Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pft. THis country just be full of uneducated marons who be hatin.

Pft. THis country just be full of uneducated marons who be hatin.
maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 05:47 PM

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2005, 05:53 PM

Indeed.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2005, 06:14 PM

max, you just broke rule pol/war #8: "No posting and running. Give an opinion, your slant, anything in regards to what you're posting. Simply posting a news story and no context or direction is not conducive to fostering discussion. Avoid it."

I know your title is something of a commentary, but I also know you can do way better than that.

AFAIC, America as a viable country has long since lost control of its destiny. Bush is just the biggest smirking huckster to come along down the political cesspool pipe to push us over the edge...

down the river we go and there be a huge waterfall ahead but most folks don't see it coming. Hell, they don't even hear the sound of rapids swirling 'round, the spray of whitewater gathering, the froth and foam of a future that ends in disaster.

Can't wait to see it.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

maxelson  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural
"No posting and running. Give an opinion, your slant, anything in regards to what you're posting. Simply posting a news story and no context or direction is not conducive to fostering discussion. Avoid it."
I disagree.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by maxelson
I disagree.
Whether or not you agree with the rules is irrelevant. Them's the rules we all play by.

And as for my comment . . . meh.

I didn't put much faith in the polls showing Bush with a high approval rating and I don't put much faith in the polls showing Bush with a low approval ratings.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 30, 2005, 08:30 PM

"Truman got some of the lowest poll numbers any president ever got," said Jones, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. "Now when we look back on Truman, he's the highest ranked of the post-World War II presidents."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...40_bush15.html

Sometimes things only become clear in hindsight. Sometimes, in hindsight things look exactly like they did at the time. Only time will tell I guess.
Nemo me impune lacesset

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 08:52 PM

It could easily be argued that Bill Clinton, one of the most "popular" Presidents ever, was that popular simply because he governed by which way the political wind blew. If the majority of people in a poll say that he should stand on his left foot while rubbing his belly and patting his head while giving a speech, he would.

Meanwhile, the argument could be made that Bush is showing more leadership than Clinton ever did. Whether or not it is a good thing, history will say. But everyone knows where Bush stands.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2005, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
But everyone knows where Bush stands.
Yeah, on a Tarmac, eating cake, while New Orleans is Sinking.

“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by spauldingg

He's flying back to DC tonight--I'll know if he does as his heli's usually flies over my condo--to deal with the disaster caused by Katrina. He's already declared a disaster emergency. Geez!
Your bigger concern should be with how he is letting Homeland Security dismantle FEMA and diminish its involvement in just these types of events. Now that is something to get worked up about.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2005, 09:33 PM

And the fact that 40+ percent of Louisiana's guard is in Iraq, along with most of their water filtering equipment and high water vehicles. And he cut 72 million dollars from New Orleans Army core of engineers (about 14 hours of Iraq war fundage.)

And as usual, like with the Tsunami, he's 3 days late. He also went golfing yesterday. And played guitar with some country yokel. And finally, he agreed with mojo about the REAL reason we are in Iraq.

He avoided Hurricane Cindy, and now he is going tomorrow, (maybe thursday, maybe friday) to a safe place far away from the actual damage. Cutting short his five week vacation by several hours, except that it wasn't a vacation, they kicked him out to reupholster the furniture, except now it's a vacation again, because that's what they say he is cutting short...)
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

maxelson  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
It could easily be argued that Bill Clinton, one of the most "popular" Presidents ever, was that popular simply because he governed by which way the political wind blew. If the majority of people in a poll say that he should stand on his left foot while rubbing his belly and patting his head while giving a speech, he would.

Meanwhile, the argument could be made that Bush is showing more leadership than Clinton ever did. Whether or not it is a good thing, history will say. But everyone knows where Bush stands.
This is all a matter of opinion. "showed more leadership". What does that mean, exactly?
Unilateral action? Politicking? Being an ideologue and forcing ideals upon a nation? Going to war? Being decisive? What is your definition of "leadership"? Knowing where someone stands does not indicate good leadership. Bringing a group along on that stance, allowing the people to see your way and then act on its behalf- I'd say that is an element of good leadership.
I feel that I am not "lead" anywhere by this administration. Dragged kicking and screaming, sure, but "lead"? No. Decisiveness does not equal leadership. A leader also unites for a cause. Where has Bush united? And is that his fault? Yes. It is. He's the "leader".

Your opinion of Clinton is that- an opinion. I thought the Clinton administration did a fine job of leading. I didn't agree with a whole hell of a lot, but quite a bit of the world followed where he lead. Bush does not have that. Are you writing it off to popular stupidity and/ or charisma? That would be selling short.

maxelson  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2005, 11:50 PM

Oh. And I see a discussion is being had here.
I am happy to follow parameters. But not arbitrary ones. The post had the desired effect. A discussion is being had. Why all the stickiness about it?

Atomic Rooster
Aug 31, 2005, 12:12 AM

Can anything worse happen during Bush's term in office? Just about everything has.

Maybe "The Rapture"?

I think I can hear horses.

maxelson  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2005, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Whether or not you agree with the rules is irrelevant. Them's the rules we all play by.

And as for my comment . . . meh.

I didn't put much faith in the polls showing Bush with a high approval rating and I don't put much faith in the polls showing Bush with a low approval ratings.
Of course it is relevant. My opinion on the rule is without worth simply because the rule "is"?

You commented. My goal was to see the comments on the item. Not reactions to MY comments on the item.

I have an opinion on the rule. It is not irrelevant. Again. Discussion is being had. Perhaps this shows a flaw in this rule?

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 31, 2005, 12:37 AM

The reason for the rule is quite simple. In your absence, some members came up with the tactic of linking incendiary articles, just to stir the shitpot, and then leave the thread to degenerate into a flamefest without ever actually having to be involved.
Nemo me impune lacesset

rambo47
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2005, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by spauldingg

Betten than sitting at his desk, with an intern eating him!

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2005, 10:52 AM

Poor little spauldingg.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2005, 12:21 PM

What?

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by rambo47
Betten than sitting at his desk, with an intern eating him!
Really? You would rather eat a piece of cake with some old man than have oral sex performed on you by a female intern?

....interesting.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2005, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by James L
Really? You would rather eat a piece of cake with some old man than have oral sex performed on you by a female intern?

....interesting.

Dude, Monica was a double-wide. I'd take eating cake over her large arse any day.

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2005, 12:51 PM

Her 'arse' had nothing to do with it.

maxelson  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2005, 06:01 PM

I find that continuous running back to the Monica thing to be a sign of weakness on the part of Bush supporters.

Forum Links
Forum Rules