Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Florida MacNNers - Even Honorary Floridians - Why Live Here?

Florida MacNNers - Even Honorary Floridians - Why Live Here? (Page 2)
Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2005, 02:46 PM

The best place to live, in my estimation, is still Florida. Let's see. I've lived in Michigan, Hawaii, California, and Washington (state) and of all of them, I still think Florida is the best.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2005, 03:20 PM

Were you born in Florida?

italiano
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2005, 03:32 PM

I've been here since 1969 - would never leave unless my beloved Northern Michigan somehow developed plenty of work to be had.
Visit us on the web @ strangedogs.com for FREE SPEECH and Video Card Flashing.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2005, 03:48 PM

Not that it matters, but I was born in Ontario, Canada.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2005, 03:55 PM

Hi Cody.

I pray that all is well with you and your family. Looking forward to another iChat, please.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2005, 08:54 PM

Hi WD: Yes, we must iChat soon, shouldn't we?

XOXO

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2005, 09:21 PM

save chat log thx

paul w
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2005, 10:34 PM

I really love you all!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Aug 28, 2005, 11:31 PM

Cody, seems you're always pimpin' Florida.

I've lived in Florida, and I'm not too fond of it. Reasons? None I care to share, but it's just not my bag.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 29, 2005, 01:04 AM

The people mostly suck, but there are a few gems. Aventura: completely useless and helpless douchebags bored out of their skulls for more and more Kabbalah.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2005, 08:27 AM

Hi Mindfad:

It's nice to see you here.

Yes, Aventura does suck - bad. What's there? Nothing. Except an Apple Store. It's nothing but wall-to-wall condiminiums housing men who are married to aging bags who slather cosmetics and suntan lotion on their wrinkled sun-damaged skins all day long. They shop all day, dine out at franchise restaurants at night, wear big Swifty Lazar sunglasses, and blab about their daughters-in-laws and meddle in neighbors' affairs.

Go to Wolfies (restaurant) in North Miami Beach and check out the patrons and **** an ear - you'll get an earful.

I like where I live because it's nice, but have a house in Sarasota and that's the place I'd much rather be. A little more bohemian and the people are more diverse - and younger.

On the other hand, this is where I have work and can fly in and out of an airport quickly if I need to. (One of three: West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.)

So I have to be here for right now.

Also have a house in Seattle and if I had it my way, I'd winter in Florida on the west coast and I'd spend springs and summers up in Seattle. That would be perfect.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2005, 08:31 AM

P.S., Why can't I see c-o-c-k an ear? I tried to say that above and MacNN censored it. Why? Doesn't MacNN know that it is a viable word in the English language and MacNN shouldn't presume to expletize it?

Taps microphone:

"Excuse me? Excuse me! AHEM: The word 'c-o-c-k' IS a word. Please note:"

****1 P Pronunciation Key (kk)
n.
An adult male chicken; a rooster.
An adult male of various other birds.
A weathervane shaped like a rooster; a weathercock.
A leader or chief.
A faucet or valve by which the flow of a liquid or gas can be regulated.
The hammer of a firearm.
The position of the hammer of a firearm when ready for firing.
A tilting or jaunty turn upward: the **** of a hat.
Vulgar Slang. The penis.
Archaic. The characteristic cry of a rooster early in the morning.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2005, 08:34 AM

This thread is now about the word c-o-c-k, it's meanings and uses in language, and of course, c-o-c-king an ear.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 29, 2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
This thread is now about the word c-o-c-k, its meanings and uses in language, and of course, c-o-c-king an ear.

Done out of necessity.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2005, 09:18 AM

Well, it's kind of ridiculous that MacNN is the one that made the word obscene, by their own estimation, and banned it? It's a word - and a verb - and it's a legitimate word. Why not allow the use of it? I see a lot worse around here in the way of obscenities and vulgarities. To ban this word is stupid.

