Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/FT: Apple Stuff

FS/FT: Apple Stuff
wpd7
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2010, 12:47 PM

Mac Pro $OLD

Intel iMac 24" $1100
Intel 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
4GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive Upgrade
SuperDrive
7300GT Graphics
May have AppleCare- need to double-check

Black MacBook $OLD
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreemen...sn=W87222TFYA4
Intel 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
512MB Memory
80GB Hard Drive
SuperDrive
Two (2) Batteries, one relatively new
Pink neoprene case
Some issues- FW does not work, drive is tight due to the plastic not being flush, as-is.

Intel Xserve $OLD
https://support.apple.com/specs/xser...Late_2006.html
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreemen...sn=G872528TV2Q

Dual 2GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon Processors
4GB Memory
80GB/750GB/750GB HDDs
SuperDrive
OSX Server 10.4 Unlimited
Apple Dual-Channel Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Card

1TB XServe RAID $1200
Xserve RAID (SFP) - Technical Specifications
https://selfsolve.apple.com/Register...id=QP71003ZSAH

Apple Fibre Channel PCI Express Card
Two (2) Apple Copper Fibre Channel Cables

If interested, I can add an unlimited user Snow Leopard Server license and media for an additional $400. Feel free to ask questions.

Looking for IP streaming cameras, interesting trades. Especially interested in storage in the NAS/SAN flavor. Interested in a vehicle trade if located in SoCal.
( Last edited by wpd7; Apr 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Xserve Sold)

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 17, 2010, 05:16 PM

can i get some pics of the black macbook? what do you mean "the drive is tight"? can you show that in pics? i don't think i understand.
as ever,
sonny

reader50
Administrator
Mar 17, 2010, 05:22 PM

"drive is tight" probably refers to the slot-load optical drive. Resisting disc insertion / ejecting. I've seen this issue with a white macbook.

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2010, 07:06 PM

Yep, that's exactly it reader50.

I can send you a pic of the issue and how the top affects it, but I'll need your email.

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2010, 12:02 AM

BUMP Mac PRO SOLD!

Jlwolfer
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2010, 09:42 PM

Black MacBook $500
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreemen...sn=W87222TFYA4
Intel 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
512MB Memory
80GB Hard Drive
SuperDrive
Two (2) Batteries, one relatively new
Pink neoprene case
Some issues- FW does not work, drive is tight due to the plastic not being flush.
Interested in selling one of the battery’s separately
1.83 C2D Mini, 12" PB 867mhz. Now iPhone enabled!!!!

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2010, 09:52 PM

Make me an offer, brand new still in plastic internally but shrink wrap is torn open. Apple wants $130 plus tax and shipping...

Jlwolfer
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2010, 10:09 PM

Offer sent Via PM
1.83 C2D Mini, 12" PB 867mhz. Now iPhone enabled!!!!

Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2010, 10:47 AM

MacBook significantly not as described, seller edited original post to indicate it was sold "as-is" after I sent in a PayPal dispute. Buyer beware.

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2010, 11:11 AM

You want transparency? Here's my communication this morning with Adam:

Received the MacBook today, the damage is significantly worse than described.

The plastic being "not flush" affects significantly more than the drive, has pretty apparent damage in the front right corner and most importantly messed with the connection to the trackpad so it does not consistently register movement. There is a hairline crack or scratch on the screen, and problems with the functioning of the machine (for instance it won't shut down, but will only restart over and over until hard powered off.)

I'd like a full refund, I can send it back Monday.

Adam

Roland Zakaria 7:35 AM (14 minutes ago)

Adam,

I described the MacBook sold as-is first of all. Not to mention that
the hairline crack or the trackpad issues were not present during time
of mailing.

The rebooting issue is also new- it has a fresh install and shuts down
fine. The only issues with the machine was as represented.

I would recommend following up with the post office as I had it
insured as with all large purchases. Was there any issues with the
shipping box (drop damage, etc). I can supply you the insurance
information by Wednesday (I am currently out of town), but I will not
take responsibility for issues that were not present on my shipping
the item.

Roland

Adam Fisher-Cox 7:41 AM (8 minutes ago)

Well, it's a good thing I have a screenshot of the listing BEFORE you edited it today to say "as-is." There is no way the "extra" damage was caused by the postal service as it was packed very well, and there was no damage to the box. I'm escalating it to a PayPal claim. I'm sorry that this transaction didn't work out, but I was hoping both of us would be playing fair.

