between neocon positions and Clinton's positions. Except to say that you seem to be confusing what is actually happening in the world today with what the neocons believe should be happening.

I've already explained to you that Clinton never espoused values like those that I believe the neocons stand for. Clinton never spoke of the US building up its military power and using that power more freely to ensure that the US remained the sole hegemon for the next one hundred years. So either you disagree with that characterisation of what the neocons want or there really is not similarity between the policies. Difficult to argue with you if you act like a child when I ask you a specific question designed to move the debate forward.

For the record, I've told you that I think it's the latter because I know what the neocons believe. They aren't shy to tell me. I also know what Clinton believed because he told us. Clinton never talked about an American Empire. Neither did his vice-Presidnet or anyone else in his Administration afaik.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2004, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by Troll:
Are you purposefully ignoring us or are you just flicking through our posts so fast that you don't actually read the answer? We've responded to that point umpteen times. If you still disagree argue the point, don't just keep repeating it.

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Sure they can. Posting what, 12-15 times a day takes about 20 minutes tops
I believe that the quote is self explanatory.

BG

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 12, 2004, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
You've been SMACKDOWNED. Continuing to post in this thread only hurts your cause even more. Everybody understands what you don't.
Everybody? Including Pac and The original smackdowner? I don't think so bub. Next thing you know you are going to be making posts about imaginary "theys"

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 12, 2004, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
you must be fu<king joking. "mass paranoia" and "delusional brainwashing" is exactly what's going on in the us of a right now.
I agree, why people watch Michael Moore movies in beyond me.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 12, 2004, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Troll:

You again missed my point, Lerked claimed they were neocons because of their actions in Iraq. I said Clinton supported said ideals. So that would also make him a neocon too right?

Not that I agreed with that because I think the WHOLE THING IS 100% SILLY.

Got it? Good.

Forum Links
Forum Rules