Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iTMS **NEEDS** customizination features

iTMS **NEEDS** customizination features
gulmatan
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2007, 05:44 PM

Is there a way to customize the iTMS storefront? Personaly, I DO NOT appreciate having gangsta rap/hump yo mama/rape you sista crap SHOVED IN MY FACE!!!!! I'm doing Apple a favour by buying music from their store instead of giving Amazon, Tower or Sam Goody the business. So, if Apple wants more business, they should give their customers or would-be-customers the COURTESY of allowing customers to customize the store and storefront.

Is there a way to customize the iTMS storefront?
PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz/1GB RAM/OS/X (10.4.11)
Windows--A fate in league with Communism.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 05:55 PM

Geez, get a grip.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 19, 2007, 06:12 PM

I DiDN'T SEE A SONG about HUMPiNG Yo MAMA or RAPiN Yo SiSTA anywhere
ice

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 06:16 PM

Between Cat in the Hat and 24 I also can't deal with all that gangsta rap.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 06:39 PM

I would also like to see some level of customization for the iTS. I don't think Apple would ever allow us to completely redo the look of it, but maybe we could have it so we only see the ads for music genre's we choose, or something. They'll never get rid of the advertising space, so allowing us to choose what sort of music we get ads for might help a lot.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 07:00 PM

If the iTS needed customization, Apple would have done it a long time ago.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
If the iTS needed customization, Apple would have done it a long time ago.
NOT SO FAST!!!!! Take Amazon for instance. Here's a non-tech/non-computer related company and yet, they've got custiomization features and tailor your storefront based on your purchases, likes and make suitable recommendations. Apple, OTOH, a purely tech-oriented company, can and has the resources to do this, chooses not to implement a customization feature. WHY? If Amazon can do this, why does Apple, who can EASILY do the same, chose rather, to SHOVE what they want or even what Steve Jobs probably FORCES THEM TO, do otherwise?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 07:28 PM

People pay Apple to have their music put on the front page.

That's why Apple can't customize it.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 19, 2007, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by gulmatan View Post
NOT SO FAST!!!!! Take Amazon for instance. Here's a non-tech/non-computer related company and yet, they've got custiomization features and tailor your storefront based on your purchases, likes and make suitable recommendations. Apple, OTOH, a purely tech-oriented company, can and has the resources to do this, chooses not to implement a customization feature. WHY? If Amazon can do this, why does Apple, who can EASILY do the same, chose rather, to SHOVE what they want or even what Steve Jobs probably FORCES THEM TO, do otherwise?
THERE IS NO REASON TO YELL. AND YOU ARE MAKING NO SENSE AT ALL.

Salty
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2007, 08:13 PM

I kind of agree. I tend to like only certain types of artists. And it's frustrating that I don't even have my default most listened to type on the main page quickly anymore. It's annoying. They should really just ask you what your favourite genre is so that the top 40 bullshit isn't being force down my throat.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 09:28 PM

Um. Doesn't the "Just for you" section cover this?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 19, 2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Between Cat in the Hat and 24 I also can't deal with all that gangsta rap.
You're lucky. My iTMS page gave me "Andy Barker P.I." My little brother was watching that show when it premiered and now he won't stop cussin' like an accountant. And he audited my girlfriend.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 19, 2007, 10:59 PM

Amy Winehouse, love her.
ice

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 02:14 AM

I don't know about you, but I almost never go to iTMS not knowing what to buy- I am usually searching for something.

Besdies, don't they have that mini-store that sit at the bottom of your playlist? That thing is 100% customizable, if I remember correctly. Use that.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
I DiDN'T SEE A SONG about HUMPiNG Yo MAMA or RAPiN Yo SiSTA anywhere

This is a hilarious board
( Last edited by earthlings; Mar 20, 2007 at 02:23 AM. )

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 07:43 AM

Ridiculous rap stereotypes aside, it's all the country, 15-year-old pop princesses and American Idol "winners" I'd like to customize off my screen.

[Country music = Broken pickup, dog ran away, out of beer stereotypes deleted]

gulmatan, is it really that hard to just click on the showtunes genre if that's what you're after?

Originally Posted by Miniryu
I don't know about you, but I almost never go to iTMS not knowing what to buy- I am usually searching for something.

Besdies, don't they have that mini-store that sit at the bottom of your playlist? That thing is 100% customizable, if I remember correctly. Use that.
What he said.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 20, 2007, 08:16 AM

Take Amazon for instance. Here's a non-tech/non-computer related company and yet, they've got custiomization features and tailor your storefront based on your purchases, likes and make suitable recommendations.
I hate to break this to you but Amazon is THE original tech/computer related business. It's the first successful online-ONLY store for crying out loud.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 20, 2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
People pay Apple to have their music put on the front page.

