Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help me solve a marital dispute

View Poll Results: What goes in the living room?
Poll Options:
Good looking furniture that sucks to sit on 30 votes (62.50%)
Pool table and kegerator 18 votes (37.50%)
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Help me solve a marital dispute (Page 2)
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 1, 2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Again, this poll was more of a joke than reality. Although, I'll probably end up with a pool table out back by the pool and a beer fridge in the outdoor kitchen.
Is that the wife posting, announcing the outcome of the showdown ?

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 1, 2007, 11:35 PM

Yeah, it's funny watching people dig into this question as if it's a completely serious question considering that these choices serve two entirely different purposes, we've never seen the house, etc.

I'm going to go with a goofy answer, since that's what I'm good at, only I can't think of anything right now.

Oh wait.... no, that's dumb. I can't go with dumb...

zipperzap
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2007, 03:08 AM

A real solution is to start seeing a girlfriend.

Eventually, you will be discovered and YOUR
options will be quickly removed - and your
ex-wife will get what SHE wants and YOU
will get to pay for it ... and a LOT more
stuff that she hasn't even thought of yet!

... maybe your brand new roomate will have
what you wanted in the first place!

No muss ... no fuss ... and who knows, maybe,
even child support payments may be thrown in,
to further sweeten her pot!

Never forget, things can always get worse - much,
much worse!
Scott

abe
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2007, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Need help resolving what would go best in the living room in our house (the living room being the room no one ever goes into). My wife feels that it should be some attractive, but really uncomfortable furniture. I feel it should be a pool table and a kegerator.
Salvation Army furniture and giant B&W mounted blowups of mentally challenged people working to repair and refinish the furniture.

Guests will come by and you can tell them you are helping the handicapped AND recycling and they will LOVE the photos.

With the money you save you can get the kegerator and a lesser expensive arcade style video game for another room of the house.

Arcade Game by DreamAuthentics.com The Game Room
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2007, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I'm going to go with a goofy answer, since that's what I'm good at, only I can't think of anything right now.

Oh wait.... no, that's dumb. I can't go with dumb...
I bet the nice, uncomfortable furniture would be much more satisfying to poop on than the pool table and kegerator.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2007, 03:55 AM

New idea: make woodworking and building furniture in your garage your new hobby. Hint at an ill-conceived vision to totally remodel the house in a sort of rickety old ski lodge aesthetic. Your wife will then let you pay money to put whatever you want in that room as long as it's not that crap you are making by hand.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

abe
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2007, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
New idea: make woodworking and building furniture in your garage your new hobby. Hint at an ill-conceived vision to totally remodel the house in a sort of rickety old ski lodge aesthetic. Your wife will then let you pay money to put whatever you want in that room as long as it's not that crap you are making by hand.
I don't know. Do guys with kegerators and pool tables have time for new hobbies?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I bet the nice, uncomfortable furniture would be much more satisfying to poop on than the pool table and kegerator.
I'm no longer allowed to poop in the house anywhere but the toilet. I'm told this is called being "housebroken".

PacHead
Baninated
Dec 2, 2007, 02:40 PM

Who wears the pants in your household ? Grow yourself a pair of balls and do what you want, not want your female wants. You've already said that she decided every other room, so what's the problem really ?
Then again, some males like to be dominated, so perhaps you're one of them types.

Visnaut
Senior User
Dec 3, 2007, 09:46 PM

People often overlook the importance of great looking, uncomfortable furniture: your guests will like your place, but they'll never overstay their welcome.

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2007, 11:03 PM

The best living room I've been in had both uncomfortable furniture and kegerator/pool table. You see the uncomfortable furniture forces you to play pool and drink beer so that you'll feel less when you sit... it's a great system.

Forum Links
Forum Rules