Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need Help Desperately, Entourage and contacts

Need Help Desperately, Entourage and contacts
iREZ
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2007, 11:05 PM

so a friend using an ibook g4 1ghz recently wiped their computer and reinstalled tiger to trim down all the stuff that had accumulated over the years on their ibook. before they did this, they ran superduper and backed up their entire system onto an external hard drive.

everything is fine but they now i find that its of utter importance to find their contact list that was on entourage, so before i go into their hard drive and screw stuff up, where would this info be located if its located at all. i dont use entourage and am not familiar with it one bit, is it even possible? im hoping that its stored somewhere on their library but thought id ask before things go awry. thanks for any info you guys could muster up.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Cold Warrior
Aug 1, 2007, 11:21 PM

It's stored as part of the user profile, in ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/[identity, e.g., Main]. The file called "Database" or "Mailing Lists" should have it.

As far as I know, you can't extract it independently of entourage. If the Microsoft User Data folder is placed in Documents (assuming there isn't one there now), Entourage should recognize it when it starts up for the first time and load the contents.

iREZ  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2007, 01:52 AM

oh man...worked like a charm. thanks a million!
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Forum Links
Forum Rules