That's why Apple can't customize it.
Yup, I think there was a Slashdot article on that subject a few days ago.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2007, 08:19 AM

Oh, I see it.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 20, 2007, 08:39 AM

WAHAåHAHA
ice

Railroader
Banned
Mar 20, 2007, 11:13 AM

iTMS would be much nicer w/customization, that's certainly true. It would be nice of the search feature was a little bit more robust as well.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
You made laugh out loud during class.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2007, 11:41 AM

Awesome.

hayesk
Mar 20, 2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
I hate to break this to you but Amazon is THE original tech/computer related business. It's the first successful online-ONLY store for crying out loud.
It's not the first, but probably the most popular.

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 01:23 AM

Thanks for the clarification. My context is that Amazon is more a book/music/movie vendor than a dedicated tech-only store like HP, Apple or Epson is. That's what I meant to say.

Furthermore:
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Yup, I think there was a Slashdot article on that subject a few days ago.
Steve Jobs is a COWARD!!!! If he truly wanted to be cutting edge, he'd tell record companies, that he's gonna put up a site that lets it be a purely customer-driven store allowing each individual customer design his own (I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!!!) storefront page. That would be groundbreaking and unconventional. BUT, I guess Mr. Jobs is too cowardly to go against the grain and thus is just another yuppie idiot driven by the cookie cutter mentality that drives Micro$$loth.
( Last edited by gulmatan; Mar 21, 2007 at 01:33 AM. )

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2007, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
Hence the succesful-qualifier

centerchannel68
Baninated
Mar 21, 2007, 02:23 AM

Buying any song from the itunes store results in more money for the record companies, so they can shove more gangsta rap in your face. So basically, by purchasing ANY music you are supporting gangsta rap.

Instead, head over to your local library and check out some CDs. It's free.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 21, 2007, 02:39 AM

library? pretty lame, but at least you're not gonna run into any dumb tan hoes.
ice

centerchannel68
Baninated
Mar 21, 2007, 02:52 AM

Werd. Instead you'll find school girls with years of repressed sexual feelings. Plus you can talk to them.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
Werd. Instead you'll find school girls with years of repressed sexual feelings. Plus you can talk to them.
I'm not sure I want to hang out at your library...

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2007, 03:27 AM

Steve Jobs is a COWARD!!!! If he truly wanted to be cutting edge, he'd tell record companies, that he's gonna put up a site that lets it be a purely customer-driven store allowing each individual customer design his own (I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!!!) storefront page. That would be groundbreaking and unconventional. BUT, I guess Mr. Jobs is too cowardly to go against the grain and thus is just another yuppie idiot driven by the cookie cutter mentality that drives Micro$$loth.
Are you being sarcastic, or are you really that crazy? I don't even look at the iTunes front page for more than a second or two.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2007, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
I'm pretty sure Amazon was the first profitable online-only store. People made a big deal when it started to turn a profit. Maybe it was just for a large store.

Absolutely hilarious- I can't stop laughing.

I'm killing a good joke here, but there is actually a song by the Notorious B.I.G. where Biggie raps about having sex with "your" momma and raping "your" sister (its called Dead Wrong).

When I heard it, I was like WTF?!?!

My website

gulmatan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 07:35 PM

Not everything Mr Steve "Yuppie Idiot" Jobs does is the best idea since Newton discovered gravity. Mr. Jobs needs to realize that he is not the authority on what's cool or what everyone likes of his creations. Furthermore, I have the same issues with places like Barnes & Noble and Borders who SHOVE, PUSH ad naseum this Harry Potter witchcraft for kids when all I'd like to do is go into the store, give them my business and buy a Sherlock Holmes novel or a great sci-fi novel. Instead, before I get to the fiction section or DVD part of the store, I'm bombarded with junk ranging from Britney/Christina whoredom, Harry Potter satanism or some rapcrap Jim Jones malarky-besides, why are these rapper/hip-hopper thugs looking like they should be serving jail time instead?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Mar 21, 2007, 08:05 PM

Instead, before I get to the fiction section or DVD part of the store, I'm bombarded with junk ranging from Britney/Christina whoredom, Harry Potter satanism or some rapcrap Jim Jones malarky-besides, why are these rapper/hip-hopper thugs looking like they should be serving jail time instead?
Yeah, pop culture is kinda at an all time low right now. Have no principles? No education? Sweet, either be a whore or some ignorant low income piece of trash who talks about beating up women, and you can be a star!

**** that. I liked it when society embraced people who achieved things that were hard to achieve, instead of just DUMB to achieve.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2007, 09:22 PM

Got to agree with Rob on that one. Fergie makes the best selling song on iTunes by singing about how much of a slut and a retard. Messed up.