My points is that I packed very well- no one has ever had a complaint about this ever about my selling online. You can see my ebay record under classicstuttgart and heatware under my username, wpd7. I also want to add that although I [ack very well, there has been instances where it was still DOA. Not my issue but the USPS or carrier of choice for that package.

I also purchased insurance above and beyond Paypal's requirements. If I wanted to "stiff" you why would I do that?

I tried to work it out with him and then claims that I changed the ad to reflect "as-is". The only thing I changed today was the XServe from being $1500 to $OLD as I got a deposit from a local buyer.

I also have ads on other forums I frequent and they all say as-is. I copied and pasted everything from the same text file as I always do for sales.

As I mentioned above, I am more than willing to work with him with the post office, but then he accused me of being underhanded and closed the Paypal complaint to a claim.

Adam,

As I mentioned before, I am out on vacation and will be more than happy to send you insurance numbers and what not for this issue (on Wednesday), but will not be responsible for damage outside of my description as THERE WERE NOT ANY.

I don't know what else to say. As for the as-is comment, like I said, I have multiple ads that say the same on HardForum and Anandtech and they all say "as-is." I usually do this to protect myself from people like yourself.

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2010, 11:16 AM

Oh BTW, I will be out of communication until Wednesday. I will be traveling and will not have net access. Just FYI for forum personnel and Adam in the spirit of me cooperating and full disclosure.

I would just edit my original reply but there seems to be an individual calling me out on that so I will refrain for now until Wednesday.

Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2010, 11:18 AM

Don't know what to say other than here are the screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14818/Screen...18.55%20PM.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14818/Screen...45.00%20AM.png

Hopefully this works out

reader50
Administrator
Apr 5, 2010, 02:38 PM

I've PM'd some information to both parties.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Apr 5, 2010, 06:37 PM

i'd like to say, i inquired about this macbook and asked for pics of the damage.

and it was significantly damaged, so i passed. here below is the image i was sent from the seller. if it looks like that, it clearly wasn't caused by the post office. hope this helps solve this matter.

i'd advise anyone looking to buy to ask for pics of any damage. i'd also hope sellers would accurately describe the damage. after receiving the pics of this macbook, i wouldn't say it was accurately described to my own satisfaction. the macbook looks like it was dropped and the seller even revealed to me that the damage was accidental and not covered by applecare.
as ever,
sonny

Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2010, 06:40 PM

Yeah that's what it looked like. The pic I was sent was considerably blurrier, it was a mistake on my part not to ask for a better one and to trust the description.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Apr 5, 2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Yeah that's what it looked like. The pic I was sent was considerably blurrier, it was a mistake on my part not to ask for a better one and to trust the description.
the damage shown above was clearly not caused by shipping, since i received this pic before the item was sold.
as ever,
sonny

Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2010, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the info, sledsbehave.

Roland, if you really think that a USPS insurance claim has any chance of working out for both of us, please email me the info, but if you can't prove to USPS that it was shipped in a better condition than received, I'd rather not open yet another dispute for no result.

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2010, 10:39 PM

Just got home. I'm glad things are calmer now.

Up to you Adam, my issue was with the hairline crack, the trackpad working intermittently as well as the constant reboot issue you described. Those issues are new to my knowledge and are post-shipping.

The pics I sent to sledsbehave are accurate, If that's what you take issue with than that's another matter altogether.

At this point, I have a paypal claim to deal with and a CC charge back information request as far as I know. LMK what you want to do. I have had things packed in more styrofoam come damaged (LCD screens), so I know that if they dropped it hard enough, no matter how much packing there is, damage will occur. I insured it for $500 and can email you a scan tomorrow from work.

Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2010, 11:02 PM

Yeah, if you can send me the info that's good. I suppose the trackpad/power button could have feasibly become dislodged during shipping due to the existing damage. My issues that remain, however, are that there was no indication given of the extent of the damage to the front corner (yes, partially my fault for not getting a better photo from you, but it was certainly in no way described) and the scratch on the screen, which I don't possibly see how it could have come from shipping given as it's inside, and there is no other damage in the area.

If a USPS claim works out, then I'm satisfied, but I'm obviously skeptical that they would take responsibility given the amount of packaging and type of damage.

Forum Links
Forum Rules