Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook G4 broken screen questions

iBook G4 broken screen questions
bmwk100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2008, 09:50 PM

Greetings:

I am trying to buy a new screen for an iBook G4 and I have two questions:
1- Do you measure the screen diagonally (12" or 14")? I'm not 100% sure I have the 14".
2-How do I know if my screen is a 30 pin connector or 20 pin connector? I do not want to take it apart as the computer is still usable and don't want to go without it if I can't put it back together.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 5, 2008, 03:20 AM

I don't know the answer to the pin connector, have only replaced a few ibook hard drives and memory. You could ask these guys: http://www.powerbookmedic.com/suppor...departmentid=5

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1...roductid=16626
ice

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2008, 02:41 AM

1. Measure it diagonally, making sure you only cover the viewable display (the screen itself). Alternatively, plug your serial number (located underneath the keyboard) in Apple's support site. It should tell you precisely what model number it is.

2. Ideally, you will want to get your product number. Some iBook G4 14" models use the 1" 20-pin connector (M9848LL/A iBook G4 14.1" 933MHz), whereas others use the 1.5" 30-pin connector (M9419LL/A iBook G4 14.1" 1.2GHz; M9848LL/A iBook G4 14.1" 1.42GHz)

Forum Links
Forum Rules