Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Internet Sharing over Airport

Internet Sharing over Airport
NDBounce
Senior User
Sep 28, 2008, 12:17 AM

Hello,

I am trying to share a single internet connect over airport. I am having a problem where computers are connecting to my network but getting self assigned Airport addresses.

I have done this in the past without any problems on a PowerBook G4. But my MacBook Pro does not seem to do this properly. Can anyone help me?

All I did was went into sharing and turned on internet sharing to share from my Verizon Modem and selected to share using Airport.

I am running Mac OS 10.5.5. The computer trying to recieve the connection is a MacBook running 10.5.2

Thank you,

O
B unce!

Cold Warrior
Sep 28, 2008, 12:22 AM

Back in the Sharing prefs > Internet sharing > Airport Options, turn off encryption and set a specific channel, e.g. channel 1.

Forum Links
Forum Rules