Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > erased address book sorta, HELP!

erased address book sorta, HELP!
edge.it
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2008, 12:16 AM

so today while @ the mall with some friends i started putzing around with some settings while they were all shopping and i really SCREWEWD something up. i was messing around wtih the mail, contacts, calendars settings, and i some how when i added another email adress to my list, i told it sync the contacts, (not relizing what it would do ) and it erased all the contacts on the iphone.

all my recent calls are there, but they are all showing up as numbers, the names have vanished.

i have a huge list of texts that if need be i can sort through them and add the names back depending on the conversation, but im hoping there is another way.

i remember restoring the phone some way to a previous back up, but cant seem to find where that was. do those backups save address books too?

macpro 2.66 | 4GB | 7 TB
macbook pro 2.4i5 | 4GB | 500GB 7200rpm
technic 1210 M5G

outaru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2008, 03:13 AM

is it synced with your home computer? if that's the case you can simply sync and opt to merge contact from iphone and your computer..

edge.it  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2008, 01:47 PM

my contacts were not saved into the address book on my machine if thats what you were regerrring to.

i thought when the itunes did backups, it saved the numbers.

and also i thought the numbers were saved onto the sim card.. no?

macpro 2.66 | 4GB | 7 TB
macbook pro 2.4i5 | 4GB | 500GB 7200rpm
technic 1210 M5G

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2008, 08:10 AM

Sim cards have limited memory space and aren't used for backup. Sorry.

Forum Links
Forum Rules