Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Themeing Roxio Toast 6 Titanium

Themeing Roxio Toast 6 Titanium
Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 07:22 PM

I have been using Toast 6 for a few days (a lot) for work and realized I HATE its GUI, my question is: is there any themes that have an app-skin for it, if not does theme-park even support it? and then if not that, what should I do to start making my own theme for it?

Dave-o�
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 07:40 PM

Well a fellow CheeseHead! heh... You can start by opening the package contents for toast and making a back-up copy. Then i would assemble the pieces and start your themeing and then saving them back into the package resouce's file. Hope that helps you out some what..

deej5871
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 08:52 PM

I have Toast Lite 5.2.1 and in ThemePark it is selectable as a skinable app. However when I go in to look at it's resources there are no images.. It has categories with names like "Audio Well Pause Button" but when I go there there are no images inside.

Zee_on  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2004, 09:00 PM

thats funny, Hmm, still the question is has there ever been ANY themes for Toast? Ever?

if not, come on people lets make a Toast looking theme, maybe it could look like a piece of bread, with splattered jam as the buttons, hehe

seriously though, lets make a theme

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2004, 09:22 PM

deej, just guessing here, but ThemePark is probably looking for the resources in Toast Titanium and doesn't event think to look for Toast Lite.

As for themes with a Toast skin, I can't think of any. If anyone has it's Max with one of his more recent updates (maybe Aluminum Alloy?), but the general themer consensus seems to be that Toast isn't worth the effort.
DigitalRamen sucks.

deej5871
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by wibs:
deej, just guessing here, but ThemePark is probably looking for the resources in Toast Titanium and doesn't event think to look for Toast Lite.
It has "Toast Lite 5.2.1" listed in the pop-up menu.. However when I click "Add" it puts "Toast 6 Titanium" in the column. Interesting...

Smeger?

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2004, 10:12 PM

smeger
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 10:13 PM

ThemePark's app skin is designed for Toast 6 Titanium, but the popup menu looks for any version of Toast. This was designed for forward compatibility, but I guess it kinda breaks in this backwards-compatibility case.

The reason you're not seeing any of the resources is simply that Toast Lite doesn't have all the resources that Toast 6 Titanium has.

I think Aluminum Alloy themes Toast 6 Titanium, not sure though.

I still need to post my instructions on creating ThemePark templates for new app skins. Not enough hours in the day...
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2004, 10:41 PM

I've made a couple but I never REALLY liked em so I think I trashed em... it's really not that hard... all you need is a Graphics app and some time.

Mac Guru

FB Eye
Senior User
Jun 17, 2004, 11:12 AM

It's not as fun as splattered jam for buttons, but look at this funny image I found while browing through the Toast Titanium.rsrc file in ThemePark!!!

A nice CD sandwich...
Hehe

Zee_on  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2004, 11:27 AM

was that really in there?
if it was that be pretty ironic

ahhhh, need theme for toast

FB Eye
Senior User
Jun 17, 2004, 01:39 PM

IT IS in there!!! I'm not joking...

Just read my previous post to see where it's hidden inside Toast

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2004, 09:43 AM

I would love to have some theme available for Toast. Any idea about a cool look having in mind the kind of app it is?

Zee_on  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2004, 02:19 AM

if you made a theme that looked like Panthers metal the was heated up to the point of being red hot, that would be cool, or a flame pattern, thou there would be no way of doing that without looking like $HIT... hehe. or make it look like bread, or we could try to do an LCD theme for it, that could look good, really simple and plain...

Yay

<maybe I should go to bet, its 1:20 AM>

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Jun 19, 2004, 04:14 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
I think Aluminum Alloy themes Toast 6 Titanium, not sure though.
It doesn't, I didn't think it needed to since toast goes pretty well with the theme.
But it is possible to skin Toast 6 with ThemePark but I don't think anyone has done it yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules