Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Powerbook owners UNITE!

12" Powerbook owners UNITE! (Page 7)
shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by azt33
I have a Rev. C 12" PB, have had it for more than 2 years now (ordered the day it was released). It is my baby, and I have a very hard time giving it up. I was thinking about trading it for a larger Powerbook, but I really, and I mean REALLY, have a difficult time giving this baby up. I have been thinking about putting in a larger HDD (160GB) and getting a DL Superdrive for it, but then again, is there really any point in upgrading it anymore?

I tend to use a computer for 3 years, so I would get a new laptop by the beginning of next year. (Although this might be a bit earlier, as there are some courses in university that, unfortunately, oblige me to use Windows applications)

What do you guys think, pimp the 12" or use it till I get a new one, and speed up the new purchase?

I also have an RevC 12" and I recently picked up an external 20" wide LCD for it... Feels like I have a new computer.

I am not sure why I waited so long to get an external monitor.. You really do get the best of both worlds. Ultra portability in the 12" form factor, and when at home you get a nice big bad screen to use.
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Forum Links
Forum Rules