Of course, the person who, ultimately, banned the word probably has PENIS identity problems.

Wonder if the word "PENIS" is banned also?

Let's see!

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2005, 09:21 AM

Nope!

Penis is okay. c-o-c-k is not, however.

That's silly. My c-o-c-k crows every morning. While he is crowing I like to c-o-c-k my ear to listen to him. Some mornings he crows so early that I really want to c-o-c-k my gun and blow his head off. But, I don't, because he's just being the normal bird that he is, a rooster that likes to c-o-c-k-a-doodle-doo.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 29, 2005, 09:32 AM

Wonder if the word "PENIS" is banned also?

Let's see!
OMG reported.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 29, 2005, 09:44 AM

New Orleans might become a future option for hardcore Floridians that need an additional kick

-t

Briareus
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2005, 11:34 AM

Hi Mindfad:

aging bags who slather cosmetics and suntan lotion on their wrinkled sun-damaged skins all day long

(this pretty much describes a goodly amount of the Boca Raton population, also.)

As for my Florida experience: it's the best of times, it's the worst of times. I'm basically still here because of the work available & the ability to be a moderately big fish in a small pond. While to a good extent it's a cultural wasteland, I manage to eek out a living wage that improves year after year, with consistent surprising highlights.

It'd take winning a very specific job to get me to leave (and those openings don't come up too often) - there'd still be things I'd miss, though.

Sorry to derail a developing penis thread

Macnymph
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Briareus

(this pretty much describes a goodly amount of the Boca Raton population, also.)

As for my Florida experience: it's the best of times, it's the worst of times. I'm basically still here because of the work available & the ability to be a moderately big fish in a small pond. :::snip:::

Hi,

Does anyone here know of Holiday apartments for seniors in Florida, specifically Sarasota?
My parents seem in an awful rush to sell their house and move into rental property that's offering services to elderly, without researching the place. They say they're Holiday apartments, but so far, can't find them on the web.

Anyone know of, or heard of Holiday apartments for elderly in Sarasota or Florida in general?

Thanks,
Macnymph

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2005, 01:36 PM

florida is a dirty and trashy state, from what i can tell. driving from pensacola to destin is depressing and i would never move there.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 17, 2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by tracemhunter
florida is a dirty and trashy state, from what i can tell. driving from pensacola to destin is depressing and i would never move there.
pensacola to destin? please?? how's your mother's mobile home doing? (joking, but c'mon. that's not a nice part of florida)

South Florida is cool. lots of hot girls in small clothes, do I need to say this every time??

Humidity makes girls get naked, and yes, I like to stay indoors during the summer for the most part. I have big windows, and pretty trees outside.

Shaq is shopping for a house a few blocks from where I live, and I love fast exotic cars, and there's more here than anywhere in the US.

My rent is $980/monthly for a 2/2 with central A/C.

....oh, and Cody.. we should have a video chat on iChat sometime. I wanna see what you wear to bed, and you like to say c.o.c.k. a lot, and that's hot. ; )

I'd love to live in dozens of diff. states/countries, but for now, south florida's pretty cool.

lotsa people getting mad on florida in this thread. don't hate, appreciate!
ice

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2005, 03:47 PM

Florida is one of the best places on the east coast, I don't see why everyone keeps rippin on it.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2005, 06:40 PM

I love Florida because my friend Cody lives in Florida.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

andi*pandi
Sep 18, 2005, 07:09 PM

I'm heading down in October. Flying into tampa, then spend a few days in the country. Crystal Springs, etc. Going horseback riding. Hope it's relaxing.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 10:55 AM

I wish you an awesome trip to Florida in October andi*pandi. May it be everything and more that you are expecting. Horse back riding sound fun.

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777
You could move to CA. Same (or worse) housing costs and cost of living, but trading the hurricane threat for earthquakes

-t
Hey that's my hometown. Elite CA, near the earthquake fault.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

Forum Links
Forum Rules