Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Nupower G3 driver?

Nupower G3 driver?
bgordon
Mar 31, 2004, 01:49 PM

Hey all - I've got a Nupower G3 upgrade (216 Mhz version) on the way for an old PB 1400 of mine...however, I don't think it comes with drivers. Are there actually drivers associated with this upgrade that I need to install first? If so, anyone have an idea where I can get them? I'm Googling, but no luck so far.

Thanks - -

- bgordon

Milo Waye
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2004, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by bgordon:
Hey all - I've got a Nupower G3 upgrade (216 Mhz version) on the way for an old PB 1400 of mine...however, I don't think it comes with drivers. Are there actually drivers associated with this upgrade that I need to install first? If so, anyone have an idea where I can get them? I'm Googling, but no luck so far.

Thanks - -

- bgordon
I just picked up a Nupower 240/G3. I'll email you the installer for it

Milo Waye
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2004, 10:56 PM

Thanks - -

- bgordon
Guess I need your email address

Milo Waye
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2004, 11:00 PM

Thanks - -

- bgordon
I'm apologize bgordon. It's a Newer Tech card with a MAXpowr driver...

bgordon  (op)
Apr 1, 2004, 12:02 AM

Thanks anyhow Milo -- I appreciate the thought! Maybe I should try the guy over at xlr8yourmac.com....

Now, if I can just get this Orinoco Gold card working in 128-bit WEP mode!

- bgordon

Milo Waye
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 3, 2004, 08:53 PM

Thanks anyhow Milo -- I appreciate the thought! Maybe I should try the guy over at xlr8yourmac.com....

Now, if I can just get this Orinoco Gold card working in 128-bit WEP mode!

- bgordon
bgordon I'm not sure the driver I've got isn't the one you're looking for. Dawns on me the NewerTech card name is NuPowr, no? I shipped the PB off to have the G3 installed. When it comes back I'll be glad to email it to you.

If or when you get your Orinoco gold working w/ 128-bit WEP please do let me know! I got the darn thing cuz of it's supposed compatibility, but that evidently means only in unsecure mode.

bgordon  (op)
Apr 4, 2004, 01:05 AM

Milo, thanks again, but I've got the G3 driver in there now, working - I found the G3 Nupower software on Other World Computing's web site. I think it's basically software that lets you tweak the performance of the card...I'm not sure if the software needs to be installed for the card to actually function, though.

I know what you mean re: 128-bit WEP. Not working with my Airport Extreme, even though I'm using the massively-long hexadecimal password and using the Dell Truemobile card (Orinoco Gold) which is supposed to work in 128. It's working in unsecure mode, from someone's unsecured wifi signal in my apartment building, but that sucks....I'll keep working that angle on my end and perhaps we can keep each other informed of progress.

Thanks again --

- bgordon

Forum Links
Forum Rules