Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Clamshell charging ring color

Clamshell charging ring color
ValVashon
Mac Enthusiast
May 7, 2003, 05:49 PM

My clamshell iBook just started charging the new battery- i don't know why, it just decided to start charging it or showing that it was charged. Anyway, the day it started working, it showed a green light around the ring when it was charged- I took it through several charge/run off of battery cycles to see if it was really working. A few days later, now, the ring is amber colored all the time- it never goes back to green, even though I can see that the battery is up to 100% (the battery is only 3 months old- got it from the moderator of this forum) and the AC adapter is new; at least that's what the eBay seller told me.

Any ideas, and should I worry about this?

Val

Stuncle Eve
Forum Regular
May 7, 2003, 06:47 PM

My charging ring did the same thing a couple of weeks ago (iBook 800). I took the adaptor back to the local Apple store & got a new one (it was still under warranty, so it was free). It still worked okay, but it just didn't look right.

Forum Links
Forum Rules