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2007, 06:34 AM

kudos to centrechannel for recognising how retarded the entertainment industry is becoming... no morals, no standards.
i honestly wouldnt ever let my kid into iTMS unsupervised.
Hear and download my debut EP 'Ice Pictures' for free here

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2007, 09:36 AM

Not everything Mr Steve "Yuppie Idiot" Jobs does is the best idea since Newton discovered gravity. Mr. Jobs needs to realize that he is not the authority on what's cool or what everyone likes of his creations. Furthermore, I have the same issues with places like Barnes & Noble and Borders who SHOVE, PUSH ad naseum this Harry Potter witchcraft for kids when all I'd like to do is go into the store, give them my business and buy a Sherlock Holmes novel or a great sci-fi novel. Instead, before I get to the fiction section or DVD part of the store, I'm bombarded with junk ranging from Britney/Christina whoredom, Harry Potter satanism or some rapcrap Jim Jones malarky-besides, why are these rapper/hip-hopper thugs looking like they should be serving jail time instead?
Vote with your DOLLAR! Sell your mac.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2007, 09:40 AM

Furthermore, I have the same issues with places like Barnes & Noble and Borders who SHOVE, PUSH ad naseum this Harry Potter witchcraft for kids... Harry Potter satanism
Ahahaha!

Man, if you're for real... iTS might not be your biggest problem at the moment.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 04:23 PM

This has got to be the funniest fu*kin thing I've seen in a while

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 04:24 PM

Cleanup in aisle 6, someone spilled crazy everywhere...

marden
Baninated
Mar 22, 2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
This has got to be the funniest fu*kin thing I've seen in a while
It really is howling funny. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

Kudos, Dakar!

marden
Baninated
Mar 22, 2007, 04:57 PM

On both points I could not agree with you any more!

I'll be starting a new thread inspired by your second point. How Well Does "A Clockwork Orange" Predict The Future?

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...t/#post3334526
( Last edited by marden; Mar 22, 2007 at 05:36 PM. )

andi*pandi
Mar 22, 2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Dammit, it's on my shoes now. And I just bought these!!!

marden
Baninated
Mar 22, 2007, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
On both points I could not agree with you any more!

I'll be starting a new thread inspired by your second point. How Well Does "A Clockwork Orange" Predict The Future?

Originally Posted by sek929
Originally Posted by Dakar
Ahahaha! Man, if you're for real... iTS might not be your biggest problem at the moment.
Are these two posters Zombies? Maybe...

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Dammit, it's on my shoes now. And I just bought these!!!
Maybe it's Zombie juice. And maybe it came from YOU!

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2007, 10:20 PM

Harry Potter witchcraft for kids... Harry Potter satanism
I'm sure this has all been discussed in another thread before, but how exactly is Harry Potter Satanism? Harry embodies Christian values, so how is Satanism involved?

If you are talking about a boy learning magic- hello!? Us 'kids' have been watching cartoons and reading comics since He-Man days. I grew up watching He-Man, a program created by pagans (or was it wiccans, i can't remember). I'm a Christian, and have never changed my beliefs. Don't make the rest of us look stupid because you want to be a paranoid ignoramus.

My website

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 10:30 PM

I loled so hard at gulmatan's post. Someone indeed spilled crazy all over.

And for the record (no pun intended), if you really think the entertainment industry is at an all time low you really have no sense of perspective. "Everything was better in the good old days." Right.

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2007, 11:01 PM

And for the record (no pun intended), if you really think the entertainment industry is at an all time low you really have no sense of perspective. "Everything was better in the good old days." Right.
and if you can't see how clearly it's decayed into a shameless slut-fest over time, obsessed with sex and self (rather than things of actual value), then you're the one with the clouded vision IMO. it was, in fact, MUCH better in the old days.
the crap was still around of course, but there was far less of it.

as for harry potter, for the love of God let's not open that debate, please

centerchannel68
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 12:33 AM

Dude, I'm sorry, but you're retarded. Britney. Slut. Christina. Slut. All the female pop stars of today aren't talented, they actually suck at singing, their voices are just digitally ****ed with until tolerable to the masses, the only reason they are stars is because they have nice bodies & they're willing to do anything to be famous. For rappers, they are willing to do the dumbest ****, possessing no education, maturity, respect, or anything of value, talent, or anything else that takes WORK to achieve.

Do you honestly think it's HARD to suck every dick that gets shown to you, or take your clothes off? It isn't. You just have to lack principles, or self respect.

Do you honestly think it's hard to be a dumb ignorant piece of **** that just wants to shoot anybody who disagrees with you? It isn't. You just have to be a dumb worthless piece of **** that hasn't gotten shot yet.

Today's pop stars are REMARKABLY similar to what lives in the ghettos/trailer parks across this country. They are not cherished for their voices, their poetry, their talent, or their achievements. Instead they're cherished for sexual costumes and their bodies, or the epitomy of dumb ignorant musclehead mother****ers.

Personally if the terrorists hit an MTV music awards and killed all these stupid pieces of crap, I'd probably celebrate.

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2007, 12:54 AM

as blunt as that was, i'd have to agree. particularly if you're a musician it's even more sickening the kind of crap the public sucks up. it makes it very hard for anyone who's actually any good to get anywhere when you have to be a gangster retard or a slut to sell any records.

Forum Links
Forum Rules