Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Stories About Me, iPad Social Storytelling App for Kids with Autism and Special Needs

Stories About Me, iPad Social Storytelling App for Kids with Autism and Special Needs
MissBanana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2012, 04:27 AM

Stories About Me, an iPad storytelling application that helps kids with autism, kids with special needs and disabilities, and early learners in general is RELEASED!

Limited Cue has released their second application called Stories About Me. The app allows children to develop their own social stories and share it with parents, teachers, friends and other Stories About Me users.

Telling a story is a great way for kids to improve their communication skill. Stories About Me enables children illustrating their ideas into words, stimulates their creativity and strengthens memory recall skill. It's an exceptional way for kids, especially kids with autism and special needs to have fun and learn at the same time. Parents, teachers, home schoolers are also able to use this application to teach and play.

Download for FREE Stories About Me

Feature Highlights:
¥ User-friendly navigation
¥ Stories playback with photo, sound, and audio
¥ Upload photos and voice recording
¥ Edit and reorganize existing stories and pages.
¥ DropBox Integration for data’s backup and sharing with friends.

Stories About Me is available on the Apple Application Store worldwide. It is a FREE download app allowing for creation and playback of one story. Unlimited stories and Dropbox functionality are available with a one-time in-app purchase.

Find more about Stories About Me in Limited Cue website

Join Limited Cue fan page
Follow Limited Cue Twitter

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 13, 2012, 06:42 AM

Positives: apps to help kids on the Autism Spectrum are almost as rare as people who know anything about autism.

Cons: posting like this makes it look like spam...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

eyepon35
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM

As rare as it is, I guess the need to advertise such an app is even greater than the regular ones.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2012, 03:47 PM

nm.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 4, 2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by eyepon35 View Post
As rare as it is, I guess the need to advertise such an app is even greater than the regular ones.
Excellent point, but still if our OP could follow up without sounding like a spammer, that would be much better.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

HealthBuffMe
Jul 24, 2012, 06:59 PM

Great to know of an app that is catered to people who have special needs. What you have mentioned about its "Stories About Me" feature is ideal for the child's self-expression. It is also great for the family and healthcare providers to know, share and discuss on the current condition and to develop types of approaches to improve and help the child.

Forum Links
Forum Rules